Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Corvette Today Podcast # 41: News & Headlines

Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com connect to bring you up to date on the latest news in the world of Corvette! https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...ry-2021-epbab4  Here are just a few of the topics discussed in this podcast:
1.  GM Vice President, Steve Hill, says most C8 buyers are new to the Corvette Brand and wealthier than C7 customers.
2.  The high wing spoiler for C8 is available again on Chevrolet.com
3.  The first 1967 L88 sells for $2.5m at the Mecum Auction/Kissimmee
4  Laura Wontrop Klauser is named as Sports Car Racing Program Manager
5. The 2021 race season begins for Corvette Racing at Daytona with new lineup
6. New C8.R driver, Nick Tandy, says the C8 is more stable than the Porsche 911 RSR
7.  A man wins Corvette in the Georgia Lottery, but can’t get one from a local dealer
8.  A 2019 C7 ZR1 run the quarter mile in 9.592 seconds!
9.  Lingenfelter introduces a lowering kit for C8
2 of 3 < >

We have started a monthly PHOTO OF THE MONTH CONTEST WITH PRIZE MONEY!

3 of 3 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Thanksgiving day TEST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanksgiving day TEST

I hope this Thanksgiving day finds you and your family safe and healthy! While many of us will not be sharing this day with as many family members as we might have ,I have a test to occupy some of your free time. Last year when photos of the interior of the new C8 Corvette started to leak, a great groan of disbelief was heard, what were they thinking putting that wall of switches between the driver and passenger OMG it's terrible looking and on and on it went. Now with thousands of C8 Corvettes in the hands of owners that cry isn't mentioned any longer? So here is my test for all owners, grab a sheet of lined paper number the lines one through nineteen sit in your favorite chair and on those lines list what each button/switch/display (from top to bottom) on your center hvac strip does/controls no cheating put your manual away and no sitting in your car! Depending on trim level, some cars may have blanks installed so list them as blank. How many can you really identify correctly???? Post your number of correct answers or scan your answer sheet and post it as proof. Have fun with this and enjoy your day. Remember Sister Mary Katherine is watching over your shoulder so no cheating.
    Save the wave
    Larry & Debi
    Our C8 Arctic White, two tone interior black w/ red seats, 3LT...options--EYK, PIN, E60, ZZ3,VK3, ZYC, DTH, Q8Q, ERI, YF5, FE4, Z51, BV4

The bottom ones are for the passenger, no need to know what those do! Lol.

Comment

My car rolls off of the line Monday if things go right. No car, no manual, can’t cheat.

Comment

Two months 2300 miles and i could even begin to remember what the center console buttons are from memory but in daily driver use...i love that center stack and all its little buttons...some times i use the little screen on the dash but the center stack comes in handy from time to time.

Im only 8 weeks in yet Im really enjoying every drive, every aspect of this c8.

I'm really happy I picked up this corvette. No problems, no issues, just good fun and lots of smiles. I take it up and around the mountains as much as I can and I'm having a lot of memorable times,

happy holidays

JB

Comment

JB, glad to see you back here. Must have been driving your C8 was more fun (we all understand). Glad your is working well for you. Love your tag line, “just good fun and lots of smiles.” You deserve that.
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I do not need to take the test to know I would fail (below 65%). I know however by feel without looking the five I use the most (probably 95% of all the times I use any of them). I too like the “wall”as it was pejoratively called by a few at the beginning. My wife loves her side of the car and has her five memorized too. All’s good. In fact better than that.

I am, like you, pleased to see that BGA averaged 195+ per day this week. Nice way to complete 2020 and to jump start 2021 production.
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I was one that never had a problem with the center stack. Now that I’ve got to mess with it for awhile one of the best features they did, in my opinion, was make the fan switch the divider between driver and passenger. This gives me a quick reference on what it is I’m looking for. On a side note, I used the seat warmer and heated steering wheel Wednesday for the first time. Love it!

As far as knowing all the switches...without cheating:
              fan
              2 cool seats
              2 warm seats
              AC
              2 temp controls
              2 defrost
              Separate on/off
              Sync button

That’s all I got....nice quiz!
              Blade Silver, Z51 black/red two tone seats, 3LT, red seat belts, Black trident wheels, red engine cover, front lift, lighted sill plates, 3000 March 2020; 3300 TPW August 17th as of July 31st. Born August 13th, 2020. As of August 27th it’s at the dealership!😁 Now for the LPO’s...Delivered September 8th 2020👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Comment

The 3 that stick up are driver temp, fan speed, pax temp. Those are the main ones. Below the drivers temp, above pax temp are the heated and cooled seats. Above fan is hvac power and above that is recirc and the 3 position selectors.

Now I'm curious to see how close I am lol.
                Last edited by BloodRedSkies737; 11-27-2020, 02:45 PM.

Comment

All I need is the AUTO button and the temp up/dwn and I don't need to remember the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRedSkies737 View Post
                    The 3 that stick up are driver temp, fan speed, pax temp. Those are the main ones. Below the drivers temp, above pax temp are the heated and cooled seats. Above fan is hvac power and above that is recirc and the 3 position selectors.

Now I'm curious to see how close I am lol.
                    I’m dizzy after that
                    2017 TR GS 2LT

Comment

Honestly, I don't mess with any of them, mine is set to 72 degrees auto and so it just makes it perfect for me when I drive. I know the temps are at top and bottom and the auto is somewhere near the middle.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X