MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Stay Tuned As Chazcron Works On His Latest Project, The ME IP/Dashboard! Not New, But 48 Wonderful High Resolution C8 Pictures

Stay Tuned As Chazcron Works On His Latest Project, The ME IP/Dashboard! Also, High Resolution C8 Pictures!

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...f-the-interior

48 High Resolution C8 Pictures:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...8-spy-pictures
2 of 4 < >

Scheduled Software Maintenance: Tuesday, 8:00 PM

We have scheduled software maintenance and upgrades Tuesday (19th) @ 8:00 PM. While vBulletin always say not more than an hour, they have averaged 10 minutes in length. Thank you — as we continually are committed to having the best forum software available.
3 of 4 < >

Welcome Corvette Dream Giveway As Our Forum Founding Vendor!

We welcome an outstanding organization as a MECF vendor, one who has an amazing and such a.well deserved reputation for giving away staggering amounts of funds to very worthy organizations who help others.

https://www.dreamgiveaway.com/dg/corvette?promo=ME2019C
4 of 4 < >

Advantages of ME Over FE Configuration! Patent for Variable Width Spoiler

See more
See less

Thank you Chazcron for your ME renderings, including your new GIF and ones!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you Chazcron for your ME renderings, including your new GIF and ones!

Thanks Chazcron for 2019-intro, ME images! Thank you very much Chazcron for all the 2018 renderings you have shared with us, helping us mentally transition to the finally revealed C8.

We at MECF have also been so fortunate to have the expertise and skills of Chazcron. Here are some new ME images and quite a bit of his commentary as to why how, why, and what’s next.

As he said, if someone could only get him the actual/final headlight and tail lights drawings.

Click image for larger version

Name:	wind_c7b339cf550a5434fb1bec174d9aed0304ff40bc.gif
Views:	51
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	21395

Originally posted by Chazcron
    I'm doing another round of checking proportions against hi-res spy photos (thank you Keith and John) I made the rear window 20% longer. Again, no panel lines added in post (it's late) and very little touch-up. Love them, hate them, or just agonize about the things I am supposed to be aware of and refuse to address. (ok, I admit, the chrome window surround was an accident, but I thought it was a little classy at first) You could even... gasp... marvel at the things I most likely got right.

Again, I'll change my scoop headlights and taillights when someone posts a decent leak. I'm probably going to model the huge wipers and may try to actually carve the hood and door creases like I did with the top of the rear deck. (the only modeled panel line I've cut so far) SInce it is mostly finished, I will probably render test pix and post them more often, as you might have noticed.

The reasons for my scoop's leading edge being black are these:

My first thought was, the leading edge is fake cardboard to throw us off (evidenced in my first renders.) Then I saw the image with the door open and the drop down winglet right where the leading edge was. If the leading edge was fake, the remaining top of scoop on the body would be too almost too small for a door handle and most certainly not hidden. Also, if fake, you'd have a hard and awkward time reaching the real door handle. That's how I came to the conclusion it is real. I assume it would be prohibitively expensive to stamp the shape as one piece. Ferrari can afford to do that, GM can not.

Click image for larger version  Name:	FA196A77-773F-492F-9F9E-37FED69A8C87.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	491.7 KB ID:	21085

Some of the hi-res photos showed the seams running under the camo, giving me a pretty good estimate of where it "leads" to. I extrapolated using the idea that shapes repeat.

Why do I have it further back from the door edge? Two things, one, if it is where it shows now, directly beginning at the door edge, I'd think there'd be a good chance of finger pinch. Two, the spy photos show the fake extension wobbling in both directions, in and out.

Click image for larger version  Name:	85E537C6-9202-48C3-837C-C2345071D070.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	154.4 KB ID:	21084
    Two images of wider angle distortion

Click image for larger version  Name:	99AFC50A-61E0-424B-A821-F1CA109F833E.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	257.5 KB ID:	21083
    More crisp, but reflecting shapes are distracting

Why black and not body color? I think the lower end models could be body colored. But ask yourself, why make a distinct different shape and make it body color? The upper end models would naturally lend themselves to carbon fiber. Further, the rear window surround will likely be black, not body color, to make the tiny rear window appear bigger, the exhaust fairing is black as is the front grille is likely to be. It just makes sense to me to have a dash of black along the side too. Is my shape right? Most likely not. But it satisfies my design sense. I trust that the GM designers have a far better eye than me. That especially goes for my trainwreck of my inner headlight design.

Click image for larger version  Name:	259931FC-F311-463B-95CA-4F0CF09A831C.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	291.2 KB ID:	21082

Nice in white with actual color bouncing around. Unfortunately I didn't give my light bars enough sampling to illuminate the surroundings without extreme pixellation.
    I've spent a lot of time spinning this car around in 3D, probably more than anyone outside of GM. Once you get the ingrained image of the long-hooded traditional Corvette out of you head, I truly feel its design honors the look and feel of the storied Corvette heritage. It is a worthy successor and an outstanding addition to the Corvette line. My model and renders will pale in comparison to seeing it in the flesh. They always do.
    For all of us here, we thank you Chazcron and look forward to more of your actual 2019 mid engine renderings!
    Last edited by John; 01-03-2019, 03:03 PM.
    So many questions about the ME right now; so few answers yet.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A 2020 ME C8 Corvette is coming next.

An exciting white C8. Thank you Chazcron.

Comment

Looking good

Comment

Looking better and better!!! Thanks as million! I'm sure we'll all have Minds. Blown. at the reveal, your renderings are the perfect appetizer to the main course!

Comment

Chazcron’s 2 more white renderings.

Name:	27CEF79C-BD51-47ED-98A3-F45E67954277.jpeg
Views:	29
Size:	144.1 KB
ID:	21118

Name:	C8BEF210-54B4-42B3-8319-5147652207AA.jpeg
Views:	29
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	21119

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A 2020 ME C8 Corvette is coming next.

Comment

New spy picture to render comparison by Chazcron:

Name:	C0627090-CB91-41C6-824C-E20581CB378F.gif
Views:	37
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	21124

Comment

This looks great, I'll offer my $.02 I think the glass area in the rear is too small. Just my opinion based on previous gens of Corvettes and for viability reasons.
              2015 Z06 CR/TR 1 of 3
              Lifetime Member of the National Corvette Museum c/o 1 1/4 acres

Comment

Thanks Chazcron. You renders look alive.

Comment

I prefer the solid body colored side flares. Looks more sophisticated and smoother flowing to my eye...

great renderings..

we would all be lucky to get such a good looking c8.

well done
                  Last edited by JB; 01-01-2019, 11:18 AM.

Comment

As Chazcron wrote yesterday, as fvs has done several times and as bdsvavars has also noted, the revealed ME will be better looking than any of their renderings!

Comment

Waay cool stuff Chaz. I like the look, can't wait for the reveal. Come on GM

Comment

Today’s newest Chazcron rendering, his “New Year” intro. [Windshield wipers to come on his next one.]

Name:	F653678E-64E0-4AB8-8809-648F930C97E2.jpeg
Views:	33
Size:	193.6 KB
ID:	21152

Comment

You guys think the front hood is going to have that much indentation and bold design?

Interesting...i never anticipated that much sculpting....i think thats hard to create in production ...

Comment

fvs does also, although his hood rendering is a little different.

Name:	679D4B26-C8B0-45B3-96BE-1365AEC6E9CF.jpeg
Views:	33
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	21171

Comment

Well...as awesome as it looks...i personally believe these stunning renderings have a slight tendancy to embolden styling cues slightly ...that being the side scoop as well as the hood..

please dont take my insight or perspective as a negative on the artists capability...

these are just discussion points for fun..

i think my point would be best described as slightly toned down in final production...and unfortunately so..

i love the bold looks of comcept cars as they head to production...

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X