Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Corvette Today Podcast # 41: News & Headlines

Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com connect to bring you up to date on the latest news in the world of Corvette! https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...ry-2021-epbab4  Here are just a few of the topics discussed in this podcast:
1.  GM Vice President, Steve Hill, says most C8 buyers are new to the Corvette Brand and wealthier than C7 customers.
2.  The high wing spoiler for C8 is available again on Chevrolet.com
3.  The first 1967 L88 sells for $2.5m at the Mecum Auction/Kissimmee
4  Laura Wontrop Klauser is named as Sports Car Racing Program Manager
5. The 2021 race season begins for Corvette Racing at Daytona with new lineup
6. New C8.R driver, Nick Tandy, says the C8 is more stable than the Porsche 911 RSR
7.  A man wins Corvette in the Georgia Lottery, but can’t get one from a local dealer
8.  A 2019 C7 ZR1 run the quarter mile in 9.592 seconds!
9.  Lingenfelter introduces a lowering kit for C8
2 of 3 < >

We have started a monthly PHOTO OF THE MONTH CONTEST WITH PRIZE MONEY!

3 of 3 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Tadge’s Opinion on the need for clear wrap or ceramic paint protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tadge’s Opinion on the need for clear wrap or ceramic paint protection

What do Tadge or Chevrolet think about the need for these popular paint protection methods?

I lost his number, so cannot call him.

Comment

It's a painted car, the world is harsh, unless you drive it around inside a museum, you stand a good chance of a stone chip. Certainly isn't a Corvette specific issue.

Comment

GM, as a rule, doesn't comment on or endorse / not endorse third party products.
        Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Awaiting allocation: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_29839.jpg
Views:	617
Size:	752.9 KB
ID:	210539 The topic never came up!
          2021 HTC Deposit placed 10/24/21-

Comment

This is what the (2021) owner’s manual says in the exterior care section:

”Finish Care
            Application of aftermarket clearcoat sealant/wax materials is not recommended.”

But then the next paragraph says:

”Occasional hand waxing or mild polishing should be done to remove residue from the paint finish. See your dealer for approved cleaning products.”

Comment

It's your call. If you wish the paint to look as good for as long as possible - PPF or Wrap. It's expensive for plastic, but a paint job these days is insane $$$.
              Rocket City Florida

Comment

If anyone is interested here is my car getting it's PPF done in the summer
                https://www.instagram.com/p/CGFbWW3B6Sf/
                Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
                Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
                3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

On my 570s I had my detailer first do complete paint correction as needed (car delivered from dealership without dealer touching the car), then apply PPF on fully detailed corrected paint (Xpel Ultimate), followed by C'quartz pro ceramic coating on all body, wheels (off) and brakes. Then I had C'quartz applied to interior leather, door jambs, etc. The ceramic coating never gets applied to the actual clear coat. Applying it to the PPF makes the car super easy to keep clean, and on the wheels I get zero brake dust.

I have a quote to do the same for my soon to arrive HTC C8 for about $9k ($6.5K for paint correction and PPF and $2700 for all C'Quartz) for the C8 all in but Suntek rather than Xpel. I think Tadge might approve, if not feel it is a Tadge bit overkill

Comment

Originally posted by OT997tt View Post
                    On my 570s I had my detailer first do complete paint correction as needed (car delivered from dealership without dealer touching the car), then apply PPF on fully detailed corrected paint (Xpel Ultimate), followed by C'quartz pro ceramic coating on all body, wheels (off) and brakes. Then I had C'quartz applied to interior leather, door jambs, etc. The ceramic coating never gets applied to the actual clear coat. Applying it to the PPF makes the car super easy to keep clean, and on the wheels I get zero brake dust.

I have a quote to do the same for my soon to arrive HTC C8 for about $9k ($6.5K for paint correction and PPF and $2700 for all C'Quartz) for the C8 all in but Suntek rather than Xpel. I think Tadge might approve, if not feel it is a Tadge bit overkill
                    The Ceramic Pro Kavaka (PPF) has the ceramic on it already. My guy also did paint correction first. I couldn't afford to PPF the whole car, but I did get the Ceramic on everything including the wheels.
                    Truthfully though the paint on the car was amazing and I don't think it needed much correction if any.
                    Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                    2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
                    Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
                    3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X