MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today With Keith Cornett: Latest Corvette News

Even though we're into the holiday season, there's still a lot of Corvette news! https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...-en2b43 Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com fill you in on what's going on.  Here are a few of the headlines discussed in this episode of CORVETTE TODAY:
1.  First pictures of the new right-hand-drive C8 Corvette headed to Japan
2. Lawsuit with GM about cracked Corvette Grand Sport wheels has been dismissed
3. C8 Corvette named to Car & Driver’s annual “10 Best” list for 2nd year in a row.
4. 2020 C8 Corvette goes on sale in the Middle East
5. Final production stats for the 2020 C8 announced
6. Nick Tandy to replace Oliver Gavin on Corvette Racing Team
7. Chevrolet celebrates IMSA championships with new commercial
8. The ’63 Split Window makes Hagerty’s list of coupes worth more than their convertible siblings
9. Procharger teases of a supercharged C8 Corvette
10. OnStar thwarts the theft of a 2020 C8 Corvette
Happy Holidays!
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Front grille protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front grille protection

Another option for protecting front grills. Think i might give this a try. Black is $75 and colors (red,orange, blue grey, yellow) are $83.
    What do forum members think about this option?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaUTtEI6Glo
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 2021articspeed; 11-22-2020, 10:48 AM.

Testing 700 miles in 90 degree weather is good but IMO far from sufficient. Was any of it in stop and go? In other conditions really challenging to the car’s cooling system?

When we first picked up our C7 Z06 at the Museum and were driving home cross country we endured 3 hours of stop in go just below 100 degrees trapped on an interstate. No overheating then but the water temp got iffy.

Not saying it is a no go but that it has not been sufficiently tested IMO.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
      Testing 700 miles in 90 degree weather is good but IMO far from sufficient. Was any of it in stop and go? In other conditions really challenging to the car’s cooling system?

When we First picked up our C7 Z06 at the Museum and were driving home cross country we endured 3 hours of stop in go just below 100% trapped on an interstate. No overheating then but the water temp got iffy.

Not saying it is a no go but that it has not been sufficiently tested IMO.

They have tested them...also more testing than I've seen on any other screen options. They can also be removed in 10-15 minutes if needed.
      Not saying they are the best option, but for $75 they might be worth a try. Compared to the higher prices options that might also cause flow restrictions these are easily removable and replaceable...during track track events.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0SwOqr_YyI
      Last edited by 2021articspeed; 11-22-2020, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Go for them. I hope they work for you.

As far as testing more than other screen options, the C8Vettepartsonline grilles were tested by several folks in different parts of the country in far more rigorous conditions.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
          Go for them. I hope they work for you.

As far as testing more than other screen options, the C8Vettepartsonline grilles were tested by several folks in different parts of the country in far more rigorous conditions.
          i haven't seen any result in those testing...any results you can provide in temp differences? Just having people install a product and say the car doesn't overheat isnt testing results. Do C8Vettepartsonline grilles or other grille options increase radiator temps by .00001 or 3 degrees?
          Last edited by 2021articspeed; 11-22-2020, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Contact the manufacturer or check for his posts here as a vendor.

Comment

That's restricting a lot of airflow and I wouldn't do anything like that on any car. Air will take the path of least resistance and most will push off the side of that, instead of going thru it. A mesh grill of almost any style has many openings and won't have that restriction or effect on airflow.

Comment

Cooling a mid engine is much more difficult than a front engine car.

Comment

Originally posted by A10Beav View Post
                  That's restricting a lot of airflow and I wouldn't do anything like that on any car. Air will take the path of least resistance and most will push off the side of that, instead of going thru it. A mesh grill of almost any style has many openings and won't have that restriction or effect on airflow.
                  I'll try it but im a year away from delivery for my 2021 C8. To me this looks just like an old fiberglass furnace filter that arent recommended anymore because they down filter enough air.

pic showing screen that you can see through. its not a solid panel and fits against radiator. so airflow is already past the radiator surround that funnels air to radiators.

Attached Files

Comment

Well, it looks promising, but it will still get splattered with bugs, maybe even trap them. So then what? Cleaning it somehow without forcing the bug residue into the material itself will be tough. Will follow the progress, but I'm not sold on it.

Comment

Originally posted by 2021articspeed View Post

I'll try it but im a year away from delivery for my 2021 C8. To me this looks just like an old fiberglass furnace filter that arent recommended anymore because they down filter enough air.

pic showing screen that you can see through. its not a solid panel and fits against radiator. so airflow is already past the radiator surround that funnels air to radiators.

Curious if you have any relationship with this vendor? You joined the forum in Nov 2020, almost all posts about this product, and it appears to an outsider like you are pushing this product. Not trying to be disparaging but looking for full disclosure.

Comment

Originally posted by 2021articspeed View Post

Thought the same thing when I saw it

Comment

I saw these. Looks to me to be way to restrictive. I ordered mesh grill inserts that go behind the factory grill.

Comment

I ordered the C8Vettepartsonline version earlier today.

Comment

FULL DISCLOSURE: I have absolutely zero affiliation with C8vettepartsonline.

I bought his grille inserts and they were put on the car with 14 miles on it. As of this morning, I have have 1348 miles. I, too, looked at those mesh inserts and decided against them. Sure, they’re going to keep out dust, but some rocks will still carry enough inertia to penetrate soft material and make it to the cooling fins.

I don’t always buy the most expensive things but I do buy quality​​​​​. I’m glad I didn’t spend money on something of lesser value only to find out later I should have spent more. I will never have my car on the track but I have done some spirited driving on the twisty roads we have in the Sierra Mountains. After shutting the car off and hearing the fans continue to run on the Z51 package, I have yet to see temps even get close to being a concern. If you do track your car, put these on with zip ties, run it hard on the track, then if temps are bad you clip the zip.

If you divide the price by the four pieces you get, is it really that expensive to give your car, of which didn’t cost $2.95, extra protection with aluminum grille inserts? For me, it wasn’t.

Below are pics I took just prior to writing on this thread.

Click image for larger version  Name:	6C803255-B8B1-41F7-B22A-14E8703BE9AD.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.59 MB ID:	210241
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	E089C18E-48BE-4168-B40B-918ADF062DF7.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.05 MB ID:	210245
                              Last edited by AllIn767; 11-22-2020, 01:10 PM. Reason: Better pic of driver side
                              Blade Silver, Z51 black/red two tone seats, 3LT, red seat belts, Black trident wheels, red engine cover, front lift, lighted sill plates, 3000 March 2020; 3300 TPW August 17th as of July 31st. Born August 13th, 2020. As of August 27th it’s at the dealership!😁 Now for the LPO’s...Delivered September 8th 2020👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X