MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Special Tadge Juechter On Corvette Today Podcast Now

Steve Garrett has the honor of talking to Corvette's Executive Chief Engineer, Tadge Juechter on CORVETTE TODAY!  https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...60a01_h0PwqXjw

Tadge talks about how he started working at GM, what his first job was for the company, his path to success and how he attained his current position. Then Steve and Tadge trace his time with the C4, C5 and C6.  You'll learn how the C7 almost became the mid-engine Corvette!  Tadge talks about how the true mid-engine car we know today was being developed while the C7 was coming to market! Next Tadge takes a deep dive into the development and product launch of the current C8 Corvette. He talks about how the Corvette team attained the buy-in for GM executives to build the car, the research and architecture of the C8 and the future of this mid-engine marvel.

Tell your friends, stop what you're doing right now and check out this outstanding episode of CORVETTE TODAY with Executive Chief Engineer, Tadge Juechter!

https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett (listen to all CORVETTE TODAY podcasts)

CorvetteToday.ck.page (sign up for email updates here)
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Top Speed you’ve Gone in your C8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Speed you’ve Gone in your C8

, , , , , , , , , , 136
    Last edited by majic1980; Yesterday, 07:34 AM.

70, but that was only in second gear. I'm not going to incriminate myself. I always obey the speed limit

Comment

Like capevettes, I comply with all laws, rules and regulations. I cannot confirm any speed I've gone in my C8.

Comment

55, what can I say
        Torch red 1LT, no options. Built June 4, received July 2

Comment

......156 mph......
          My C8:
          '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020 (COVID-19); Delivery July 1, 2020

Current Vettes:
          '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
          '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
          '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

The fastest I’ve ever driven was 120, in my 1973 Caprice Classic with a 350 small block engine and turbo 400 transmission and it scared the bejesus of me 😀
            "07/01/20 Placed deposit on 2021 C8 Coupe: 08/01/20 Preliminary order placed in GM Workbench: 2LT: G9F: FE2: NPP: VST: VDK: R8C"

Comment

Originally posted by Mobius View Post
              ......156 mph......
              Good to see a C8 owner with some 🎾’s to post an actual speed number. Of course we BOTH achieved our Top Speed on a private road 👍

Comment

At Spring Mountain over 100 MPH. Will not state how fast we “had to go” when there was an opening on a straight on a two lane country road after we were stuck behind a motor home for several miles.

We did go 135 MPH in our C5 on I-94 in Montana in the 1990’s when the speed limit then during daylight hours was “reasonable and prudent.” From the end float got scary at that speed and immediately backed it down.
                GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

0.00...so far... so far.

Comment

Originally posted by majic1980 View Post
                    Of course we BOTH achieved our Top Speed on a private road 👍
                    In “Mexico”.

Comment

I love the two YT’s with their Canadian (delightful) accents, who are always stressing that “this video was made in Mexico.”
                      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer View Post
                        Like capevettes, I comply with all laws, rules and regulations. I cannot confirm any speed I've gone in my C8.
                        Can we please see your PDR , hahahahaha

Comment

.....in the c8 I rented?......150mph
                          .....in my newly purchased C8?.....82mph
                          STILL NEED TO BREAK HER IN!

Comment

71 mph and I got a ticket for that. (actually wrote me up for only 6 mph over) First speeding ticket in 40 years
                            In other cars, 156 in a Maserati Quattroporte.
                            C8 Coupe, Zeus Bronze, 3LT, TU7, HUE, GUI, CF7, EFY, EYK, J6N, NPP, E60, STI, VQK

Comment

Originally posted by jagtoes View Post
                              Can we please see your PDR , hahahahaha
                              Good point. I got it set as a dash cam so it gets every second of my drives. Maybe I could post an edited version but I don't know how to do that. Am I correct that it would need to be loaded to you-tube and then posted?

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X