MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Special Tadge Juechter On Corvette Today Podcast Now

Steve Garrett has the honor of talking to Corvette's Executive Chief Engineer, Tadge Juechter on CORVETTE TODAY!  https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...60a01_h0PwqXjw

Tadge talks about how he started working at GM, what his first job was for the company, his path to success and how he attained his current position. Then Steve and Tadge trace his time with the C4, C5 and C6.  You'll learn how the C7 almost became the mid-engine Corvette!  Tadge talks about how the true mid-engine car we know today was being developed while the C7 was coming to market! Next Tadge takes a deep dive into the development and product launch of the current C8 Corvette. He talks about how the Corvette team attained the buy-in for GM executives to build the car, the research and architecture of the C8 and the future of this mid-engine marvel.

Tell your friends, stop what you're doing right now and check out this outstanding episode of CORVETTE TODAY with Executive Chief Engineer, Tadge Juechter!

https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett (listen to all CORVETTE TODAY podcasts)

CorvetteToday.ck.page (sign up for email updates here)
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

My C-8 Vert with Ground Effects High Wing Spoiler and Splash Guards.Was it worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My C-8 Vert with Ground Effects High Wing Spoiler and Splash Guards.Was it worth it?

​​ ​​ My son an I took my C8 Vert. back up to Santa Barbara to have the great folks at Bunnin Chevrolet and Cadillac install the factory Painted Black Flash High Wing Spoiler and full ground effects along with the black splash guards... Since I had not seen any C-8's in person with those factory packages I was really not certain how they would look.. I figured if I did not like them I could put back on the old items of the Z51 rear spoiler, front spoiler and the black side skirt extension that came on the car as part of my order. However, I certainly had my fingers crossed that I did not waste my money on these items.

For me personally, I felt that although GM hit the ball out of the park with the new C-8, I feel that the front ****/spoiler and extended side panel that came in a matte black or semi carbon looked cheap and plastic. I do not believe those items do this magnificent car justice. I had ordered the extra parts with the car but due to the lack of product availability the products were on back order, thus not installed when We first picked up the car.

Bunnin was kind enough to provide us a car to drive around in as it would take about 6 - 8 hours to perform all the installs including putting on some center caps on the wheels.. Santa Barbara is a great place to spend the day hangin out, have brunch on the beach, walk around State Street, Get foot massages, etc... Although my son and I were super excited to see the finished product, the time spent hangin out in S.B. went by in a blink of an eye.. Admittedly, we drove back to the dealership several times to watch the progress being made by Beto, the wonderfully skilled installer. He treated my car like it was his own or better..

The final verdict of adding the Carbon Flash painted ground effects and Spoiler, etc.... Was the cost worth it????? OH HECK YEAH..Let me repeat..HECK YEAH!!! Now that I have seen the finished product the value of these extra items is a no brainer for me. As beautiful as the car was before the install these features really set off the magnificent lines of the C-8, especially since I love as much contrast of gloss black with the Arctic white paint... To me, the difference is night and day as it applies to the before an after look of the car once these items were added... This car is now looks and feels complete. As a note, the weight of these extras is almost nothing. When I picked up the pieces out of the box I was shocked at how little they weighed. Almost Literally, light as a feather.

On thing I have noticed is for some reason, pictures do not do justice to the in person beauty of this car. I am not sure why but it is what it is.. Hopefully, the pictures below will help others with their making decisions on these expensive but magnificent additional features... I added some large versions of the smaller pictures to help those who want to get more of a close up of the detailing of these additions.. In short, I am so glad I added these items to this already amazing vehicle... I LOVE THIS CAR.

P.S. Yes, the car is dirty.. I was asked not to wash the car for 3 or 4 days after the install just to make sure the adhesives are all set... Since I had not washed the car since I picked it up, the car is ready for a hand wash and wax...The great thing about white cars is that the dirt really does not show up as badly as on darker cars..

​​ ​​ ​​ ​​ ​​ ​​
    1969 Vette Convertible Race car
    2015 Convertible Z51
    2020 Convertible Z51. It is here and it is amazing.

fishordie, we are so glad you feel it was so worth it. That’s all that counts that you are the happiest camper. Might we please get some pictures later after you wash it?
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
    Working...
    X