MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Special Tadge Juechter On Corvette Today Podcast Now

Steve Garrett has the honor of talking to Corvette's Executive Chief Engineer, Tadge Juechter on CORVETTE TODAY!  https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...60a01_h0PwqXjw

Tadge talks about how he started working at GM, what his first job was for the company, his path to success and how he attained his current position. Then Steve and Tadge trace his time with the C4, C5 and C6.  You'll learn how the C7 almost became the mid-engine Corvette!  Tadge talks about how the true mid-engine car we know today was being developed while the C7 was coming to market! Next Tadge takes a deep dive into the development and product launch of the current C8 Corvette. He talks about how the Corvette team attained the buy-in for GM executives to build the car, the research and architecture of the C8 and the future of this mid-engine marvel.

Tell your friends, stop what you're doing right now and check out this outstanding episode of CORVETTE TODAY with Executive Chief Engineer, Tadge Juechter!

https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett (listen to all CORVETTE TODAY podcasts)

CorvetteToday.ck.page (sign up for email updates here)
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

I am sorry to that Silver C7 in Carlton Oregon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am sorry to that Silver C7 in Carlton Oregon

Let me start by saying today was a great day for a drive. Portland Oregon was sunny (mostly) and no rain so my wife and I hit the road at 10:00am for a 295 mile drive that she mapped out for us. Mind you, I was 407 miles this morning, so looking soooo forward to that 500 mile mark. The temperature at departure was a cool 38, but the sun was up. We headed south out the backroads for a sporty drive. Out through Estacada, Molalla, Silverton, back through the Capital city of Salem and out west through Dallas, up to McMinnville and headed to Carlton Oregon. This is where the "I'm sorry happened" . We were slowly going through downtown Carlton, which is very nice small town and saw a Silver C7 with the owner just starting up. He blipped the throttle so I had to the same as we rolled by. We headed out of town with the C7 just behind us. This is a back country 2 lane road with little traffic. As we passed the 55 mph sign my wife smiled at me and said "well", so I proceeded to plant my foot to the floor, now well over the 500 mark , off we went and WOW was it fun. I looked in the rearview to see the C7 behind us doing the same. We hit the century mark in no time and I lifted and started slowing down. That's when it happened, a local police officer was heading towards us as we rolled past at 70. As we approached the next town we slowed down to 40 then 30 and then to posted speed limit of 25 and as I looked back that's when I saw the local officer coming up and flashing the lights at the C7. As I saw them pull over I continued through town and saw no other police and then I started to feel terrible about what happened to that guy. If you are "that guy" I hope you did not get a ticket. I am sorry.
    2020 LBR HTC 2LT Z51 Magnetic ride, NPP Exhuast, 2 tone natural/black interior, high wing spoiler, Black Trident wheels, Carbon flash full length Ordered 2/15/2020 Built 9/11/2020 Shipped 10/7/202 Arrived 11/2/2020 In the garage

Everyone of us has at one time or another deserved a speeding ticket. Or more than one. Glad you escaped today. Hopefully the silver C7 did likewise.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Well on the liter side I did do 1 0-60. Tire temp Cool, outside temp 41. Did not do launch mode so was at 5500 rpm. Got some wheel spin but got a good 3.6
      2020 LBR HTC 2LT Z51 Magnetic ride, NPP Exhuast, 2 tone natural/black interior, high wing spoiler, Black Trident wheels, Carbon flash full length Ordered 2/15/2020 Built 9/11/2020 Shipped 10/7/202 Arrived 11/2/2020 In the garage

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
      Working...
      X