MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Special Tadge Juechter On Corvette Today Podcast Now

Steve Garrett has the honor of talking to Corvette's Executive Chief Engineer, Tadge Juechter on CORVETTE TODAY!  https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...60a01_h0PwqXjw

Tadge talks about how he started working at GM, what his first job was for the company, his path to success and how he attained his current position. Then Steve and Tadge trace his time with the C4, C5 and C6.  You'll learn how the C7 almost became the mid-engine Corvette!  Tadge talks about how the true mid-engine car we know today was being developed while the C7 was coming to market! Next Tadge takes a deep dive into the development and product launch of the current C8 Corvette. He talks about how the Corvette team attained the buy-in for GM executives to build the car, the research and architecture of the C8 and the future of this mid-engine marvel.

Tell your friends, stop what you're doing right now and check out this outstanding episode of CORVETTE TODAY with Executive Chief Engineer, Tadge Juechter!

https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett (listen to all CORVETTE TODAY podcasts)

CorvetteToday.ck.page (sign up for email updates here)
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

XPEL track package and Prime Plus Window tint completed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XPEL track package and Prime Plus Window tint completed

AutoPaintGuard of Tampa did an amazing job. As others have stated the key to a great PPF install is the installer. I can’t say enough about Ryan Burroughs and the team at APG. If you are in the Tampa bay area and interested in PPF, Paint Correction or coatings I would highly recommend APG ://www.autopaintguard.com/.
    Attached Files

did you have the whole car done and how much did you pay?

Comment

Used Auto Paint Guard for my 2006, 2017, and current 2019 Vettes, and can't say enough about the quality of their work. Will hopefully have my 2021 in hand by next March (thanks Mike Furman!) to bring back to them for PPF and tint.
      2019 Z06 Convertible (Ceramic Matrix Gray, 2LZ, 7M, R8C)

Gone, but not forgotten. . .
      2017 Grand Sport Coupe (Admiral Blue, 2LT, 7M)
      2006 Convertible (Lemans Blue, 2LZ, MN6, R8C)
      2003 Coupe (Medium Spiral Gray, 1SB, MN6)

Comment

Originally posted by g8r-vette View Post
        Used Auto Paint Guard for my 2006, 2017, and current 2019 Vettes, and can't say enough about the quality of their work. Will hopefully have my 2021 in hand by next March (thanks Mike Furman!) to bring back to them for PPF and tint.
        Same question as above essentially--what's a fair price for something like this?
        2021 Z51 2LT Coupe in Sebring Orange with Saddle Tan GT2 interior. Dual roof package (body color and glass), front lift, magnetic ride, yellow calipers, tan belts, carbon flash wheels, R8C delivery.

Comment

If the work involves even a small amount of paint correction/polishing it is not possible for anyone to give a “fair price” without seeing the car up close in personal. Sorry. I have seen C8’s that needed no paint correction at all, though mine needed days and days. Of course mine was/is black — and the darker the color the more work one would want done to it to get it to the same visual appearance.
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
            If the work involves even a small amount of paint correction/polishing it is not possible for anyone to give a “fair price” without seeing the car up close in personal. Sorry. I have seen C8’s that needed no paint correction at all, though mine needed days and days. Of course mine was/is black — and the darker the color the more work one would want done to it to get it to the same visual appearance.
            Thanks John. That’s what I’m looking for. Reached out to someone local and got a 6K quote and thought that was a bit steep. Think I’d settle for the front end treatment and rockers for that kind of price.
            2021 Z51 2LT Coupe in Sebring Orange with Saddle Tan GT2 interior. Dual roof package (body color and glass), front lift, magnetic ride, yellow calipers, tan belts, carbon flash wheels, R8C delivery.

Comment

I would, and just contracted for, ur daily driver we are getting the end of this week (we hope), the headlights, front of door mirrors, front fascia, all of the hood and all of the front fenders. And have splash guards on from second one.

Getting your rockers done is a smart idea if it fits in your budget.
              GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptGoFast View Post

Same question as above essentially--what's a fair price for something like this?

For my 2019 Z06, they put SunTek Ultra ppf on the front end and mirrors in April 2019, and it ran just over $700. For the 2021 I plan to go with the Track Package, which covers substantially more, but I haven't gotten a price for it yet (will wait for the car to show up).
                2019 Z06 Convertible (Ceramic Matrix Gray, 2LZ, 7M, R8C)

Gone, but not forgotten. . .
                2017 Grand Sport Coupe (Admiral Blue, 2LT, 7M)
                2006 Convertible (Lemans Blue, 2LZ, MN6, R8C)
                2003 Coupe (Medium Spiral Gray, 1SB, MN6)

Comment

I was quoted a price for 10mm Xpel for about $1700 or less. This was the full front and sides.

Comment

Originally posted by g8r-vette View Post

For my 2019 Z06, they put SunTek Ultra ppf on the front end and mirrors in April 2019, and it ran just over $700. For the 2021 I plan to go with the Track Package, which covers substantially more, but I haven't gotten a price for it yet (will wait for the car to show up).
                    Now that’s a price I can support. The coating you had done to your Z06 was clear? Were you satisfied with the quality of the product (transparency, luster matched the paint, etc)?

Comment

Costs vary by region but this is one service where the lowest bidder may not be the best option. Track Package ran $3000 including optional door sills. Window Tint $200.

Track Package included :
                      Full Front Including Mirrors, A pillars, Lower Doors, Rockers, Door Blades, I also had the painted portions of the doors sills done.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X