Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Welcome To C8Grill Our New Featured Vendor

We are glad to have a wonderful new vendor @ https://c8grills.com/. If you met up with at their place, free installation. And still a secret, sssh, but they are working on another new product that I believe many of you would want coming out fairly soon. WELCOME C8GRILL!
2 of 3 < >

We have started a monthly PHOTO OF THE MONTH CONTEST WITH PRIZE MONEY!

3 of 3 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Lost All Audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost All Audio

Picked up my C8 on Thursday, put about 50 miles on it driving home (went the long way home, the very long way). Drove around town on Friday, put another 40 miles on it. Went to take it out today (Saturday) for a spin. No audio; no chimes, no SiriusXM, no music from my iPhone, no directional (blinker) sounds, no turn-by-turn navigation, nothing. Anything that makes a sound in the car (except the engine) has gone silent. Looked through all the Settings, didn’t see anything resembling Mute All Sounds. Guess she’s going back to the dealer on Monday!
    Last edited by BIG Dave; 11-21-2020, 08:39 PM.
    Current: 2020 C8 Z51 3LT Torch Red

Previous: 1992 C4, 1995 C4 2002 C5, 2005 C6, 2010 C6, 2014 C7 Z51

Very strange and the first time we heard that one. Sorry about that Dave.
    Looking forward to our ME arriving.

Comment

There is, I think, a "reset to factory settings," or something similar to that. Might be worth trying that.
      SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
      >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
        There is, I think, a "reset to factory settings," or something similar to that. Might be worth trying that.
        I tried that. Didn’t help. I’m wondering if a connector or wiring harness became unplugged somewhere. Looks like the dealer will have to figure it out.
        Current: 2020 C8 Z51 3LT Torch Red

Previous: 1992 C4, 1995 C4 2002 C5, 2005 C6, 2010 C6, 2014 C7 Z51

Comment

Wow sorry to hear this. Can’t wait to hear the result.
          2017 TR GS 2LT

Comment

Originally posted by BIG Dave View Post
            Looks like the dealer will have to figure it out.
            Since you got till Mon to take it in, I'd see what happens one more time on a start tomorrow. Otherwise, "Looks like the dealer will have to figure it out".
            Last edited by Boomer; 11-21-2020, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Sounds like a "global reset" is in order.
              2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
              Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
              2LT, Z51 + MRC
              Spectra Grey Tridents
              Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler

I'm a Rat and so is my car! (a reference to the Chinese astrological calendar).

Comment

Remove both terminals from the battery. Touch them together for a few seconds and then put them back on the battery.

Comment

Originally posted by jagtoes View Post
                  Remove both terminals from the battery. Touch them together for a few seconds and then put them back on the battery.
                  Nah. Its under warranty. Take it to the dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer View Post

Nah. Its under warranty. Take it to the dealer.
                    SO he can "Remove both terminals from the battery. Touch them together for a few seconds and then put them back on the battery."
                    Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                    2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
                    Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
                    3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

Originally posted by Murray20c8 View Post

SO he can "Remove both terminals from the battery. Touch them together for a few seconds and then put them back on the battery."
                      That assumes it will solve the problem forever and its not something like "a connector or wiring harness (that) became unplugged somewhere" like OP speculates. Also, getting to those battery terminals is a bit of a chore with the plastic cover plates involved in addition to the disconnect/reconnect chore. I wouldn't mess with it.
                      Last edited by Boomer; 11-22-2020, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer View Post

That assumes it will solve the problem forever and its not something like "a connector or wiring harness (that) became unplugged somewhere" like OP speculates. Also, getting to those battery terminals is a bit of a chore with the plastic cover plates involved. I wouldn't mess with it.
                        I agree. It's an absolute long shot but if I was willing to do the work I think I'd try it once.
                        I just hate going to the dealer and have to sit around waiting or leaving it there dreading some clown will back into it.

Edit: After I checked all the fuses of course.
                        Last edited by Murray20c8; 11-22-2020, 09:47 AM.
                        Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                        2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
                        Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
                        3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

Take it to the dealer, that's what your 3/36 warranty is for.

Comment

Originally posted by Murray20c8 View Post

Even if that's all he does, it'll go to GM as a warranty claim, and tell GM there's a potential problem.

If people don't go to dealers with their problems, GM won't know they're happening.
                            SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                            >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

Even if that's all he does, it'll go to GM as a warranty claim, and tell GM there's a potential problem.

If people don't go to dealers with their problems, GM won't know they're happening.
                              Thats a good point meyerweb that I had not thought of. If we try to DIY with issues we face we're really not doing anybody a favor.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X