Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Harlan Charles answers YOUR forum questions about Corvette on the CORVETTE TODAY podcast!

Corvette Product Manager, Harlan Charles returns to tCORVETTE TODAY! Your host, Steve Garrett, polled forum readers. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...orvette-er100d
You'll find out interesting answers to questions like:
1. What are cold weather driving limitations for the C8 Corvette, if any?
2. Will 2021 C8 Corvette owners receive a "thank you" Corvette model gift too?
3. What are the differences between a Z51 and non-Z51 Corvette for street use.
4. How does the Corvette Team go about selecting colors for new Corvettes?
5. What was Harlan's favorite item that didn't make it to the C8?
2 of 4 < >

Last Chance: Enter And Vote February Photo Of The Month Contest

Tomorrow (Sunday) night at 9:00 PST the entering/voting closes on the February POTM contest. Thank you. https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-theme-yum-yum
3 of 4 < >

Harlan Answers Forum Questions @ 12:00:01 AM Monday On Corvette Today Podcast

Harlan Charles answers forum questions Monday @ 12:00:01 AM on Corvette Nation Podcast. Here’s the submitted questions: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-today-podcast
See more
See less

Do I NEED 2LT (rear view camera, blind spot and anti-theft)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JB
    replied
    Fkr kicks i was parallel oarking yesterday in one quick back in and when I got out I was admiring the car and noticed this oarking job...I laughed and coincidently took a photo and I just remembered typing the previous post so I downloaded it to my ipad so I could post it here..

not bad right?

Ive been parallel parking in manhattan streets for years, Click image for larger version

Name:	984E3C3B-4EC3-4C67-AC10-1D325B5D32D7.jpeg
Views:	53
Size:	2.95 MB
ID:	218314

holly **** ...not too shabby...lol

Leave a comment:

• JB
    replied
    Originally posted by Phil1098 View Post
    I must be missing something, I have driven for 45 years with full situational awareness and never had a problem. If I see a blue pickup truck closing on me and it's in the fast lane, when I don't see it for a split second after it has passed through the side view mirror, I make the assumption it is now at drivers rear wheel and not that the hand of God picked it up and carried it away. Honestly, you're driving 3,500+ pounds of machine traveling over 88 feet per second (most times), stay in the game and pay attention to what you're doing. It also helps if you simply take the time to adjust the mirrors they provided. When correctly adjusted there is no blind spot. It's why the passenger stalk is a different length than the drivers side, yes they put that much effort into it.
    totally agree..

luxury features are just that ...luxury items..

if you want them..pay the money and buy them and help out the corvette marketing team so they can continue to offer up 1LT and 1LZ (z06 ) trim.

At several decades driving myself and having all these luxury features in my better halfs cuvs...when I buy my sports cars...i tend to chuckle and not bother with heated seats and steering wheels and info tainment blah blah blah...my clothes cant tell the difference between mulan and whatever the higher grade leather is.

every man and woman needs to decide what they want and supposedly “needs”

do us all a favor and open your wallet as wide as you see fit...

keeps the corvette marketing team to offer a 1LT for those of us who still power windows, power door locks, power seats, telescoping steering wheels are luxury features that come standard...abs, antilock brakes, traction control and active handling, 495 hp dct , e diff, mrc shocks, additional coolers are where our daily driver desires often are...

massaging seats and a heated steering wheel are not on my personal hit parade...

if its on yours then by all means order up although the massaging seats are not available on corvette...you have to do another brand...

for a couple of hours ....first time in the car you need to remember to use your mirrors...then it becomes second nature.. the back up camera is good for parking.

Leave a comment:

• jagtoes
    replied
    I think the camera is great but unfortunately I can't use it yet. My progressive lenses along with my seating position makes the mirror blurry. That being the case the normal mirror along with the side mirrors do just as well and if I need the camera for any reason it's there. Also being an HTC I would be having the roof up most of the time so I'll live without it. Funny thing is the view out the back reminds me of the same view on my old 308 GTB

Leave a comment:

• hogyld
    replied
    Since being 16 years old, my Father taught me to always use the fullest extent of my mirrors. If you can sit comfortably in your car without moving yourself a little bit forward to look in side view mirrors, then they’re set incorrectly.

Setting my mirrors this way has prevented a collision and saved my buttocks on many occasions.

To expound further:

https://www.nhtsa.gov/sites/nhtsa.do...rrormethod.pdf

https://seniordriving.aaa.com/improv...-your-mirrors/

https://www.aarp.org/auto/driver-saf...ind-spots.html

https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...d-blind-spots/

https://www.drive-safely.net/car-mirrors/

Leave a comment:

• meyerweb
    replied
    Originally posted by MrBluster View Post
    Although this thread has been beaten to death, I have a couple of questions that need answers. I had Lasik surgery years ago and use reading glasses. I can't focus on the rearview camera without reading glasses. With readers it is great, but without-awful. The second item is that the lights of cars behind me look "fuzzy" or blurred, but the rest of the photo is in great focus. Does anyone have experience with these two issues?
    The lights are so bright they're overloading the imaging system. Have you tried turning down the brightness on the screen?

Leave a comment:

• jagtoes
    replied
    It's funny as I just picked up my HTC and when I first turned on the camera mirror it was a weird view. I have progressive lenses and the way I sit makes me have to look up to see a clear view. So far not used to it so am using the normal mirror setting which works out fine for me. I'll have to explore how to make it work and if it doesn't the the standard mirror is ok.

Leave a comment:

• AllIn767
    replied
    Originally posted by MrBluster View Post
    Although this thread has been beaten to death, I have a couple of questions that need answers. I had Lasik surgery years ago and use reading glasses. I can't focus on the rearview camera without reading glasses. With readers it is great, but without-awful. The second item is that the lights of cars behind me look "fuzzy" or blurred, but the rest of the photo is in great focus. Does anyone have experience with these two issues?
    I have progressive lenses....no fuzz. If I didn’t wear them then yes, the rearview would be fuzzy. The driver information center would be fuzzy as well. The thing with progressives is I am able to get a wide range of lens capability for the various lengths of vision.

Leave a comment:

• brAnd7onX
    replied
    I never thought I would use a lot of the 2LT features (I got 2LT for the 2-tone red interior and GT2 seats) and my favorite features by far are HUD and heated seats/steering wheel. When I remote start the car my car is fully warmed up on the inside when I get in and it feels amazing.

Leave a comment:

• MrBluster
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JB
    replied
    I have 2020 c8 z51 fe4 1LT and to be honest in my opinion i dont need the 2LT options. I have the car for 10 weeks 2500 miles and im enjoying daily driving this thing. We do have a back up camera in the 1LT which is nice. We have two side mirrors and a rearview mirror. Yes Im old school and drove convertibles back in the 1970s and on that had those old clouded plastic convertible windows and just a drivers side mirror. I drive at least 12k miles a year for over 44 years. Drive in manhattan for decades and have a beautoful 1800 square foot luxury apartment in manhattan and a house 20 minutes north of manhattan on a small lake.

My previous new corvettes had many of the features of the current 2LT and after six months I pretty much didnt even remember half the time I had them.

thankfully many corvette buyers buy the 2 and 3 lt options and are quite satisfied with their choices that the corvette team offers 1,2 and 3 lt options so we all have a choice.

i dont have the front end lift and have three new 10 mph speed tables on my block that required my stock c6 to come to a 2 mph roll to get over..my c8 z51 with mrc goes over at 10 mph without a scrape or a problem. I do not need in any of my 2500 miles have a need for the e60 front end lift kit. I never scrape.

i hope my insights are helpful for the original poster. For those that ordered the higher optioned interior and luxury features on their corvettes all i can say is thank you and thank you to corvette marketing team for allowing me to order the corvette the way i wanted.

this car is fabulous. Just so much fun. I cant stop smiling and this is my fourth new corvette. I doubt Ill keep this one for as long as my last corvette where I drove it for 13 years and 143k miles.

the c7 was fabulous but not different enough for me so I waited for the c8. Certainly worth the wait and quite a different sports car. I love this thing.

everyday this car puts a smile on my face...

i hope you option your corvette so you too smile everyday.

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    As you know, you can get exactly where you want now except for your desired tires.Yes that would be nice, and sorry that will never happen from the factory. The short answer, and there are many contributing components to it, is that if GM were to put out a car the way you want, its’ 0-60 and other times would be slower. Just a half second or so to 60 MPH, but slower. Then the trade mags and YT video would jump on a “going-backwards, slower C8.”

Then there are the stability, liability and other partial answers.

It is left to us to create what you are wanting.

Many of us are instead celebrating that for the C8, for the first time ever, we can nicely get A/S’s from the factory — and extremely high quality ones at that. Others are getting a second set of wheels, substituting tires, etc. Sorry but not directly from BGA.

Leave a comment:

• ajfzk
    replied
    Wouldn't it be nice if we could get the Z51/ Magride suspension including the PS4S tires on a non Z51 car.
    Last edited by ajfzk; 12-04-2020, 04:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Denizen
    replied
    Originally posted by WillRockwell View Post

Yesterday I pulled 1G in a turn with the all weather tires, they started to chirp but stuck. I'm not sure how often you all pull 1G on the street, it's pretty extreme.
    I don't want to encourage or endorse driving irresponsibly. I only go quickly where I deem it safe to do so, for others as well as myself.

Having said that, on a certain winding road the PDR showed turn after turn reaching or exceeding 1G.

Peak Gs of 1.2 and 1.3 and not a peep from the Michelin 4Ss.

I agree that is not common daily usage but what I'm trying to get across is the extra performance available with Z51 components.

When both of us are driving the same road, same day and your tires are squealing at their limit mine are casually working well within their limits and have more in hand should a surprise appear just around the next corner.

And should any of us get a little over exuberant and maybe get into a corner a little too hot, then we will be able to come out the other side and not be calling a tow truck.

Even if you never use that safety net it's nice to have it there, just like an insurance policy. I don't settle for $2000 in life insurance for a dollar a month, I buy a million.

I hopefully will never need it but having it there will make a difference to my family.

And the tires make difference to me.

I will post the screen shot from where the deer surprised me. 1.3. All Seasons are not doing that on their best day.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2162deer.png
Views:	195
Size:	3.25 MB
ID:	214246

Leave a comment:

• WillRockwell
    replied
    Originally posted by Gunz View Post
    Combining the camera mirror with the side mirrors allows me to completely eliminate blind spots. The side traffic alert and rear cross traffic alert are also “must have” safety features. Get the 2LT!
    For less experienced drivers or those who prefer the added safety of additional technology, the enhanced safety features should indeed be considered "must have".

Leave a comment:

• WillRockwell
    replied
    Originally posted by Denizen View Post

Everyday on the street I feel the benefit of the stickier tires that come with the Z51 package.

Yesterday I pulled 1G in a turn with the all weather tires, they started to chirp but stuck. I'm not sure how often you all pull 1G on the street, it's pretty extreme.

Leave a comment:

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
Working...
X