MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Special Tadge Juechter On Corvette Today Podcast Now

Steve Garrett has the honor of talking to Corvette's Executive Chief Engineer, Tadge Juechter on CORVETTE TODAY!  https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...60a01_h0PwqXjw

Tadge talks about how he started working at GM, what his first job was for the company, his path to success and how he attained his current position. Then Steve and Tadge trace his time with the C4, C5 and C6.  You'll learn how the C7 almost became the mid-engine Corvette!  Tadge talks about how the true mid-engine car we know today was being developed while the C7 was coming to market! Next Tadge takes a deep dive into the development and product launch of the current C8 Corvette. He talks about how the Corvette team attained the buy-in for GM executives to build the car, the research and architecture of the C8 and the future of this mid-engine marvel.

Tell your friends, stop what you're doing right now and check out this outstanding episode of CORVETTE TODAY with Executive Chief Engineer, Tadge Juechter!

https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett (listen to all CORVETTE TODAY podcasts)

CorvetteToday.ck.page (sign up for email updates here)
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Do I NEED 2LT (rear view camera, blind spot and anti-theft)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I NEED 2LT (rear view camera, blind spot and anti-theft)

I don’t need the stuff in the 2LT, but possibly the the rearview camera, blind spot detectors and extra anti-theft.
    1: How good is the rearview camera driving in rain (my back-up camera on my Ford pick-up is not usable when I have been driving in the rain for 5 minutes.
    2: Are the blind spots really that awful that you can’t drive safely using the side mirrors and the standard rear view camera? Is the visibility worse than a Porsche 911?? Anyone?
    3: What is the “additional anti-theft features”? Can this lower the insurance cost??

The blind spots are real. The mirror camera is awesome to see things you would never be able to see otherwise. Rain is not a problem because of the location and design of the camera. Blind spot detector adds in even more ability to detect something you would never see otherwise.
    Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

Originally posted by rickg747 View Post
      The blind spots are real. The mirror camera is awesome to see things you would never be able to see otherwise. Rain is not a problem because of the location and design of the camera. Blind spot detector adds in even more ability to detect something you would never see otherwise.
      I would not feel safe driving this car without the mirror camera and blind spot detector. No way.

Comment

Thanks!!! What about the additional anti-theft stuff???

Comment

Originally posted by Top Off Action View Post
          Thanks!!! What about the additional anti-theft stuff???
          Ditto to above comments.

As far as the anti-theft stuff, I don’t know about the insurance discount as I went through the NCM for coverage. I hope we never have to find out, but it does give me some sort of piece of mind knowing it’s there.
          Blade Silver, Z51 black/red two tone seats, 3LT, red seat belts, Black trident wheels, red engine cover, front lift, lighted sill plates, 3000 March 2020; 3300 TPW August 17th as of July 31st. Born August 13th, 2020. As of August 27th it’s at the dealership!😁 Now for the LPO’s...Delivered September 8th 2020👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Comment

I don't have a C8 but in my Cadillac I have the rear view camera and sometimes in certain rain conditions the camera will get rain mist, droplets and or bubbles on the lens that can obscure the view but there is a method to clear the lens off. By using the rear washer squitter it will spray windshield washer solution onto the camera lens which helps clear off any water drops/ spots. However, I don't believe there is that option on the C8's cameras.
            Marc

Comment

I DO NOT use the rearview camera. I have to twist my neck up to focus on it through my bifocals. I do NOT need the rearview camera. The mirrors can be adjusted for the blind spots. HOWEVER the rearview camera does have it's uses. It does make it a little easier backing out of parking spots etc.
              I personally like all the 2LT stuff, but if you don't then that's great. Buy what you want.
              Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
              2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
              Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
              3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

Originally posted by Murray20c8 View Post
                I DO NOT use the rearview camera. I have to twist my neck up to focus on it through my bifocals ...
                Murray, I don't know if you have blended bifocals but I have blended bifocals and that seems to work out great for me. I honestly can say that I don't have any problems looking up quickly to focus on the mirror's video images. That being said my wife doesn't seem to like the camera that much for some reason... she says the wheels of cars passing her in the mirror seem to look like they are going backwards. I told her that was due to the video fps. not syncing up accurately with the spinning wheels of the cars passing by.
                Last edited by Marc NY; 11-21-2020, 12:30 PM. Reason: Edit to add comments.
                Marc

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarman View Post

I would not feel safe driving this car without the mirror camera and blind spot detector. No way.
                  Like any mid engine car, visibility out the back is limited, but if your mirrors are adjusted correctly, you can see everything behind you and in your blind spots. I made a video demonstrating.

https://youtu.be/kpkVY5CiZVA
                  Torch red 1LT, no options. Built June 4, received July 2

Comment

Originally posted by Marc NY View Post
                    Murray, I don't know if you have blended bifocals but I have blended bifocals and that seems to work out great for me. I honestly can say that I don't have any problems looking up quickly to focus on the mirror's video images. That being said my wife doesn't seem to like the camera that much for some reason... she says the wheels of cars passing her in the mirror seem to look like they are going backwards. I told her that was due to the video fps. not syncing up accurately.
                    Ya, it's a completely individual thing. With the real mirror your focus is down the street behind you so you can use the top of your glasses. But because it's a tv screen the focus is on the screen itself. Too bad one can't defocus the tv to personalize it!
                    Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                    2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
                    Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
                    3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

My wife loves the rear view camera mirror for she now see 100% of what is behind us. I think of it as the best passenger enhancement in decades. I have sat in that seat and I too love the expanded view of the rear, especially that when sitting in that seat I am no longer seeing the view of over the driver’s outside shoulder as the traditional center rear view mirror only allows, but now with the RCM seeing directly behind that car exactly as the driver does. Also while sittingin the passenger seat I know that the passenger door mirror has its right rear fender seriously occlude major sections of my views in that position.

My wife is thrilled that our new daily driver (arriving in a week) also will have a RCM.

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Has anyone compared the rear visibility of the coupe to the HTC? I tried to the other day without actually sitting in the car and it seemed the HTC might have the edge. Anyone fortunate enough to sit in both?

Comment

I like most of the 2LT features and wouldn't want to be without them. However, I do not like the rear view camera and after trying it many different ways will not use it. As has been stated, it's a very personal thing as to whether the image is difficult for your eyes/brain to adjust, or not. The only exception would be if I'm in a VERY difficult backing situation, I might briefly engage it for the wide angle view.

I have no problem seeing everything with the regular mirrors 99% of the time. Of course, like any mid-engine car the rear quarters are a sizable blind spot, no matter what mirrors or cameras your using, and in that case the blind spot and cross traffic warnings are very helpful.
                          '64 Silver Grey Coupe (custom paint)- still our favorite
                          '77 Black L82 / 4SPD
                          '78 Silver Anniversary L82 / 4SPD
                          '13 White/Blue Diamond 427 60th roadster - favorite late model
                          '14 Black Z51 Coupe
                          '15 Shark Grey Z51 Coupe
                          '20 ... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels - Delivered 10/1/20😀

Comment

A CORVETTE is a “want” ... not a “need”.

So yea you can surly get by just fine with a 1LT.

Not being to clearly see what’s around you when driving is truly a Safety to concern, to what extent, depends on the Driver.
                            Deposit placed on June 18 2020, for 2021 HTC Z51 2LT Red Mist Tintcoat/2-Tone Sky Cool Grey
                            Current 1999 Magnetic Red C5 Z51

Comment

I have driven my 1LT 4000 miles. No issues with visibility. Not a safety issue in my opinion.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X