Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Corvette Today Podcast # 41: News & Headlines

Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com connect to bring you up to date on the latest news in the world of Corvette! https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...ry-2021-epbab4  Here are just a few of the topics discussed in this podcast:
1.  GM Vice President, Steve Hill, says most C8 buyers are new to the Corvette Brand and wealthier than C7 customers.
2.  The high wing spoiler for C8 is available again on Chevrolet.com
3.  The first 1967 L88 sells for $2.5m at the Mecum Auction/Kissimmee
4  Laura Wontrop Klauser is named as Sports Car Racing Program Manager
5. The 2021 race season begins for Corvette Racing at Daytona with new lineup
6. New C8.R driver, Nick Tandy, says the C8 is more stable than the Porsche 911 RSR
7.  A man wins Corvette in the Georgia Lottery, but can’t get one from a local dealer
8.  A 2019 C7 ZR1 run the quarter mile in 9.592 seconds!
9.  Lingenfelter introduces a lowering kit for C8
2 of 3 < >

We have started a monthly PHOTO OF THE MONTH CONTEST WITH PRIZE MONEY!

3 of 3 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Anti Theft system activated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thankfully Tulsac8, and foremost is that the meths didn’t realize your son was there and injure him, then secondarily your C8 can be fixed back to excellent. Sorry you and your family had to go through all of this.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Tulsac8 View Post
      Don't mind at all Not surprisingly the media did not quite get it correct. The police did catch them but only one charged because the other 2 as it turns out are testifying against the driver
      one was a woman who is in the hospital when she dove out of the car while it was still moving. I have lived in the same house in tulsa for 20 years and have never had a problem
      My intent was to raise people’s awareness without being judgemental particularly since a few asked
      You should call the DA and insist all 3 are charged. You are the victim and can make that request.

The 3 of them broke into your house, the 3 of them went for a joy ride in a stolen car, the 3 of them had 3 guns they could have used on your family.

Their testimony will help make an open and shut case more so but isn't necessary.

Getting them all off the street is necessary. Not 1 out of 3 criminals, 3 out of 3.

Comment

First thank you Tulsac8 for providing this information, and thankfully you will be whole once again (physically anyway). This thief got lucky and found the fob, however, there are devices that can amplify the communication between your proximity key and the car. This means if your "key basket" is close enough, a thief with this device could drive off with your car. The Faraday pouches are fairly inexpensive, and maybe only use the pouch when you are at home. Do any of you out there use these things? Is it a real issue, or very isolated?
        2021 Coupe, AYellow,z51,Mag,2LT,JetBlk,GT2,LIft,Dual RoofTransparent Deposit:4/2020 Status:3300 TPW 2/1/2021

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre View Post
          Do any of you out there use these things? Is it a real issue, or very isolated?
          I don’t, I think that it’s very rare. I DO lock the door from the garage to the house, and I live in the country with a gate on the driveway. Most thieves are opportunistic, if you make it too difficult they move on to an easier target. I don’t know the layout of the OP’s garage and laundry room or how exactly they gained access to the key fob in the laundry room. I guess they weren’t really home invaders, fortunately, just burglars. If they are intent on a confrontation with the residents, that is much more dangerous, and a locked door may not be sufficient. I also have self defense weapons handy for that scenario, but fortunately that is very rare as well. I don’t live in fear, but I do try to take precautions and be prepared for most eventualities.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre View Post
            First thank you Tulsac8 for providing this information, and thankfully you will be whole once again (physically anyway). This thief got lucky and found the fob, however, there are devices that can amplify the communication between your proximity key and the car. This means if your "key basket" is close enough, a thief with this device could drive off with your car. The Faraday pouches are fairly inexpensive, and maybe only use the pouch when you are at home. Do any of you out there use these things? Is it a real issue, or very isolated?
            I believe the fob sleeps after a few minutes and can't be read unless shaken (and not stirred )
            Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
            2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
            Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
            3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

Originally posted by C8Los View Post
              It's because of a similar instance like yours, why we had the alarm system extended to include the garage door. We had a theft once where they opened the garage door and helped themselves to several items. Now when the garage door is just 1" up, it triggers the system.

People forget about including the garage door yet some of us keep thousand of dollars worth of stuff in there.
              Great idea, we just have a new Door and Liftmaster installed, we’ll to do the same for Garage security.
              Deposit w/Criswell - June 18 2020, for 2021 HTC Z51 2LT Red Mist Tintcoat/2-Tone,Sky Cool Grey w/Front Lift, Mag Ride & R8C Delivery

Current 1999 Magnetic Red C5 Z51

Comment

Originally posted by Murray20c8 View Post
                I believe the fob sleeps after a few minutes and can't be read unless shaken (and not stirred )
                Good call .. RTFM .... some egghead already thought of that!

"... bla bla bla ... For improved vehicle security, the remote key is equipped with a motion sensor. When starting the vehicle, if the remote key has been idle for a while, the DIC may display KEY IN SLEEP MODE, MOVE KEY, THEN START ... bla bla bla."
                2021 Coupe, AYellow,z51,Mag,2LT,JetBlk,GT2,LIft,Dual RoofTransparent Deposit:4/2020 Status:3300 TPW 2/1/2021

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                Working...
                X