MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today With Keith Cornett: Latest Corvette News

Even though we're into the holiday season, there's still a lot of Corvette news! https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...-en2b43 Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com fill you in on what's going on.  Here are a few of the headlines discussed in this episode of CORVETTE TODAY:
1.  First pictures of the new right-hand-drive C8 Corvette headed to Japan
2. Lawsuit with GM about cracked Corvette Grand Sport wheels has been dismissed
3. C8 Corvette named to Car & Driver’s annual “10 Best” list for 2nd year in a row.
4. 2020 C8 Corvette goes on sale in the Middle East
5. Final production stats for the 2020 C8 announced
6. Nick Tandy to replace Oliver Gavin on Corvette Racing Team
7. Chevrolet celebrates IMSA championships with new commercial
8. The ’63 Split Window makes Hagerty’s list of coupes worth more than their convertible siblings
9. Procharger teases of a supercharged C8 Corvette
10. OnStar thwarts the theft of a 2020 C8 Corvette
Happy Holidays!
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Anti Theft system activated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti Theft system activated

Anti theft activated and instrument panel shows icon with a lock and limits the car speed to 2 mph and tells me service is needed for the theft system Yes my car was stolen out of my garage fortunately onstar and the local police were awesome and recovered the car without too much damage. Still painful!

Does anyone know how to reset this. I cannot find anything in the manual

Thanks

Tulsac8, we are all sorry to hear your car was stolen and that it experienced any damage at all. Here’s to your getting your alarm system reset, damages repaired really soon, and back to fully enjoying your beauty!
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Tulsac8 View Post
      Anti theft activated and instrument panel shows icon with a lock and limits the car speed to 2 mph and tells me service is needed for the theft system Yes my car was stolen out of my garage fortunately onstar and the local police were awesome and recovered the car without too much damage. Still painful!

Does anyone know how to reset this. I cannot find anything in the manual

Thanks
      How did the thief start the car?

Comment

Yes my car was stolen out of my garage fortunately onstar and the local police were awesome and recovered the car without too much damage.
        WOW Sorry to hear that. First I've heard of a C8 being stolen. Pse advise details how that happened. Did they have the key fob? Was it locked? Did they lift it on a truck? Did the alarm sound? Any info you can provide would be helpful for other folks to avoid such a thing. Thanks.

Comment

Update
          2 meth heads used a crowbar pry open the garage door and then broke into the laundry room attached and found the key fob. Obviously I need to better secure the fob going forwardThe house alarm was not set because my 21 year old son was upstairs studying and taking a test All doors were locked He never heard them. Police believe they had been watching the house and saw my wife leave. They did not take anything else My son is not normally home This occurred at about 2pm on friday.
          Once recovered they found crowbars,stolen mail and 3 guns in my car Needless to say the guns were very disturbing and I am glad my son did not hear them Turns out the thieves had jumped bail for guess what....auto theft
          I love my c8 and we all know the amount of attention it gets but I now believe it gets a lot more attention than we realize and I need to be even more careful than I already am

You should be aware Onstar will NOT track the car without a police report number. Our Local police will not file a report until you show proof of ownership. Onstar called the local police dept to verify the person calling was really an officer after I gave them a report number

Called 2 local dealers to find out how to reset the anti theft system. I did not buy it locally They both told me to have the car towed to them there was no way to do it. I pulled off the battery cable and that solved the problem

Good luck to all. I hope this story has helped in some small way

Comment

Sorry this happened to you, but glad you recovered the car. Thanks for providing the additional detail and info on how to reset the code.
            SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
            >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Heck with the car, I am just glad your son was not injured. Lots of low life in this world. Good luck and hope all will be well soon.

Comment

2 meth heads used a crowbar pry open the garage door and then broke into the laundry room attached and found the key fob.

Once recovered they found crowbars,stolen mail and 3 guns in my car . I hope this story has helped in some small way
                Yea, the story "helped" scare the s*** outta me. Guess you gotta Police Report and since you know they're "meth heads" the cops got them.

Hope you don't mind:

TULSA, Okla. -
                Tulsa Police have arrested two people who they said stole a Corvette while the owner was sleeping in his house.

"We're lucky this didn't end up on the highway, where they would have just done 200 miles an hour,” TPD Cpt. Richard Meulenberg.

Officers said the owner woke up a little after 4 p.m. Friday and reported it missing. On-star tracked the vehicle to 71st and Yale and shut it off, but police said it kept rolling and a woman jumped out of it.

The other two people inside made it a little further before bailing out. Both of those in the car were arrested. Their names have not been released.

The corvette was damaged when it ran over a street sign.

News 9 OKC
                Last edited by Boomer; 11-21-2020, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Tulsac8,

Incredibly sorry to hear about your car! I'm down the turnpike in OKC, but saw your story come through my Facebook feed. The story (and your account here on the forum) certainly don't reflect well on OnStar. Hopefully they'll go above and beyond to make this up to you.
                  2020 C8 | Torch Red | 3LT | Z51 Performance Package | 5W8 Ground Effects Package | Cicio Performance Lowering Kit | Vossen HF-5 Wheels | Front Lift | Bright Red Calipers | Carbon flash Mirrors | GT2 Seats | Black Leather | Engine Appearance Pkg | Red Seat Belts

Comment

Don't mind at all Not surprisingly the media did not quite get it correct. The police did catch them but only one charged because the other 2 as it turns out are testifying against the driver
                    one was a woman who is in the hospital when she dove out of the car while it was still moving. I have lived in the same house in tulsa for 20 years and have never had a problem
                    My intent was to raise people’s awareness without being judgemental particularly since a few asked

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer View Post

a woman jumped out of it. The other two people inside made it a little further before bailing out.
                      That must have been a very "intimate" ride, squeezing 3 people inside of a C8!

Comment

Originally posted by CZS View Post
                        Tulsac8,

Incredibly sorry to hear about your car! I'm down the turnpike in OKC, but saw your story come through my Facebook feed. The story (and your account here on the forum) certainly don't reflect well on OnStar. Hopefully they'll go above and beyond to make this up to you.
                        Personally, I'm OK with OnStar verifying ownership and police involvement. It would reflect even more poorly on them if they let anyone track a car and found out later that they'd assisted in a car jacking or an assault by a jealous ex. The court actions would never end. Besides, if you want to bypass OnStar's safety protocols you can always track your car in real time on the MyChevy/GMC/whatever app.

Comment

Originally posted by ATGuinness View Post

Personally, I'm OK with OnStar verifying ownership and police involvement. It would reflect even more poorly on them if they let anyone track a car and found out later that they'd assisted in a car jacking or an assault by a jealous ex. The court actions would never end. Besides, if you want to bypass OnStar's safety protocols you can always track your car in real time on the MyChevy/GMC/whatever app.
                          Just so I'm clear, my beef with OnStar is that they allegedly told the officers that the vehicle had been disabled when it, in fact, had not.
                          2020 C8 | Torch Red | 3LT | Z51 Performance Package | 5W8 Ground Effects Package | Cicio Performance Lowering Kit | Vossen HF-5 Wheels | Front Lift | Bright Red Calipers | Carbon flash Mirrors | GT2 Seats | Black Leather | Engine Appearance Pkg | Red Seat Belts

Comment

Originally posted by CZS View Post

Just so I'm clear, my beef with OnStar is that they allegedly told the officers that the vehicle had been disabled when it, in fact, had not.
                            Gotcha! I didn't read the sheriff's account that way. I assumed that the engine was disabled, but the car continued to coast until it came to a stop and that the passenger bailed when she realized the car was no longer running. Either way, this is one of the reasons I've kept OnStar on my vehicles.

Comment

It's because of a similar instance like yours, why we had the alarm system extended to include the garage door. We had a theft once where they opened the garage door and helped themselves to several items. Now when the garage door is just 1" up, it triggers the system.

People forget about including the garage door yet some of us keep thousand of dollars worth of stuff in there.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X