MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Special Tadge Juechter On Corvette Today Podcast Now

Steve Garrett has the honor of talking to Corvette's Executive Chief Engineer, Tadge Juechter on CORVETTE TODAY!  https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...60a01_h0PwqXjw

Tadge talks about how he started working at GM, what his first job was for the company, his path to success and how he attained his current position. Then Steve and Tadge trace his time with the C4, C5 and C6.  You'll learn how the C7 almost became the mid-engine Corvette!  Tadge talks about how the true mid-engine car we know today was being developed while the C7 was coming to market! Next Tadge takes a deep dive into the development and product launch of the current C8 Corvette. He talks about how the Corvette team attained the buy-in for GM executives to build the car, the research and architecture of the C8 and the future of this mid-engine marvel.

Tell your friends, stop what you're doing right now and check out this outstanding episode of CORVETTE TODAY with Executive Chief Engineer, Tadge Juechter!

https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett (listen to all CORVETTE TODAY podcasts)

CorvetteToday.ck.page (sign up for email updates here)
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Just got my 2020 HTC!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats. Your car looks great. Now that you have it don’t feel guilty about just going to your garage, staring and smiling at wee hours of the morning. Or is that just me. 😉

Comment

Picked mine up this week at a courtesy delivery site and only have 40 miles on it so far But when I get the PPF on next Tuesday will get to enjoy it more than just caressing and walking around to see it from every possible angle
      Optimistically hoping my car is built in 2020

Comment

Congrats! Got mine today! It is so awesome!
        Torch Red Convertible / adrenaline Red interior, 2LT, Carbon Flash Wheels, Yellow Calipers, Lift, NPP
        Previous Vettes: 82 Collector Edition/ 05 Red Coupe

Comment

Congratulations, you will not be disappointed. I love the versatility of the car.
          2020 LBR HTC 2LT Z51 Magnetic ride, NPP Exhuast, 2 tone natural/black interior, high wing spoiler, Black Trident wheels, Carbon flash full length Ordered 2/15/2020 Built 9/11/2020 Shipped 10/7/202 Arrived 11/2/2020 In the garage

Comment

Awesome bud. I have the same car (Black HTC Z51 3LT) except natural dipped tan inside with red seatbelts and calipers... I am mostly happy with the car and share most of your first impressions as well, but I thought I'd share also some less positive impressions with 91mi on it and 2 days driving it.

1) visibility poor but worth it because car is very pretty
            2) power - lack luster. I'm hoping it has to do with the break in period (note I had a z06 prior to this which may be influencing my opinion)
            3) sound system - ok but after comments from many I thought it would be a bit better - when top is down especially. Maybe they should consider speakers on the headrests??
            4) exhaust sound : very low from the inside which is great - decent from the outside. Could be better... but that is personal taste
            5) very noisy front lift system - I'm hoping it is because car is new and will fade with time
            6) pretty basic entertainment and nav system... GM has excellent systems for most of their cars. Why do they have such a basic system in this car ?? I'm not talking about the tracking or PDR options ... those are great. I'm referring to the stuff that most cars today have...
            7) camera rear mirror - great idea but I find it has 2 issues. it is located to close to my face so kind of ackward. If it were positioned slightly further forward there would be a more normal distance to look at things. I am also getting a bad reflection during the day on the actual mirror that competes with the mirror display image. I live in SOCAL so most of my driving has been with the top down.

Other than these small issues, the car is fantastic. Handles really well, little wind noise with the top down, and definitely a head turner.

BTW, my back window doesn't automatically close when I close the top? Could that be a setting or will I always have to remember to close it separately? I have already left it open a couple of times when parking...

Like you, I have been waiting for the car for over 1 yr - 2 months and maybe because of this my expectations were overhyped...

Anyways, I don't mean to take away from anyones excitement. The car is overall a fantastic car and we all get much more than what we bargained for !!!

Congrats on your new car !! you have excellent taste :-)

Convertible Black Z51 - tan interior - LT3, high spoiler wing, 3-spoke black wheels, red seat belts

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-C8 View Post
              BTW, my back window doesn't automatically close when I close the top? Could that be a setting or will I always have to remember to close it separately? I have already left it open a couple of times when parking...
              This is what the owner’s manual says, you might try holding the switch longer.

”After the convertible top is completely closed, a chime sounds and a DIC message displays. Release the switch. Raise the windows if needed. If the switch is held after the chime sounds, the windows will start to raise”.

Comment

Congrats on the new HTC! I assume you won't see this message right away as I hope you're out enjoying the nice temps here today. Where are you located if you don't mind me asking? I would love to see a HTC up close if possible. I'm in Westboro Ma.

Comment

Congratulations Ken. Great looking car. Had mine out yesterday. Still plenty of good driving days left here in Mass. Enjoy the new ride.

Comment

Originally posted by steve8 View Post
                    Congrats on the new HTC! I assume you won't see this message right away as I hope you're out enjoying the nice temps here today. Where are you located if you don't mind me asking? I would love to see a HTC up close if possible. I'm in Westboro Ma.
                    I'm a little north of Boston, about an hour from Westboro. Certainly could meet up halfway when it's nice again!

Comment

Congrats on your awesome car!! Mine was born on 11/18, so hope to see it soon....
                      Last edited by papasvet; Today, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Ken, are you completely happy with your interior choice and what was your second choice or other interior colors you considered? I am 99% leaning towards the black w yellow so really curious on your thoughts. I was also looking at the blue, and black/red two tones. Thanks!
                        Future: 2021 3LT Z51 HTC Silver Flare, black w/ yellow stitching, yellow calipers, Mag Ride, Lift, Aftermarket CF Ground effects, spoiler, exhaust and wheels

Current:
                        2007 SL550 w/ AMG
                        2014 Highly Custom Street Glide Special
                        2018 Summit White/Black Suburban RST

Past:
                        1971 C3 RESTOMOD Blue/Black 496ci/722hp/704tq 5-speed/Coilovers and lots more
                        2002 C5 Black/Black Targa 6-speed Z51 (1st Vette)

Comment

Originally posted by mike73229 View Post
                          Ken, are you completely happy with your interior choice and what was your second choice or other interior colors you considered? I am 99% leaning towards the black w yellow so really curious on your thoughts. I was also looking at the blue, and black/red two tones. Thanks!
                          Yes, I love the black with yellow. I didn't really have a second choice. I kept to the black and yellow theme with the interior, seatbelts, wheels and calipers.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken_C8 View Post

Yes, I love the black with yellow. I didn't really have a second choice. I kept to the black and yellow theme with the interior, seatbelts, wheels and calipers.
                            Thanks, was hoping you'd say that...and hope you don't mind the copying, although mine will be silver flare exterior!
                            Future: 2021 3LT Z51 HTC Silver Flare, black w/ yellow stitching, yellow calipers, Mag Ride, Lift, Aftermarket CF Ground effects, spoiler, exhaust and wheels

Current:
                            2007 SL550 w/ AMG
                            2014 Highly Custom Street Glide Special
                            2018 Summit White/Black Suburban RST

Past:
                            1971 C3 RESTOMOD Blue/Black 496ci/722hp/704tq 5-speed/Coilovers and lots more
                            2002 C5 Black/Black Targa 6-speed Z51 (1st Vette)

Comment

Yahoo , just got the word I went to 4200 today so it's on it's way.

Comment

Congratulations on your new HTC. Enjoy it in good health.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X