Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Corvette Today Podcast # 41: News & Headlines

Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com connect to bring you up to date on the latest news in the world of Corvette! https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...ry-2021-epbab4  Here are just a few of the topics discussed in this podcast:
1.  GM Vice President, Steve Hill, says most C8 buyers are new to the Corvette Brand and wealthier than C7 customers.
2.  The high wing spoiler for C8 is available again on Chevrolet.com
3.  The first 1967 L88 sells for $2.5m at the Mecum Auction/Kissimmee
4  Laura Wontrop Klauser is named as Sports Car Racing Program Manager
5. The 2021 race season begins for Corvette Racing at Daytona with new lineup
6. New C8.R driver, Nick Tandy, says the C8 is more stable than the Porsche 911 RSR
7.  A man wins Corvette in the Georgia Lottery, but can’t get one from a local dealer
8.  A 2019 C7 ZR1 run the quarter mile in 9.592 seconds!
9.  Lingenfelter introduces a lowering kit for C8
2 of 3 < >

We have started a monthly PHOTO OF THE MONTH CONTEST WITH PRIZE MONEY!

3 of 3 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Why does my PDR stop recording mid drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am using a Class 4 card which is most likely the problem. (Yeah, I know. I've never thrown away an SD card.) I will try with a Class 10 tomorrow and see if that fixes the problem. Thank you for all your help!

Comment

Originally posted by mrvictory1999 View Post
      I am using a Class 4 card which is most likely the problem. (Yeah, I know. I've never thrown away an SD card.) I will try with a Class 10 tomorrow and see if that fixes the problem. Thank you for all your help!
      The beauty of the forum! Hope that did it.
      2017 TR GS 2LT

Comment

Does a new C8 come with a card or must you buy and install yourself? Planning on NCM delivery.

Comment

Originally posted by F152tall View Post
          Does a new C8 come with a card or must you buy and install yourself? Planning on NCM delivery.
          You need to buy one.
          Blade Silver, Z51 black/red two tone seats, 3LT, red seat belts, Black trident wheels, red engine cover, front lift, lighted sill plates, 3000 March 2020; 3300 TPW August 17th as of July 31st. Born August 13th, 2020. As of August 27th it’s at the dealership!😁 Now for the LPO’s...Delivered September 8th 2020👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Comment

I thought I read that the museum puts one in so you have a recording of the drive off of Corvette Blvd. The car does not come with a card from GM. You should check with Shane at the museum, I think the museum does install one as part of the R8C museum delivery.

Comment

My C8 definitely did not come with a card. Not sure about NCM delivery, but I'd suggest you bring your own card just in case.

Comment

Mine came with a card, it was in the glove box

Comment

Originally posted by AllIn767 View Post

You need to buy one.
                  So Batteries Not Included

Just like Christmas Day.
                  Deposit w/Criswell - June 18 2020, for 2021 HTC Z51 2LT Red Mist Tintcoat/2-Tone,Sky Cool Grey w/Front Lift, Mag Ride & R8C Delivery

Current 1999 Magnetic Red C5 Z51

Comment

Well I decided to reformat my 256GB SD card ( the exact same as pictured in post #3). The format completed and when I ran a speed test I got a ‘too slow’ message, even though the card is 100mbs. So I retrieved my 16 GB card that the museum provided when we picked up the car. Interestingly, it says it’s only 80mbs. But I decided to try it anyway. It formatted fine and when I tried the speed test, the PDR said ‘OK’. Strange to say the least. Maybe the ‘too slow’ message meant the PDR is too slow?
                    Stingray HTC, 2LT, (G1E)Long Beach Red, (HTM) Black interior, (Q8T)Spectra Grey Whls, (NPP)Performance Exhaust, (EFY) Body colored side vents and front and rear inserts, (AH2) GT2 seats, (E60) Front Lift, (J6N) Edge Red Calipers, (STI) Composite molded black rockers, (VQK) Splash guards, (R8C) Museum Delivery

Comment

Originally posted by TNRunner View Post
                      Well I decided to reformat my 256GB SD card ( the exact same as pictured in post #3). The format completed and when I ran a speed test I got a ‘too slow’ message, even though the card is 100mbs. So I retrieved my 16 GB card that the museum provided when we picked up the car. Interestingly, it says it’s only 80mbs. But I decided to try it anyway. It formatted fine and when I tried the speed test, the PDR said ‘OK’. Strange to say the least. Maybe the ‘too slow’ message meant the PDR is too slow?
                      You didn't say how you formatted the card. Are you using the PDR while the card is in the glovebox slot, using Windows (I've read not to use Windows), or using a third party SD card formatting utility via a computer?

You could try using a third party utility and doing a full format, not a quick one. The owners manual does say to use an exFAT format, so make sure that is the case if you aren't using the PDR. I'm sure the PDR is only doing a quick format not a full format.

I have an ATN rifle scope and some times I have issues with the recordings. The only way I've been able to fix it, is by doing a full format using a third party formatting utility while running Windows 10.

I've also read others saying they don't have issues when they use a 256 gig card, but I wonder if using the bigger size card could cause issues? I just ordered a 64 gig card since it gives over 11 hours of recording at 1080, which is plenty for me.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H9J1YXN...v_ov_lig_dp_it

I don't have my car yet, so I hope I don't have any issues with the above card I just ordered.

Cheers, PB
                      Previous Vettes '59, '61, 62. Current other toys: LS1 powered '92 Mazda Miata, aka Panic Button.

2020 C8 Corvette Stingray Coupe, 3LT, Z51, Elkhart Lake Blue Metallic, Full-Length Dual Racing Stripe, Jet Black Napa Leather with Adrenaline Red Stitch, Magnetic Ride, Front Lift, Chrome Exterior Badge Package, Battery Protection.

Current status: Took possession Saturday, January 9, 2021.

Comment

The card (Sandisk in the pic) came formatted and hasn't failed me in 314 trips.
                        Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                        2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
                        Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
                        3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

NCM game me a 16Gb card.
                          '20 C8, Ceramic Matrix Gray, Z51, 3LT, E60, FE4, FA5, VST

Comment

Originally posted by Panic Button View Post
                            I don't have my car yet, so I hope I don't have any issues with the above card I just ordered.
                            The speed and size should be fine for the PDR.
                            '20 C8, Ceramic Matrix Gray, Z51, 3LT, E60, FE4, FA5, VST

Comment

Originally posted by TNRunner View Post
                              I neglected to note that I formatted the card with the PDR.
                              Stingray HTC, 2LT, (G1E)Long Beach Red, (HTM) Black interior, (Q8T)Spectra Grey Whls, (NPP)Performance Exhaust, (EFY) Body colored side vents and front and rear inserts, (AH2) GT2 seats, (E60) Front Lift, (J6N) Edge Red Calipers, (STI) Composite molded black rockers, (VQK) Splash guards, (R8C) Museum Delivery

Comment

Originally posted by GPFboyJS View Post

The speed and size should be fine for the PDR.
                                I'm sure it will be and I just received my card yesterday. It came formatted as exFAT out of the box.

Using a third party SD card formatting utility, I did a full format (exFAT) and no errors were found.

Once I get my car, I will slide the card into the glovebox slot and I should be ready to go.

Cheers, PB
                                Previous Vettes '59, '61, 62. Current other toys: LS1 powered '92 Mazda Miata, aka Panic Button.

2020 C8 Corvette Stingray Coupe, 3LT, Z51, Elkhart Lake Blue Metallic, Full-Length Dual Racing Stripe, Jet Black Napa Leather with Adrenaline Red Stitch, Magnetic Ride, Front Lift, Chrome Exterior Badge Package, Battery Protection.

Current status: Took possession Saturday, January 9, 2021.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X