Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Corvette Today Podcast # 41: News & Headlines

Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com connect to bring you up to date on the latest news in the world of Corvette! https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...ry-2021-epbab4  Here are just a few of the topics discussed in this podcast:
1.  GM Vice President, Steve Hill, says most C8 buyers are new to the Corvette Brand and wealthier than C7 customers.
2.  The high wing spoiler for C8 is available again on Chevrolet.com
3.  The first 1967 L88 sells for $2.5m at the Mecum Auction/Kissimmee
4  Laura Wontrop Klauser is named as Sports Car Racing Program Manager
5. The 2021 race season begins for Corvette Racing at Daytona with new lineup
6. New C8.R driver, Nick Tandy, says the C8 is more stable than the Porsche 911 RSR
7.  A man wins Corvette in the Georgia Lottery, but can’t get one from a local dealer
8.  A 2019 C7 ZR1 run the quarter mile in 9.592 seconds!
9.  Lingenfelter introduces a lowering kit for C8
2 of 3 < >

We have started a monthly PHOTO OF THE MONTH CONTEST WITH PRIZE MONEY!

3 of 3 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Why does my PDR stop recording mid drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does my PDR stop recording mid drive?

I have my PDR set to automatically record audio and video for all drives. My plan is to use it as a dashcam. I have found that it will usually start recording for most drives, but it often cuts off after only a minute or so. No idea why it would stop recording mid drive but it does. Any thoughts?

Second question: It never records audio even though I told it to. Am I missing something? The videos never have audio whether I play them in Cosworth or VLC.

I noticed similar issues: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-longer-drives

I replaced the SD card with good results so far but I haven't done any kind of extensive testing.

Audio recording has never given me problems.

Comment

I'll second checking the SD card. Which one are you using?
      Click image for larger version

Name:	sd card.JPG
Views:	404
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	208974

Comment

Before replacing the SD card, try reformatting it. I'm not sure if the car has the option to do that, but if not you can do it on a computer.
        Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Awaiting allocation: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Mine too. I have not investigated. I assumed that trying a higher performance SD card should be attempted first. I have had an on screen notice about something to do with my card.

Comment

Originally posted by C8Toy View Post
            I'll second checking the SD card. Which one are you using?

Name:	sd card.JPG
Views:	404
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	208974
            Yhis is the card I use as well. No issues at all.
            Blade Silver, Z51 black/red two tone seats, 3LT, red seat belts, Black trident wheels, red engine cover, front lift, lighted sill plates, 3000 March 2020; 3300 TPW August 17th as of July 31st. Born August 13th, 2020. As of August 27th it’s at the dealership!😁 Now for the LPO’s...Delivered September 8th 2020👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Comment

What are the specs on your SD card?
              Vin # 2539
              Torch Red LT2 Z51

Comment

I had this issue on a high endurance sandisk. I did a low level format with the SD Foundation formatting tool and it’s been fine since.

Comment

I checked out the latest version of the owners manual and I copied and pasted below what is said about the SD card.

I did not find anything in the manual about being able to format the card while it's plugged into the car but I seem to recall seeing a video of some one showing how the PDR works and I think I recall seeing a FORMAT function but I could be wrong. I don't have my car yet, so I can't go out and verify that it will or will not do a format.

Cheers, PB

To optimize PDR performance, it is
                  recommended that the SD card is
                  formatted on a regular basis. Back
                  up all recordings on the SD card
                  prior to formatting. Formatting the
                  SD card will delete all saved
                  recordings.
                  To begin, insert an exFAT formatted
                  SD card, Class 10 required, 16 GB
                  or larger recommended, into the
                  glove box SD card reader.
                  Previous Vettes '59, '61, 62. Current other toys: LS1 powered '92 Mazda Miata, aka Panic Button.

2020 C8 Corvette Stingray Coupe, 3LT, Z51, Elkhart Lake Blue Metallic, Full-Length Dual Racing Stripe, Jet Black Napa Leather with Adrenaline Red Stitch, Magnetic Ride, Front Lift, Chrome Exterior Badge Package, Battery Protection.

Current status: Took possession Saturday, January 9, 2021.

Comment

Well I was headed to bed but I was curious about if the card could be formatted in the car, so I did a search on YouTube and found a video that shows formatting is possible.

https://youtu.be/cTBfv29Ypdw

Here's a screen shot:

Name:	Screen Capture.png
Views:	355
Size:	483.7 KB
ID:	209120

Cheers, PB
                    Previous Vettes '59, '61, 62. Current other toys: LS1 powered '92 Mazda Miata, aka Panic Button.

2020 C8 Corvette Stingray Coupe, 3LT, Z51, Elkhart Lake Blue Metallic, Full-Length Dual Racing Stripe, Jet Black Napa Leather with Adrenaline Red Stitch, Magnetic Ride, Front Lift, Chrome Exterior Badge Package, Battery Protection.

Comment

Try running the Speed test. I switched disks because my 256G didn't pass the test.
                      New C8: 3LT, GDO yellow, DTH CF Racing stripes, Q8Q CF wheels, Z51, J6E yellow calipers, E60 Front end lift, ZZ3 engine appearance pkg, FE4 mag ride, EYK chrome badges, FA5 C Fiber interior trim, AH2 GT2 seats, 3M9 yellow seat belts, HZN Natural Dipped Interior.

Comment

Panic Button, Thanks for that info. Putting all these things in my memory banks for when I receive my 2021.
                        2021 Elkhart Lake Blue coupe, 2LT, Front lift, Chrome Ext. Badge package, mag ride, performance exhaust. Feb 2020 refundable deposit to get on dealer allocation list, Aug 2020 signed a PO with dealer and paid non-refundable deposit.

Comment

I was told by the guys at NCM upon delivery that 64Gb was about the max the PDR would use and support. The PDR compresses massively. I still have the one they gave me at 16Gb and still holding plenty of drive recordings, but will need to see what type of capacity I can get on that or does going to the 64Gb help.

For reference, I brought my 128GB card that I use for my GoPro's, and said that the car probably will not use it well.

2 cents.
                          '20 C8, Ceramic Matrix Gray, Z51, 3LT, E60, FE4, FA5, VST

Comment

Originally posted by GPFboyJS View Post
                            I was told by the guys at NCM upon delivery that 64Gb was about the max the PDR would use and support. The PDR compresses massively. I still have the one they gave me at 16Gb and still holding plenty of drive recordings, but will need to see what type of capacity I can get on that or does going to the 64Gb help.

For reference, I brought my 128GB card that I use for my GoPro's, and said that the car probably will not use it well.

2 cents.
                            If that is what NCM staff told you then they need some remedial technical education. Class (speed) of the SD card is what matters not the capacity.

Comment

I can't comment whether using a card bigger than 64 gig will have an ill effect, but in the video above, he's using a 64 gig card, which shows 680 minutes of recording time using 1080, or 11.33 hours.

I have read other posts that say they are using a 256 gig class 10 card (don't recall speed) with no issues. It's certainly possible the hardware (PDR) has limitations for speed and capacity though, so having the fastest and biggest card may be of no extra benefit.

I have a dash cam in my car, and if I put a formatted SD card that is bigger than 32 gigs, the camera won't record until I format using the cameras format option. After formatting, the recording works fine. If I pull the card out and plugged it into my computer, it shows the size as 32 gigs and not the actual higher size of the card itself, which was 64 gigs. This cameras hardware has a limitation for size it would seem and won't go over 32 gigs no matter the size of the card.

Cheer, PB

Name:	Screen Shot.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	871.5 KB
ID:	209274

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X