Possible ME T-tops??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible ME T-tops??

did anyone else catch this?????? looks to me that the roof line continues down the middle and those are t- tops!!!! notice the difference in color/wrap....just my lil spot for the day

also on another topic, the rear "diffuser" that was seen in the latest photos looks to be one...to stop heat/fire from going up the back ....and 2 it looks to be integrated into the body at the bottom of it Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20181228-150300_Chrome.jpg Views:	2 Size:	720.5 KB ID:	20835
    Your friendly neighborhood Technician

Possible that they've gone back to T tops to make the top easier to store. Also possible it's just the way they wrapped the car, either by accident or to throw us off.
    Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Thanks rvb1331 for starting this thread. Two potential negatives on T-tops: One negative is more seams right above the seats/center console to potentially leak, and second the more top parts, the more chances of rattles. Not that the one-piece C7 tops were always quiet (massive understatement).

On the positive as noted by meyerweb, much easier to store two smaller pieces than one large one, especially on a mid engine car.

???
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

T tops would throw pundits into convulsions...

the only line i see is for the convertible roof to successfully retract...i cant see the split in the center of the roof running front to back..
        could be there but my eyes cant see it.

i dont remember the c5 top squeeking do you guys?

c6 required service once a year at the dealership as the weather changed...

i found if while Im driving I git an annoying squeek before i can get to the dealer for service during an oil change etc..

i just open the handle and close it while im driving...

gets rid of the squeek as well..

i love the targa roof so the annual 10 minute service is well worth it.

jmo

Comment

"lee press on t tops"

Comment

I believe it will be a one piece top as we seen the current and recent generations.
            Enjoying my Shadow gray C8. What a car it is.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
            Working...
            X