Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

A new software update?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A new software update?

    I received another update available message today. Sorry if this is posted elsewhere, but anyone else get that message?
    Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
    2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
    Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
    3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

  • #2
    Mine is updating right now, no idea what it is , but its doing its thing as we speak.

    Comment


    • #3
      What is the message?

      Comment


      • #4
        Mine didn't say. It's set to auto download so I never see the messages. I'll look once it's done and see what it says.
        Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
        2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
        Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
        3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

        Comment


        • #5
          I got the message today and did the update. It was something for the transmission.

          Comment


          • #6
            If yours are Z51's, it could be this ELSD bulletin:

            https://www.corvetteactioncenter.com...2020-1469.html
            TPW March 2. 3LT, Z51, FE4, Black GBA, ZZ3, Black interior with Red seats/red stitch HU0 & 2 tone TU7, E60, J6N, RIK, Q8Q, etc.
            Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada

            Comment


            • #7
              I wonder if that is the update for the errant transmission codes some people were getting.
              2020 C8 Stingray Convertible - Torch Red - Natural Dipped 3LT - Z51 w/MSRC - Front Lift

              Comment


              • #8
                That's right. It's for my fantom CEL!
                An erroneous error that lights the CEL and may say your power is reduced (or something like that)
                So, I went into Staples and let it update and when I came out is said it failed and now it says there are no updates. Serious software issues with this system. (I mean administratively)
                Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
                Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
                3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Murray20c8 View Post
                  That's right. It's for my fantom CEL!
                  An erroneous error that lights the CEL and may say your power is reduced (or something like that)
                  So, I went into Staples and let it update and when I came out is said it failed and now it says there are no updates. Serious software issues with this system. (I mean administratively)
                  Mine went through fine

                  Something about an update to the TCM to stop erroneous error messages?
                  2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
                  Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
                  2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
                  Spectra Grey Tridents.
                  Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post

                    Mine went through fine

                    Something about an update to the TCM to stop erroneous error messages?
                    Yes, I have had 2 CEL's and no code was thrown.
                    When it said I had the update available you can check to see what it's about and I did. I paraphrased as I can't remember exactly what it said.
                    Funny, Now it says no update available most of the time. Sometimes it says can't connect to the network. Maybe I have to drive my car into the living room to get a good connection!
                    Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                    2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
                    Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
                    3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Murray20c8 View Post

                      Yes, I have had 2 CEL's and no code was thrown.
                      When it said I had the update available you can check to see what it's about and I did. I paraphrased as I can't remember exactly what it said.
                      Funny, Now it says no update available most of the time. Sometimes it says can't connect to the network. Maybe I have to drive my car into the living room to get a good connection!
                      Nothing to do with WiFi. Done through "connected services" which still relies on cellular service. Maybe that's weak in your area? Mine was done in a supermarket parking lot.
                      2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
                      Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
                      2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
                      Spectra Grey Tridents.
                      Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post

                        Nothing to do with WiFi. Done through "connected services" which still relies on cellular service. Maybe that's weak in your area? Mine was done in a supermarket parking lot.
                        That's what I thought. I was in a parking lot also, but thought maybe it failed because of no network. But it only seems to check when I have a viable network connection.
                        It's so flakey. I don't get great cellular signals at my place so it could be that.
                        Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                        2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
                        Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
                        3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          You could go into the "system" menu and check the list of updates you have. Possibly it was done successfully, and the "failed" was in error.
                          2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
                          Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
                          2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
                          Spectra Grey Tridents.
                          Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Weird, not a single OTA yet on my car. I've seen a few posted here and nothing. Checked just now and nada.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              The update came up in my car when I was out. I pushed update later. Now that I'm home I'm want to do the update. Does anyone know how I could check to see for the update?

                              Comment

                              MECF_728x90_bottom

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X