Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Corvette Today With Bloomington Gold’s Guy Larsen

On this CORVETTE TODAY podcast, Steve Garrett sits down with Bloomington Gold owner and president Guy Larsen to talk about what happens at a Bloomington Gold event.  Find out why it's so much fun to attend! https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...-Larsen-emm7ua
You'll learn how to get your car judged and certified at Bloomington Gold, Find out what there is to do at this huge Corvette event. And, if you would like to become a judge for Bloomington Gold, you'll hear about that process too.  You don't have to have your Corvette judged at Bloomington Gold to have fun at this event.
Put this Corvette show on your calendar for 2021-find out why by listening to this episode of CORVETTE TODAY.
2 of 4 < >

Welcome To C8Grill Our New Featured Vendor

We are glad to have a wonderful new vendor @ https://c8grills.com/. If you met up with at their place, free installation. And still a secret, sssh, but they are working on another new product that I believe many of you would want coming out fairly soon. WELCOME C8GRILL!
3 of 4 < >

We have started a monthly PHOTO OF THE MONTH CONTEST WITH PRIZE MONEY!

4 of 4 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

BGA Shutting Down For Two Days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BGA Shutting Down For Two Days

Problems with supply out of Mexico. Thanks to our “Old Leadfoot” for first reporting this sad news.

https://www.theusaexpress.com/2020/1...orvette-plant/

Click image for larger version  Name:	EDCB0003-36C0-4A25-B8F0-8F29A2204CFC.jpeg Views:	101 Size:	458.8 KB ID:	206233
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Also in Detroit News but no details anywhere yet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	7E49FEEA-D7C9-4635-A00F-ED55C39024ED.jpeg
Views:	858
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	206244
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Holy ****. Mine was produced yesterday. Just made it under the wire!
      Current: 2020 C8 Z51 3LT Torch Red

Previous: 1992 C4, 1995 C4 2002 C5, 2005 C6, 2010 C6, 2014 C7 Z51

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	111020_15.jpg
Views:	810
Size:	227.4 KB
ID:	206259

Crossposted from CorvetteBlogger.com:

Production of the 2020 Corvette will be halted this Thursday and Friday after the Mexico supply chain has been impacted by new coronavirus restrictions. General Motors sent an alert sent out regarding the production stoppage which has been detailed in a report by The Detroit News [subscription req].

The GM alert says that Mexico has updated its COVID restrictions, which has impacted suppliers in the country. The specific vendors aren’t named, but we do know that the C8 Corvette’s wiring harnesses are among the parts that are made in Mexico.

“Due to a temporary parts supply issue, we can confirm that Bowling Green Assembly will not run production on Thursday, Nov. 12 or Friday, Nov. 13,” said GM spokesman David Barnas to The Detroit News. “We expect to resume normal operations on Monday, Nov. 16. Our supply chain, manufacturing and engineering teams are working closely with our supply base to mitigate any further impact on production.”

This is the second production shut down for the Corvette plant over supplier issues in the last month. The plant was previously closed during the week of October 12th.

“I don’t know what happened down there, something happened to the supply line down there,” said Jack Bowers, president of the UAW Local 2164 representing Bowling Green workers. “But they said we should be good to go next week, start back up Monday full tilt two shifts.”

Production of the 2020 Corvette was expected to wrap by December 7th with the 2021 models starting on December 8th. We’re not sure how this will affect the calendar, so stay tuned!
        Senior Editor and Founder of CorvetteBlogger.com. I drive my dad's 1966 Corvette Sting Ray Convertible and the National Corvette Museum is my personal Graceland.

Comment

Big Dave I’m with you, mine was produced yesterday too👍🏼 Best to those waiting

Comment

Thanks CorvetteBlogger for providing us key details including confirming that is only two days down.

Comment

It's only two days but I feel bad for everybody still waiting.......................
              Torch Red Convertible / adrenaline Red interior, 2LT, Carbon Flash Wheels, Yellow Calipers, Lift, NPP
              Previous Vettes: 82 Collector Edition/ 05 Red Coupe

Comment

Mine was scheduled for Thursday. To be continued

Comment

It’s probably frustrating for the line workers, too
                  Vin # 2539
                  Torch Red LT2 Z51

Comment

On the bright side, no one will get a C8 manufactured on Friday the 13th!
                    Rick, Charlotte, NC
                    Current: 2019 GS, Shadow Grey Metalic, Modified
                    Next: C8 Z06

Comment

And I was scheduled for a Thursday build so I guess it will be next week. I hope.

Comment

Frustrating! Our C8 was to be built Thursday or Friday!
                        2020 3LT Torch Red Z51 HTC, Adrenaline Red Interior w/ two tone seats, MRC, Front Lift, Bright Red Calipers.

Comment

Sorry that happened to you all. Amazing how many MECF members’ C8’s were going to be built this Thursday or Friday. . Glad however that all of yours will be re-scheduled for either Monday or Tuesday.

Comment

This is a good indication of how fragile the supply chain is. The 2021 C8 is in for some very difficult times. My car is scheduled for the week of 11/30.. Worker safety comes first .
                            Black 3LT. Z51 mag ride front lift. black wheels and trim. .... Order status ...in my garage

Comment

I believe several of the Forum members were supposed to have their cars roll off yesterday. Sure hope that happened!!
                              Ceramic Gray Metallic Z51 w/TT interior Spec Grey Wheels

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X