MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

GM Official C8 Sites For Your Convenience And Inquiries

*Build & Price Your C8 with Spreadsheet:https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-msrp-incl-dfc
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide:https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...=21905&type=0#
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c

Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections. Thank you.
See more
See less

Who is planning to buy the front end lift system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tmaxula View Post
    I have a Grand Sport and I don’t hit my front splitter very often. But, I am mindful of it. So, if it is an add, I’m not sure I will opt for it. But, if it’s standard for a 2LT I am sure it will be handy. I do adjust my Porsche Panamera GTS up and down once in a while.
    Just a heads up tje E60 is an option on 2LT and 3LT cars...we are guessing anywhere from 1500 to 2 grand for the option on top of either of the other packages...no 1LT cars can NOT get E60 though...

boo hoo
    Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT VK3 GKZ HTA

Comment

Must have a very high end GPS system to be able use use one.

Comment

Originally posted by RoketRdr View Post

The Ferrari and Lambo systems automatically lower the lift if its activated and the ignition is turned off. Most likely GM will do the same thing. Still lots of unanswered questions on this system as well as how the new electrical architecture works. They're still keeping us in the dark and its time to spill the beans dammit.
        Actually the Lambo- Gallardo has a lift button to activate the lift. It will work if you are traveling less than 40 mph, as in when you approach a driveway apron for a gas station for example. When you turn the car off at the gas station the front end is still raised. It does not deactivate automatically if the car is turned off. After you leave the gas station driveway, you can manually deactivate the lift or it will automatically deactivate once you hit 40 mph. If you are parked and want the lift to deactivate/lower the front end, you have to manually press the lift button to have it drop to normal lower position before turning off the car. Now, the more recent Lambo's may have automatic deployment; the older ones for sure do not.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Cadle View Post
          Must have a very high end GPS system to be able use use one.
          People who are Eurocentric tend to think the japanese or germans are leaders in technology...while in my opinion GM engineers are the best in the world. Not only are their advancements far superior in design and execution their validation process is tested far beyond what almost anyone else in the industry conducts..

Im am sure the gps locator for remember 1000 locations to automatically lift the vehicle is world class.

Comment

We have speed tables around here and gutters are rather steep. I'll be getting that option.

Comment

Visible carbon fiber can 90% not be fixed, and even then, its looks are never the same as before an impact. A visible CF splitter can cost up to $2,000. I know more than a couple of folks who had bad luck and more and are now on their third visible carbon fiber. Even if you buy it aftermarket. It is not inexpensive. That however is only one of my considerations. The biggest one is that there are places I can not get into or out of in my Z06.

With E60 and Z51, I can significantly lower my car, adjusting each corner to perfection, yet not worry. Even if it is expensive (more than $2,000), count me in.
              Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of NCM.

Comment

Originally posted by RoketRdr View Post

The Ferrari and Lambo systems automatically lower the lift if its activated and the ignition is turned off. Most likely GM will do the same thing. Still lots of unanswered questions on this system as well as how the new electrical architecture works. They're still keeping us in the dark and its time to spill the beans dammit.
                I am afraid that is not true. I have had 4 lambos, Gallardo, Murci, Aventador and now Huracan. If you forget to lower it before turning off the ignition, it will stay up. My Gallardo had a leak in the hydraulic lift when I bought it. The dealer disclosed it and it cost close to $6K to fix. I have not had any issues with the other 3. I was told by the mechanic that if it is left in the raised position for extended period of time, it will cause problem.

They will lower automatically once you exceed certain speed usually between 25 to 50 MPH.

What is great about C8 is that the GPS can lower it for you. There are still times that I forget to lower the Lambo and realize it next day or so :-(
                Last edited by N4SPEED; 08-13-2019, 05:27 PM.
                C8, Z51, 3LT, Shadow Gray, Dipped Natural. Status 1100

Comment

Should be interesting to see what the parts cost is for the E60 option through gene culley...i bet whatever gm charges for the option its nowhere near what the individual parts would cost.

that alone makes a gmepp extended warranty a smart play.

Comment

There are six wiring harnesses in the 2020 Stingray. Is anyone is going to start changing out a wiring harness(es) to afterwards retrofit E60? Any parts saving compared to OEM install/purchase might become “parts alone upside down” even if If the labor were free.

As to the initial constraint clumping of several choices/options, might they be based on wiring harness # 1 or # 4 or “?” dependent on whether other major options such as Z51 and magnetic ride were also chosen,

Comment

Interesting the choices are down to wiring harness being chosen for the application of options ..

this is like a treasure hunt..

thanks John.

Comment

Originally posted by N4SPEED View Post

I am afraid that is not true. I have had 4 lambos, Gallardo, Murci, Aventador and now Huracan. If you forget to lower it before turning off the ignition, it will stay up. My Gallardo had a leak in the hydraulic lift when I bought it. The dealer disclosed it and it cost close to $6K to fix. I have not had any issues with the other 3. I was told by the mechanic that if it is left in the raised position for extended period of time, it will cause problem.

They will lower automatically once you exceed certain speed usually between 25 to 50 MPH.

What is great about C8 is that the GPS can lower it for you. There are still times that I forget to lower the Lambo and realize it next day or so :-(
                        Yes, true.
                        Thanks for the reminder on lowering the lift.

Comment

Perhaps the C8’s system which is only operative to 24 MPH, automatically lowers itself as speed above 24 MPH and perhaps also after a specific time period after the motor has been turned?

Comment

2" seems like a very modest amount of lift.
                            I'll probably still get it though.

Comment

Originally posted by LightningBolt View Post
                              2" seems like a very modest amount of lift.
                              I'll probably still get it though.
                              I understand, and it is only really only 1.6 inches.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X