MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Tremec TR-9007 DCT For The C8? C7’s Ending & C8’s Beginnings: Possible Options. ME’s Infotainment System Capabilities and Components

2 of 2 < >

Wish To Change Your Forum Name? Bob Lutz on C8 vs C7 Pricing; ME’s LT2 Engine Technology Enhancments!

It is easy to change your forum name. Retain your post count. Please PM “John.”
Chazcron’s Renders of Today:https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...w-gif-and-ones
C8 Just A Little More: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...on-for-version
See more
See less

Who is planning to buy the front end lift system?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mobius View Post
    I think I'll be getting it, especially if it also allows you to lower the car below the normal ride height.
    Exactly! I will be getting it but who knows it may be standard on the performance version of the car when it is made available. Have had several vehicles that do that--all German.

Comment

Playboy, you make a really good point, for replacing the smaller GM flexible splitter is around $125, whereas the carbon fiber GM ones are many times that, going to a couple of thousand.
      Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A ME C8 Corvette is coming next.

Comment

I definitely want that option if available. My C7 has the "flexible splitter" and I've managed to ding it up. I actually bought two of them because I knew it would happen with the dang angles on the parking lots around here .

My 308 has the euro spoiler (deep one) and I've had to replace it thanks to a horrid bank parking lot transition. I couldn't avoid it (long story) and I had to end up buying a whole new valance and have it painted ... ugh!

Comment

One of the nice things that pioneered in 2016 was the cameras in the front grille (though not on 1LT’s); it is a fantastic avoidance tool for “end of space” curbs. However, it does almost nothing or nothing when there sharply raised speed bumps and driveway aprons, and conversely major dips. We have seen that the ME also has the same camera grille system, but even so, I would be springing for the FALS if available.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A ME C8 Corvette is coming next.

Comment

Just found jagamajajaran’s picture of the ME having front grille cameras. Thanks Jag.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BA215BFB-0644-4096-93C0-53BFA4684BA1.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	20698

Comment

A front axle lift system if available for me too. Thank you jagamajajaran for that picture capture. Good news.

Comment

I am going to be in the performance camp on this one-if it doesn’t provide some performance inhancement then I’ll skip it.

I have the stage 3 on my Z and it has been ok-but not perfect-still have to pay attention before commiting to certain entries. Had to load on a flatbed on time and that only dragged very slightly. It’s like GM knew I would need to flatbed it.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                  Just found jagamajajaran’s picture of the ME having front grille cameras. Thanks Jag.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BA215BFB-0644-4096-93C0-53BFA4684BA1.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	20698
                  So you think the 2Lt will have front cameras and that they are worth having?

is that so you dont hit the concrete parking blocks in parking lots?

Comment

I'm in for a front end lift system, gotta get up into the driveway...

Comment

Originally posted by JBsC6 View Post

So you think the 2Lt will have front cameras and that they are worth having?

is that so you dont hit the concrete parking blocks in parking lots?
                      It is worth it to us (and my OEM splitter remains intact). Many times when I am alone, I park where I believe I should, to get out and decide, I really should move it up further to give those in opposing spaces more room for them to get out without backing into our car — and I get back in and do so.

To many however, the 2LT package option is definitely not worth it.

However, I think that we could well see some different ME option packages, and components, so as is obvious, we are all going to have to make decisions when its package and standalone options are known.

Comment

Thanks for the valuable insight guys...

im not sure about the cameras and i think I ll do the front end lift system if its reasonable and available.

Comment

Just my feeling - The Base should be designed to be a daily driver and should not be hitting normal driveways and or speed bumps. If it does then it is a extremely poor design. For the higher performance models with splitters and more aero I can accept that it have that option and worth every penny they charge for it.
                          Rocket City Florida

Comment

mclaren video including the lift towards the end...

looks like something to consider buying for avoiding speed bump crashes
                            Last edited by John; 12-28-2018, 11:54 AM. Reason: Moved into this post for easier viewing.

Comment

The Porsche is even simpler to activate (one switch). For those who want to go right to the part about the FALS, it starts at 10:10 into the video. Thank you JB!

Comment

Porsche’s FALS in operation:

Thank you JBsC6.
                                Last edited by C8Driving; 12-28-2018, 12:10 PM.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X