Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Corvette Today With Bloomington Gold’s Guy Larsen

On this CORVETTE TODAY podcast, Steve Garrett sits down with Bloomington Gold owner and president Guy Larsen to talk about what happens at a Bloomington Gold event.  Find out why it's so much fun to attend! https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...-Larsen-emm7ua
You'll learn how to get your car judged and certified at Bloomington Gold, Find out what there is to do at this huge Corvette event. And, if you would like to become a judge for Bloomington Gold, you'll hear about that process too.  You don't have to have your Corvette judged at Bloomington Gold to have fun at this event.
Put this Corvette show on your calendar for 2021-find out why by listening to this episode of CORVETTE TODAY.
2 of 4 < >

Welcome To C8Grill Our New Featured Vendor

We are glad to have a wonderful new vendor @ https://c8grills.com/. If you met up with at their place, free installation. And still a secret, sssh, but they are working on another new product that I believe many of you would want coming out fairly soon. WELCOME C8GRILL!
3 of 4 < >

We have started a monthly PHOTO OF THE MONTH CONTEST WITH PRIZE MONEY!

4 of 4 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

‘21 C8 Allocations: Unison Chirping Has Started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1963sccamember View Post
    John Thanks again for confirmation of all 3000's being built. We all know that but you confirming it makes us all feel better.
    I sure understand. I would be feeling the same if I were in the 3000 status group. This confirming info came from the absolute most impeccable internal source and there was no equivocation, no hesitation, no doubt on this person’s part.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
      Once again IMO the December 8th date for the start of 2021 customer production makes no sense arithmetically, for as Murray20c8’s chart shows that at current pace the last of the status 3000, 2020’s — at the average pace they have been building them this last week, will be completed about three hours before the regular end of 2nd shift on December 17th.

Could GM however sustain 186 C8 completed per day? If so, then there will be some days available to start customer 2021’s early the week of December 14th. Yesterday was a good day of 185 production, but that is an outlier in the last five previous days of production when the daily average was 172 vehicles per day.
      And I filled out the SS with those numbers (11.6 cars per hour per BG Manager) and they will still fall short.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture 1.JPG
Views:	601
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	204835
      Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
      2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
      Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
      3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

So this may be common knowledge to most of you but it's going to help a few. it's my understanding today consensus was given to dealerships, to define, that is the number they are to expect of allocations to receive during the 1st cycle of the 2021 Corvette. next Thursday or some other date near by the actual allocations will be given that will allow a dealership to match your 1100 order to an allocation.
        3lt, zeus bronze z51, mag ride Front lift with memory Battery Protection Package Edge Red-painted calipers Performance exhaust Carbon Flash-painted aluminum wheels Rocker panel extensions in Black Carbon Flash Metallic-painted mirrors Black seat belt color GT2 bucket seat Illuminated door sill plates with Stingray logo Full Length Dual Racing Stripe Package, Carbon Flash Metallic ENGINE APPEARANCE PACKAGE

Comment

Originally posted by Ldstoy94 View Post
          So this may be common knowledge to most of you but it's going to help a few. it's my understanding today consensus was given to dealerships, to define, that is the number they are to expect of allocations to receive during the 1st cycle of the 2021 Corvette. next Thursday or some other date near by the actual allocations will be given that will allow a dealership to match your 1100 order to an allocation.
          Not expected. It's a hard number. Next thursday and the following thursday they will be asked to match an allocation to an order. Then that is 2000 status and can't (normally) be changed.
          Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
          2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
          Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
          3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

Originally posted by Murray20c8 View Post

And I filled out the SS with those numbers (11.6 cars per hour per BG Manager) and they will still fall short.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture 1.JPG
Views:	601
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	204835
            Thank Murray20c8. Your charts continue to show why December 8th is not going to be the start of 2021 C8 customer car unless conditions change with such things as a few Saturday overtime production days AND sustained daily production numbers in at least the low 180’s and if I did the math, probably more like 183+ average.
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Any other confirmations that all dealers got their Q1 consensus today? Small local dealer is helpful, but says they are expecting it next week and haven't seen it yet...

Where/how is a dealer notified of their consensus? Through GMGlobalConnect? Workbench?
              Upcoming: 2021 HTC Z51 Elkhart Lake Blue, Status 4300
              Current: 2001 911 Turbo Coupe, 2014 911 Turbo S

Comment

My local "smaller" dealer is expecting to hear in the next few days. My local "bigger" dealer has not replied to my inquiry as of yet.
                '21 C8 HTC- on order, Red Mist, Z51, GT2 in Jet Black, FE4, D84, E60, Q8T,

Comment

My medium sized dealer did get their numbers today. He asked for my final build choices.
                  Current: 2016 Z06 Arctic White
                  Next: Rapid Blue Coupe, 2LT, Z51, Black Trident Wheels, Deposit placed July '20.

Comment

John, did your birdies say how long GM is going to build the 2021's. That might help determine how many cars the dealers will get in the first three months.
                    Last edited by Red C-8 of Jax; 11-05-2020, 04:16 PM.

Comment

I never trust when it comes to vehicle’s option. Five decades ago a new vehicle we customer ordered was delivered with the wrong option (I did not know to check the ordering sheets then). Then as late as three decades ago the same thing happened, though the dealer stood up and said, “I know you did not order this upgrade but it is now here; we will reduce the final price you get that option for free. Lesson learned.

My wife now reads our original paper created list out loud and I check off each option on the computer sheet to insure it was not missed there. Then I do the reverse. We check and re-check and then re-check again to insure what we are getting is just what we want!
                      Real life example. I originally ordered the Natural Dipped interior, which includes Natural seat belts at no charge, and at the last minute changed it to the Natural interior, for which Natural seat belts are an extra charge. Both the dealer and I failed to delete the Natural seat belts when we changed the interior code, so I ended up paying whatever it was ($350?) extra for the seat belts. Not a big deal, but it is definitely worth checking the printout.
                      Convertible delivered 9/11/20 — Long Beach Red/Natural, 3LT, Z51, FE4 Suspension, E60 Front Lift, FA5 Carbon Fiber Trim, Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents, 5ZZ High Wing, D84 Carbon Flash Top & Nacelles, ZYC Carbon Flash Mirrors, 3N9 Tan Belts, VQK Splash Guards.

Comment

Your charts continue to show why December 8th is not going to be the start of 2021
                        Correct, In order to complete all MY2020's by the 8th, adding all 6 double shift saturdays they would have to make 182.2 cars per day. If they didn't add those Saturdays, they would have to make make 236.9 cars per day. You also notice that the MurraySheet puts 0 on the 18th. I agree, I can't see them building cars the day before everyone struts out the door.
                        It's a pretty safe bet the first MY2021 is actually going to be built in the year 2021 ... what a concept!
                        2021 Coupe, AYellow,z51,Mag,2LT,JetBlk,GT2,LIft,Dual RoofTransparent Deposit:4/2020 Status:3300 TPW 2/1/2021

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre View Post
                          You also notice that the MurraySheet puts 0 on the 18th. I agree, I can't see them building cars the day before everyone struts out the door.
                          It's a pretty safe bet the first MY2021 is actually going to be built in the year 2021 ... what a concept!
                          I politely disagree. Why would they not continue building cars? Cars have to be on the production line at every station for the assembly workers to have any work to do. Trying to shut down the line to zero cars on the line and then starting it back up again from zero would be much more difficult than just stopping the line, taking the Christmas break, and coming back and continue where they left off. Like they do every weekend. Not to mention that GM is in the business of selling cars, that would be hundreds of lost sales. I predict that the first production 2021 C8 will be on the line immediately following the last 2020. They should get a few 2021s finished this year.

Comment

According to Corvette Blogger; GM sent a memo to dealerships that 2021 production starts on 8th!!!

https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2020...ted-next-week/
                            Ordering?! 1st C8 Stingray
                            2021 HTC, 3LT, GUI Zeus Bronze, HZN Natural Dipped, E60 Front Lift, FE2 Mag Ride, NPP Exhaust, Q8P silver wheels, 3N9 Tan belt, AH2 G2 seat, FA5 Carbon Fiber trim, BV4 and more!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hesham View Post
                              According to Corvette Blogger; GM sent a memo to dealerships that 2021 production starts on 8th!!!
                              We are suggesting that that is bad information. They can’t finish the 2020s by then. 2021s will likely start at the end of the week of 12/14, probably on the 17th or 18th.

Comment

Originally posted by Hesham View Post

https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2020...ted-next-week/
                                Originally posted by 16falcon View Post

We are suggesting that that is bad information. They can’t finish the 2020s by then. 2021s will likely start at the end of the week of 12/14, probably on the 17th or 18th.
                                Unless GM is planning lots of overtime, the 8th won't happen.
                                SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                                >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X