Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

SGTMAJ USMC AUTO & TOY HAULER Joins MECF As A Featured Forum Vendor.

Welcome to SGTMAJ USMC USMC AUTO & TOY HAULER! We are so happy to have you now join us as a MECF Featured Forum Vendor. We can not wait to help your new business grow. We know you will provide a great transport service to our members and others!
2 of 3 < >

Z06 Potential Patents

As we get ready for the Z06’s debut sometime in the next year, IMO time to brush up on the 23 GM C8 patents — many of which are Z06 potentials: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...alized-patents
See more
See less

‘21 C8 Allocations: Unison Chirping Has Started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ‘21 C8 Allocations: Unison Chirping Has Started

1st consensus is one week from tomorrow (12th) according to not just the usual sources, but a larger flock. Must be that lots of birdies all want to sing in unison before they take winter shelter.

Click image for larger version  Name:	5EE2F108-F870-41D0-81A3-B1466F9DEDD0.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	636.6 KB ID:	204661

We strongly believe that next Thursday the 2021 magic begins, though we know that GM can change at any time so not yet 100% for sure, but close to that level. Dealers will get their first three months allocations, but again whether they are sib-divided out equally for each of the three months or not, and/or whether they are even sub-divided this first month into two consensus as was done several times during the 2020 model year, is not yet known.

But to start down the road next Thursday with dealers taking their first week consensus hard number and matching with the top of their internal priority customer lists is exciting to be sure (even for those of us who already have our C8’s).

So far we know of zero constraints. May that be the way this model year initiates. Could be that the dealers learn their hard initial numbers as soon as tomorrow (Thursday). So what does a dealer with say 8 allocations the first consensus do? They call their first eight customers and first insure that they want to proceed right now. If anyone says, “hold,” then that dealer goes to their next person on their list until they have the exact number all in for next Thursday initial consensus as they have allocations. Here each dealer does it different as to specifics but during these initial or follow up conversations they agree with the customer every exact option and color.

​​​​
    Smart dealers prepare a WorkBench computer print out of those ordered items and send it to their customers, requiring their customers to literally sign their name and “accepted as per above” on that sheet and return it to the salesperson. Smart customers in turn IF they do not get such a list, politely require their dealer to print it out, send it to them and sign/return it. This process protects both the dealership and the customers for now there is an immutable written record of what is being ordered, signed off and agreed to by both parties. Having been at this for many decades I am no longer surprised when either party has revisionist memories when a Corvette arrives many, many months later. IMO most but far from all “changed memory” option codes are on the part of the customer, i.e., I ordered X seat belts not Y.

Here’s to a great 2021 rollout!
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

In Roman times, when the Gladiators were about to commence fighting, Its rumored that Caesar would say “Let the games begin”. As both a tribute and out of respect to those who’ve ordered or are ordering a 2021 C8, I say thus; LET THE (waiting) GAMES BEGIN! 😃 Postscript: as in the waiting game.

May the roads that lead to your C8 be as smooth as the NAPA Suede on your to be C8.
    Last edited by hogyld; 11-04-2020, 10:10 PM.
    07/01/20 Deposit @ VanBortels on 2021 C8 Coupe; 08/01/20 Prelim Order Status 1100; 01/21/21 Final Order Status 2000; 01/27/21 Status 3000; 03/06/21 Status 3300 (TPW 03/22/21); 03/16/21 Status 3400; 03/22/21 Status 3800; 03/23/21 Status 4B00; 03/26/21 Status 4D00: Status 4200; 04/02/21; 04/06/21 Status 5000; 2LT Coupe; GMO; DSZ; Q8Q; HTA; AQ9; E60; FE2; NPP; ERI

”I’m not the best in town, but I’m the best, until the best comes around“

Comment

I can hardly wait

Comment

I have to fill out a purchase order all over again? I already went through the 50 questions on what I was ordering with the dealer back in August, sent all my paperwork in and another deposit. Your saying I have to do this again for the "WorkBench"? I signed and agreed to the purchase order.
        2021 Elkhart Lake Blue coupe, 2LT, Front lift, Chrome Ext. Badge package, mag ride, performance exhaust. Feb 2020 refundable deposit to get on dealer allocation list, Aug 2020 signed a PO with dealer and paid non-refundable deposit.

Comment

Originally posted by BillieBlue21 View Post
          I have to fill out a purchase order all over again? I already went through the 50 questions on what I was ordering with the dealer back in August, sent all my paperwork in and another deposit. Your saying I have to do this again for the "WorkBench"? I signed and agreed to the purchase order.
          Your salesman SHOULD still have that information to enter into workbench. It's possible he already has. But you should make sure that he sends you a copy of the workbench order so that you can verify he entered everything correctly. There have been cases where dealers accidently left some option(s) the buyer wanted off the order.

You and he could have verified everything by phone or email, but if he makes one mistake putting the data into Workbench you could end up with yellow seat belts instead of red, or no front lift when you really wanted it. No matter how much you like or trust your salesperson, there's a good adage to follow:

Trust and verify.
          Last edited by meyerweb; 11-04-2020, 08:20 PM.
          Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3300, TWP 5/17: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

I never trust when it comes to vehicle’s option. Five decades ago a new vehicle we customer ordered was delivered with the wrong option (I did not know to check the ordering sheets then). Then as late as three decades ago the same thing happened, though the dealer stood up and said, “I know you did not order this upgrade but it is now here; we will reduce the final price you get that option for free. Lesson learned.

My wife now reads our original paper created list out loud and I check off each option on the computer sheet to insure it was not missed there. Then I do the reverse. We check and re-check and then re-check again to insure what we are getting is just what we want!
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

BRING IT ... I'm More than Ready, I'm Beyond Ready

[2021 2LT-Z51-HTC-Red Mist-Carbon Flash Nacelles-Mirrors-Spoiler][GT2 Sky Cool Grey 2-Tone Torch Red Belts][E60 - FE4 - RC8]
              1st Deposit June 18th 2020 to 2nd Depost April 17th 2021 = 304 Days
              [Current Corvette 1999 C5 Z51 Magnetic Red Coupe]

Comment

You're way ahead of me ... I just sent an email with my options.
                [2021 2LT-Z51-HTC-Red Mist-Carbon Flash Nacelles-Mirrors-Spoiler][GT2 Sky Cool Grey 2-Tone Torch Red Belts][E60 - FE4 - RC8]

Comment

Originally posted by Plentyfast View Post

You're way ahead of me ... I just sent an email with my options.
                  I got a call to make sure I was still interested in late August. I sent my dealer an email with everything I wanted. He turned that into a purchase order and emailed back to me. I checked the purchase order, signed it and emailed it back with all the other paperwork they requested and wired them a second deposit. First deposit was to get on the "wait list". I'm not hearing about anyone doing that on this forum. My dealer is one of the top dealers.
                  2021 Elkhart Lake Blue coupe, 2LT, Front lift, Chrome Ext. Badge package, mag ride, performance exhaust. Feb 2020 refundable deposit to get on dealer allocation list, Aug 2020 signed a PO with dealer and paid non-refundable deposit.

Comment

I got a call to make sure I was still interested in late August. I sent my dealer an email with everything I wanted. He turned that into a purchase order and emailed back to me. I checked the purchase order, signed it and emailed it back with all the other paperwork they requested and wired them a second deposit. First deposit was to get on the "wait list". I'm not hearing about anyone doing that on this forum. My dealer is one of the top dealers.
                    I guess Mike Furman doesn’t operate that way. He said he’ll contact me after about a 10 mounts wait for my allocation, then we’ll go line-by-line for my order. Since that was June 18th 2020, I guess I won’t be hearing from him until April of 2021.

Bring on the Spring ... while I’m sitting around watching the leaves fall 😂

Comment

The average customer changes his Corvette order mega times. Then some more. We were positive we had our C8 100% figured out. Met with Mike in his office and all was said and done. I told Mike there would be no changes, that we have thought it through very carefully. That was until we then made four changes, one major.

There are many disadvantages IMO to get things done far ahead of time. And given GM’s system of not weighting at all any order placed ahead of another one, not 1/1000% of an iota, quite a few disadvantages for doing it early. Mike and many other dealers choose to enter orders close to when they head to a consensus, when with that specific allocation saved for that customer, he and Mike create the order — still in plenty of time to insure it gets properly picked up.

I will bet that I have had ten friends (all members here who got their C8 from Mike who I referred to him. After that each one of the ten contacted me more than a few times saying,(whining), “ have not yet heard from Mike; has he forgotten about me?” Everyone is now driving their C8 and each has chosen to reach back to me and tell me that Mike’s handling of their order (other than they wished he had held their hands more times along the way) was perfect.

Every dealer/salesperson has their style. Mike’s closing in on 5000 Corvette sales, mega times all others in GM history, with over 75% of his customers being repeat one and more than half of the new ones being referrals from his past customers, speaks for itself IMO.

Comment

I build the car in the build and price site. verify it is correct by building it a second time. I then note the price. First thing I looked at when I got the workbench order was whether the price matched. It's not fool proof as it won't stop a color mistake, but it is a good way to start the review process.
                        2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods. Gone, but not forgotten

Comment

That is a good check method.

Comment

The BEST way to STOP me from Tweaking my order ... is to ENTER THE ORDER

It ain’t DONE until the HOT Lady Sings

GIT-R-DONE

Comment

#42 at MacMulkin with updated order already in hand. Waiting for the call.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X