MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

FOLLOW THIS FORUM RULE!

All shall follow this forum rule:

“11. Do not post URL links to any product or service that is offered by a forum vendor. Exception: If the product or service you wish to link is one that you know is not offered by a forum supporting vendor, you may post that link. Examples of the latter could include tools, common products like duct/electrical tape, motor oil, and/or providers of specialized upgrade, maintenance or repair services.”

You may use a non forum business name, posting such as, “I buy at Joe’s” but again may not post a link to nor a URL of Joe’s.
See more
See less

No ME sightings in almost a month!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No ME sightings in almost a month!

Remember all the sightings of the mid-engine Corvettes just a month ago? It's like they have disappeared!

Our last sighting came around June 20th when a couple MEs were spotted in Virginia:

http://www.corvetteblogger.com/2018/...irginia-hotel/

No recent sightings on YouTube or social media have been confirmed since then despite the cars testing in South Florida and Detroit.

Our Detroit Bureau says he has hasn't spotted one recently either after multiple sightings in May. The Motor City has been a target-rich environment for sightings.

Some have also speculated that the cars have ceased testing following the mechanical issues that one ME suffered in Florida and required a tow:

http://www.corvetteblogger.com/2018/...eeds-jump-tow/

That happened back on June 10th and we saw the C8s for just another week or so before they disappeared.

It's been nearly a month now so we post this in hopes that our dry spell will end soon! If the mid-engines are really 2020 Corvettes, it's just a matter of time before they hit the roads again!

Click image for larger version  Name:	061218_18b.jpg Views:	1 Size:	35.0 KB ID:	2044
    Senior Editor and Founder of CorvetteBlogger.com. I drive my dad's 1966 Corvette Sting Ray Convertible and the National Corvette Museum is my personal Graceland.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	2066 Or possibly they have taken to the air.
    Last edited by Frenzy36; 07-16-2018, 11:12 PM.
    Rocket City Florida

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	2068 What about the water?
      Last edited by Frenzy36; 07-16-2018, 11:13 PM.
      Rocket City Florida

Comment

With 132 miles at Milford Proving Ground and 40 more at GM’s Yuma facility (inside of a military base having a no-fly-zone), perhaps they are still testing like like mad within those two places. Also, I keep hearing of “night time driving”.

Or maybe they have completely stopped testing as a result of testing issues — as CorvetteBlogger has asked?

Lots of questions, but no definitive answers.

Amazing that the Yuma and the Milford facilities have of the following track testing options. (Source: Wiki)Click image for larger version  Name:	A31DB79B-6F60-4BF7-8E7C-01199A196AB8.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	421.3 KB ID:	2073 all

Click image for larger version  Name:	E2C847B3-EA02-4B66-ADA5-272FEA7DC4A3.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	763.6 KB ID:	2072
        Last edited by John; 07-16-2018, 11:11 PM.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
        Working...
        X