Our C8 “Slot Car!”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our C8 “Slot Car!”

We went for another spirited, curvy, Corvette cornering country drive today and not that we had ever “lost that loving feeling,” but the C8’s having its center of gravity at our hips made every highly spirited corner feel like we were in a slot car.

The glorious driving feelings/experiences in our C8 just keep on a coming...

Click image for larger version

Name:	37886AE8-1727-4836-A4FD-4B30AA0D3132.jpeg
Views:	3041
Size:	2.24 MB
ID:	202281

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Glad you're enjoying that beautiful C8 John. Nice country out there in Oregon. I've got 3,200 miles of smiles on mine. These C8's love to carve up the twisties.

Comment

Our C8 is the eighth mid engined car we have owned. Welcome to the club, there is a difference. Now, about that extra 100 horsepower the car really needs to be totally perfect
      3LT Long Beach Red , Z51, FE4 , ZZ3, Black interior ,38S red stitching, Q8T, FA5, ER1, CFX, and R8C

Comment

John, your C8 looks stunning! Love that look and what a great picture... 😍😎
        Marc

Comment

That's a great looking car. Glad you are enjoying the ride. I agree, the center of gravity placement gives a whole different feel to cornering and feels like it is really gripping into the turns.
          2020 C8, Elkhart Lake Blue, Sky Cool Gray, LT2, Z51, GT2 Seats, FE4 mag ride, nose lift, performance exhaust, carbon flash wheels. Loving it!

Comment

Beautiful ride. Love the accessories add on features. Quite a l👀ker 👍👍
            Arctic White 2LT, G8G, HUL, F9, AH2, 5ZZ, E60, STI, SHW J6F, Q8Q, RCC, Z51, ZYC.

Comment

John, your black Stingray looks great. I can see that you are really enjoying the nice Oregon weather now!

Comment

Yesterday was a fantastic day for carving up the curvy, country roads out here in Oregon.

The "slot car" sensation in the corners is something that I will never get tired of.

I can't ever see going back to a front engine car. Zora was right!

Comment

Wow, beautiful car john, looks like a blast. Hey, I notice you still have paper tags? & it says TAGS none on your signature page. Am I missing something?

Comment

The handling is my favorite thing about the car. I'm sure there's some body lean, but it doesn't feel like it. It's almost as if the car already knows your intended path and just goes there. Very predictable and solid feeling.

Comment

Very true and as a result really easy to drive spiritedly. Very linear handling in my book at 7/10’s country driving.
                      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Fasttoys View Post
                        Wow, beautiful car john, looks like a blast. Hey, I notice you still have paper tags? & it says TAGS none on your signature page. Am I missing something?
                        The State of Oregon DMV is so behind due to Covid. The paper tags on the back window say “Expire: Feb.15, 2021.” We have a custom vanity plates being made. Perhaps that is the why the paper tags were issued for so long a time frame.

We do have a valid, matching registration form in the glove box to show LEO’s if/when necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Racer86 View Post
                          Our C8 is the eighth mid engined car we have owned. Welcome to the club, there is a difference. Now, about that extra 100 horsepower the car really needs to be totally perfect
                          I see you need a Z06!
                          Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                          2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
                          Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
                          3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

I've never had a car that handles the way the C8 does. I wish someone would handle me that way (DId I say that out loud?)
                            Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                            2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
                            Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
                            3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

John,

Looking forward to catching up with you on the curvy roads if/when our LBR, Convertible, Z51, Mag ride, 2LT, High spoiler gets here!!
                              2020 LBR HTC 2LT Z51 Magnetic ride, NPP Exhuast, 2 tone natural/black interior, high wing spoiler, Black Trident wheels, Carbon flash full length Ordered 2/15/2020 Built 9/11/2020 Shipped 10/7/202 Arrived 11/2/2020 In the garage

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X