Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Corvette Today’s News That “Corvette Fever” Returns

Corvette Fever magazine has not been published for a while. But Alan Colvin, a walking encyclopedia of GM cars as well as Corvette, has purchased the rights to Corvette Fever and has revived this publication! https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...-Colvin-euvkq2. Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, visits with Alan to talk about the books he's written on Corvette and other GM products, his history with the old Corvette Fever magazine and how he plans to revive the publication. Plus, listen to this podcast and register to win one of 3-two year subscriptions to Corvette Fever that we're giving away exclusively on this episode! Listen to this CORVETTE TODAY podcast and win a subscription to Corvette Fever magazine!!!
2 of 4 < >

SGTMAJ USMC AUTO & TOY HAULER Joins MECF As A Featured Forum Vendor.

Welcome to SGTMAJ USMC USMC AUTO & TOY HAULER! We are so happy to have you now join us as a MECF Featured Forum Vendor. We can not wait to help your new business grow. We know you will provide a great transport service to our members and others!
3 of 4 < >

Z06 Potential Patents

As we get ready for the Z06’s debut sometime in the next year, IMO time to brush up on the 23 GM C8 patents — many of which are Z06 potentials: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...alized-patents
See more
See less

POLL: ME C8 Reveal Current Thinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POLL: ME C8 Reveal Current Thinking

We are all fascinated as to when the mid engine C8 will be revealed. GM Authority just said, “we can confirm a major auto show will not star the debut of the highly anticipated sports car. Instead, look for the mid-engine Corvette to have its own standalone reveal.”

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2018/12/...#ixzz5aR33UoIx

Without taking anything away from their breaking news which I believe it literally and factually accurate, if as General Motors has done several times, most recently in November, 2017 for the ZR1’s reveal, GM were to again hold a private reveal at a non-auto show facility a day before the actual press days of the official show event were to start, both GM Authority would be correct and the “vast auto aficionados” world (us), would still in our minds think of that specific auto show being the location where the C8 was revealed. Having a private GM reveal a day before a major auto show started, would be exactly what GM Authority reported, e.g., “Corvette to have its own standalone reveal.

Why? Because 1) the number invited to that ZR1 private GM Corvette reveal (a little less than 500 including roughly 150 members of automedia, 2) the number with press passes for that LA show’s pre-public press days were around1,000, yet 3) those numbers pailed in comparison to the public in attendance at that 2017 LA show, e.g., approximately 1,000,000.

Knowing us, we are not going to take anything short of an official General Motors official announcement as gospel, though that GM Authority article did again re-raise one extremely valid option that we had earlier discussed, yet most had preliminarily dismissed, e.g., its being revealed at other than a “traditional car show” event, for example at the Indy 500, 24 Hours LeMans race, Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance.

Let’s see where we are at this time regarding our thoughts on where the reveal would probably be:
    January 15th+ NAIAS Detroit Auto Show
    0%
    March 7th+ Geneva Auto Show
    0%
    March 8th-10th Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance
    0%
    April 17th+ New York Auto Show
    48.84%
    April 25th NCM BASH
    20.93%
    May 26th Indy 500 Race Weekend
    9.30%
    June 15th/16th 24 Hours LeMans Race
    2.33%
    August 18th/19th Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance
    4.65%
    November 22nd+ LA Automobility/AutoShow
    4.65%
    Other (if so, please below specify)
    9.30%
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Full disclosure...I am one of the votes above for the Bash being the reveal. That is more of a selfish wish than any kind of an educated guess. I will be at the Bash and I probably won't be able to attend some of these other events. Having said that - I doubt that GM wants to hold off that long, but I also feel that the Anniversary Celebration in August at the Corvette Museum would be a great opportunity to show case the LONG awaited and much discussed C8 ME. With the Caravan coming into this event there will be 1000s of Corvette minded people available for the glimpse that they have been waiting for. I know that it won't be the huge media platform that people are thinking that GM wants. But, everyone who is in attendance has had their butt in a Corvette or wish/want to. The transport of the secret car across the street also makes for an easy logistic move. Private showings could also be scheduled using whatever parameters were felt to be in the best interest of building the suspense.

Just say'n.

Comment

i figure reveal in new york then they bring it to the bash for actual corvette buyers to see up close with possible test drives etc.

Comment

They have, thankfully, when a new Corvette has been revealed in New York, also had a couple of that model at the BASH.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I literally have no idea.....

Comment

Big anniversary coming up at the NCM...I vote for that.

Comment

Rez1, I like your thinking, for that is an amazing idea, having it co-junct with the end of the 2019 National Corvette Caravan which arrives at the National Corvette Museum on August 28th, thus starting the three day, National Corvette Musem’s 25th Anniversary Celebration.

Comment

I will be on the 2019 caravan, arriving at the Museum in time for the 25th Anniversary. That would be a wonderful combination of events.

Comment

December 25th 2020......At an exclusive event on Zora Duntov's Birthday.....Or, June 30th......the date the first corvette rolled off the assembly line in Flint Michigan in 1953.....oh, and if so it will be Polo White with red interior.....

Comment

Welcome major banjo! Glad you joined us. June 30th would be an especially good date for the very reason you noted. Thank you, for I did not know that Zora was born on Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by JBsC6 View Post
                      I literally have no idea.....
                      Truer words have never been spoken!

Comment

It will be the 2019 Indy Pace Car. Just don't turn off the nanny controls and avoid the wall

Comment

The electrical issue may figure into this I went the latest date on my vote. GM will want to have the issues resolved to avoid any reveal being viewed as "damaged goods" as they say. Roll this out and have the press talking about yes it looks good if they can make it run reliably with the yet to be finished electrical system comments. That in my view would not be a good thing to have a cloud over the flagship performance vehicle right from the start.

Comment

If the reveal is to come this spring I believe it will be at the New York Auto Show. There will be more media exposure in New York than would be at the NCM Bash. And, of course, the more media exposure, the greater the opportunity for C8 sales. I also believe that IF the C8 is revealed in New York, it will, most likely, be at the NCM Bash. Pure speculation, but it seems to line up.

Comment

I like your scenario, and every time in the past that Corvette has been revealed at the NYAS, there have been a couple of that exact model at the BASH 9whether a week or four weeks later than the New York show). Let us hope for a NYAS reveal!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X