MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Special Tadge Juechter On Corvette Today Podcast Now

Steve Garrett has the honor of talking to Corvette's Executive Chief Engineer, Tadge Juechter on CORVETTE TODAY!  https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...60a01_h0PwqXjw

Tadge talks about how he started working at GM, what his first job was for the company, his path to success and how he attained his current position. Then Steve and Tadge trace his time with the C4, C5 and C6.  You'll learn how the C7 almost became the mid-engine Corvette!  Tadge talks about how the true mid-engine car we know today was being developed while the C7 was coming to market! Next Tadge takes a deep dive into the development and product launch of the current C8 Corvette. He talks about how the Corvette team attained the buy-in for GM executives to build the car, the research and architecture of the C8 and the future of this mid-engine marvel.

Tell your friends, stop what you're doing right now and check out this outstanding episode of CORVETTE TODAY with Executive Chief Engineer, Tadge Juechter!

https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett (listen to all CORVETTE TODAY podcasts)

CorvetteToday.ck.page (sign up for email updates here)
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

C8 Vetteparts Online Front Inlet/Full Installation Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Vetteparts Online Front Inlet/Full Installation Video

Good evening all,
    I just posted a new installation video on YouTube, once I finish the intro it goes live from start to finish. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for your support!
    Rich
    Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger. C8 VIN 00336 built on 2/10/20 - Delivered 3/18/20 C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

Thank you Rich. I am glad mine are heading to me in the “mail” at this time. I can not wait to install them and “save” my AC and heat exchangers.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Thank you so much John, I really appreciate your support!
      Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger. C8 VIN 00336 built on 2/10/20 - Delivered 3/18/20 C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

Comment

Has anyone tried the Front Grill covers from Customcargrills llc? They are offered on Amazon for $89.00.

Comment

Originally posted by kcclark66204 View Post
          Has anyone tried the Front Grill covers from Customcargrills llc? They are offered on Amazon for $89.00.
          It's totally not the same product? You can buy cheap Keds or Nike Air's.

These CG screens install from behind, everybody here already knows you have to remove factory parts, get a lift or jack up your car, has sharp edges all the way around & can cut you because its a screen cut out.

My part:

Click image for larger version

Name:	28.5 copy.jpg
Views:	698
Size:	948.0 KB
ID:	201444

Comment

Rich
            These are great quality mesh covers.
            Glad to support a forum vendor. 👍👍
            Arctic White 2LT, G8G, HUL, F9, AH2, 5ZZ, E60, STI, SHW J6F, Q8Q, RCC, Z51, ZYC.

Comment

Glad I bought mine from Rich. They look and great.

Comment

My C8Vettepartsonline grilles just went in really well. They look great. I would say perfect from +5’ away and even from 18” away staring at them they are fully functional and look really good. Amazing how many bugs and **** I pulled out of my grille before I installed them. So glad about their rock protection abilities.

I am extremely pleased. Candidly I have been more concerned about a hole in my heat exchanger than all the rest of the concerns about frunk opening, brake module, cracked piston rings, etc..

Click image for larger version  Name:	B5ACE1F6-F867-4D4D-AB87-F8093236B118.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	1.49 MB ID:	201482
                GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Nice video Rich. Now just waiting on the car to be built so I can install them. 😉
                  Rapid Blue 3LT, HTC, Z51, HTO, D84, E60, FE4, J6F, ZYC.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                    My C8Vettepartsonline grilles just went in really well. They look great. I would say perfect from +5’ away and even from 18” away staring at them they are fully functional and look really good. Amazing how many bugs and **** I pulled out of my grille before I installed them. So glad about their rock protection abilities.

I am extremely pleased. Candidly I have been more concerned about a hole in my heat exchanger than all the resort of the concerns about frunk opening, brake module, cracked piston rings, etc..

Click image for larger version Name:	B5ACE1F6-F867-4D4D-AB87-F8093236B118.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	1.49 MB ID:	201482
                    Thank you very much for the review John, my front inlet covers look fantastic on WRPSPD!

Comment

It never ceases to amaze me how someone can spend a large amount of money on a car and then put cheap aftermarket parts on it...these covers are quality and will last a long time and won’t detract from the beauty of the c8... and no..I don’t have an air freshener hanging from the mirror..
                      3lt SOT...cf racing stripe,front lift.mag ride, z51,cf mirrors & spoiler,bright trident wheels,yellow calipers, yellow stitching black leather ,yellow belts,

Comment

BTW many of us remember that during the early C8 assembly days that more than a handful came with loose horizontal grille bars (bars as shown in my picture). I checked mine when this issue first surfaced and again today. They were and remain rock solid. Nicely they can be tightened if necessary without removal anything.

Comment

Would like to order a pair so that I can install when my car is finally delivered (right now TPW of 11/23). Would order now but since your return policy is 10 days of receipt, need to wait a little bit. What is your lag time from order to delivery of the covers!

Comment

Great product and good simple instructions that even I can follow. It probably isn't necessary but for my own piece of mind I fished a small wire tie through the grill to be sure it stayed in place ( I don't think the end is that noticeable). It didn't mentioned in the video but the piece where the button for the frunk release is not available when the grill guard is installed so I cut a small piece out so the switch will still work and also wire tied it and put a little black tape over the cut edges. My modifications aren't probably needed but were to my liking, once again a great product.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Wallace View Post
                              Great product and good simple instructions that even I can follow. It probably isn't necessary but for my own piece of mind I fished a small wire tie through the grill to be sure it stayed in place ( I don't think the end is that noticeable). It didn't mentioned in the video but the piece where the button for the frunk release is not available when the grill guard is installed so I cut a small piece out so the switch will still work and also wire tied it and put a little black tape over the cut edges. My modifications aren't probably needed but were to my liking, once again a great product.
                              Great point Don, thank you for bringing this up & sharing your mod with the rest of us!

It was a tough decision not cut out the frunk button. I had to in the end because cutting it slightly changes the structure and having the surround going all the way around the part is what gives it structural rigidity. Our thought was owners still had 2 other ways to open their frunk or once your sure you want it you can modify it very easily as Don did.

Thank you all for your support!

Rich

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X