MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast With Keith Cornett/“CorvetteBlogger”

Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com combine once again to bring you the latest news and headlines in the world of Corvette!  https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...er-2020-el5mlj Some of the topics you'll hear about are:
1.  GM delivers 6,355 C8 Corvettes in the 3rd Quarter
2.  Callaway offers a 25th Anniversary Special Edition for C7 Z06
3.  2020 C8 Corvette named Car Of The Year by Popular Mechanics
4.  Chevrolet announces that C8 production extended thru the end of the year. 2021 production starts in December.
5.  EV Hybrid may replace the Grand Sport in the C8 lineup
6.  2022 C8 Z06 spied at Grattan Raceway with rear wing and newly exposed wheels
7.  Corvette Racing using 3D printed parts
8.  What the reveal of the C8 lineup tells us about the future of Corvette
9.  Guess what Batman’s daily driver is!
Be sure to check out this edition of CORVETTE TODAY!
See more
See less

Finally our Corvette lives with us!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally our Corvette lives with us!

Just moved a few weeks ago and we are celebrating for the first time in our life our Corvette living at home with us. Our garage was designed for the Corvetteand more, including electricity, water to wash the car (hot and cold), (10) 4’ LED ceiling lights, extra above code electrical receptacle’s including custom placement of the outlet for the CTEK charger in closest proximity to the frunk receptacle, and more, Oh happy day for it is truly the first time in four decades of Corvette ownership that we have any of the above to take care of our cars. Previously as we lived on a 1+ mile gravel road, our Corvette in town in a storage facility with none of the above.

Here’s the view of what it looks like walking from the inside into the garage. I think I have made this trip five times daily just to look at it. Modest sized garage at 500 square feet but highly efficient placement of all we need.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0CC55B3D-32BA-4A0F-AA1E-7FE8A6F06262.jpeg
Views:	428
Size:	2.49 MB
ID:	199657That’s not a blem on its nose, just a weird reflection.

​​​​​Oh happiness!

A couple of pictures of our wonderful new home. Just right sized for us after three decades of isolated country living. Created to give us more time to play, less time needed to maintain our previous acreage. As two examples, no longer heating with wood with all that entails, instead an automated HVAC system — with central air for the first time ever. And as the biggest example of what is different is that instead of our cutting 250,000 square feet of grass and field (all walk behind equipment for my wife and me), we now have a total of 850 square feet of lawn (and even that is auto-irrigated).

We feel like we have arrived in heaven in our upper-middle-class house.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1D42C800-D318-40AD-B23A-811A056F612A.jpeg
Views:	526
Size:	3.96 MB
ID:	199655 Click image for larger version

Name:	FD477F01-7302-4BF5-B011-2B5483B39950.jpeg
Views:	425
Size:	3.79 MB
ID:	199656
    Yes I need to go out and do some weeding lol, but driving our Corvette than ever, way more fun than weeding would be.

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

And who says life isn’t full of self rewards. Congrats, John!

We converted our archaic way of flipping valves one way or the other for directing water for heating in the winter to cooling in the summer. Too much to explain here. As much as I have a concern for technology (never will we have an Alexa in the house), a touch pad on the wall and app on the phone to control the HVAC is extremely pleasing! 😁

Enjoy!

Oh, and your build......nice job. And I’m not talking about the house, either.
    Last edited by AllIn767; 10-17-2020, 10:41 PM.
    Blade Silver, Z51 black/red two tone seats, 3LT, red seat belts, Black trident wheels, red engine cover, front lift, lighted sill plates, 3000 March 2020; 3300 TPW August 17th as of July 31st. Born August 13th, 2020. As of August 27th it’s at the dealership!😁 Now for the LPO’s...Delivered September 8th 2020👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Comment

Very nice John, Wishing you both good fortune and happiness there. Put down some weed block and cover it with some river rock and minimize your maintenance so you may have enough time to spend enjoying the country in your gorgeous C8.
      Rocket City Florida

Comment

Congrats John. Excellent build of both house and Vette. Looks like you will be living life to its fullest.

Best of luck with both.

Regards Brian

Comment

Congratulations John!! Your new home looks great. You have simplified your life and brought your Corvette home. It's all good. Enjoy it.

Comment

Nice house, property, and car!

Any chance I could get you to swing by the house next spring and make my lawn look that good?

Comment

5 garage trips a day sounds about right, especially so after learning you had WRP SPD living in a storage facility.

Congratulations not only for your new home and lifestyle but for all of the good decisions that let you get to where you wanted to be.

Comment

Welcome Home!!! And, uh, John... not wanting to be overly critical here but..... that garage needs some "Corvette Clutter" in a bad way. I'm thinking a nice motion shot of #3 & #4 would do for a starter! Beautiful C8 and a beautiful home, and as they say... happily ever after!

Kelly
                2021 HTC - Z51 - 3LT - FE4 (MagRide) - E60 (Front Lift) - EFY (Body Colored Accents) - Expected Delivery March '21

Comment

Congrats to my favorite forum owner...looks great and you deserve it!! Hopefully I will drive out to your area to check it out someday...
                  3lt SOT...cf racing stripe,front lift.mag ride, z51,cf mirrors & spoiler,bright trident wheels,yellow calipers, yellow stitching black leather ,yellow belts,

Comment

Congratulations To you, your wife, and WRP SPD. Well done!
                    Torch Red Z51, 3LT, Lift, Transparent Top, Black Trident, Red/Black 2 Tone-seats, Mag, Carbon Flash wing and mirrors.

Comment

Having moved over a dozen times I don't envy what you have to deal with.... in the short term. The time and effort required to 'settle in' will be behind you sooooon and then you will really be enjoying life, as you well deserve. Best to 'ya John in the new diggs!

PS: Have you ever heard of Tru Green? You lawn will look great and your 'back' will thank you often....
                      C8 Deposit July 2018 (HTC). In the system: Jan 20. Torch Red with lots of goodies. Built in September. Museum Delivery October 21st....

Other toys in the garage: Ferrari California, BMW i8 Roadster, Bentley Flying Spur

Comment

Congrats on your new adventure. Everyday brings something new to your lives. Enjoy every moment 🍻🍻
                        Arctic White 2LT, G8G, HUL, F9, AH2, 5ZZ, E60, STI, SHW J6F, Q8Q, RCC, Z51, ZYC.

Comment

Congrats John, nice car and house. Get a neighbor hood boy to cut your yard and as mentioned, use Tru Green for the bugs and fertilizer. Yard done, more time for the corvette.

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS John!!
                            You should post a 18+ warning because there is a whole lot of sexiness going on!

Comment

Congratulations John! Your new home and C8 both look amazing. Enjoy.
                              Delivered 9/5/2020: 2LT C8 Coupe, Long Beach Red, Z51, FE4 Suspension, E60 Lift, Spectra Gray Tridents, GT1 Seats, Jet Black Interior, Splash Guards

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X