MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast With Keith Cornett/“CorvetteBlogger”

Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com combine once again to bring you the latest news and headlines in the world of Corvette!  https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...er-2020-el5mlj Some of the topics you'll hear about are:
1.  GM delivers 6,355 C8 Corvettes in the 3rd Quarter
2.  Callaway offers a 25th Anniversary Special Edition for C7 Z06
3.  2020 C8 Corvette named Car Of The Year by Popular Mechanics
4.  Chevrolet announces that C8 production extended thru the end of the year. 2021 production starts in December.
5.  EV Hybrid may replace the Grand Sport in the C8 lineup
6.  2022 C8 Z06 spied at Grattan Raceway with rear wing and newly exposed wheels
7.  Corvette Racing using 3D printed parts
8.  What the reveal of the C8 lineup tells us about the future of Corvette
9.  Guess what Batman’s daily driver is!
Be sure to check out this edition of CORVETTE TODAY!
See more
See less

Rock Chips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock Chips

Got my first two rock dings on the front yesterday...both right thru the XPEL into the paint...😬 In three years with my white C7, I only had one of these and now two in 7 weeks already with my Rapid Blue. Maybe I had them in the white one too and just didn't notice because of the lighter paint. Anyway, has anybody heard when touch-up paint is going to be available? My dealership has "no idea."

Thanks.

I am very sorry to hear your sad news, but to make it better:

https://touchupdirect.com/touch-up-p...olet/corvette/
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

The best touch up paint I’ve encountered is a product called Dr Colorchip. It blends and covers paint chips far better than the clumpy OEM touch up paint. Check out their website and read some reviews online but I’ve used it on two vehicles with great results.
      2020 C8 | Torch Red | 3LT | Z51 Performance Package | 5W8 Ground Effects Package | Cicio Performance Lowering Kit | Vossen HF-5 Wheels | Front Lift | Bright Red Calipers | Carbon flash Mirrors | GT2 Seats | Black Leather | Engine Appearance Pkg | Red Seat Belts

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
        I am very sorry to hear your sad news, but to make it better:

https://touchupdirect.com/touch-up-p...olet/corvette/
        Hey John, thanks for the link to touch up paint direct. I emailed them to see if they get it directly from GM, and if not, how well their paint matches the factory paint. Also, to other readers, what is your experience with a touch up pen as opposed to a brush? I've always made kind of a mess of it with a brush...never used the pen. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by CZS View Post
          The best touch up paint I’ve encountered is a product called Dr Colorchip. It blends and covers paint chips far better than the clumpy OEM touch up paint. Check out their website and read some reviews online but I’ve used it on two vehicles with great results.
          I checked Dr. Color Chip's website and the only two 2020 Chevrolet models they currently have paint for are the Bolt and Colorado.

Comment

I agree with CZS, DrColorChip is an easy and effective fix. I used it on several of my cars including RedHot with great success. It might be worth waiting until they have the kit ready for your C8. They use your VIN to match the correct paint. https://www.drcolorchip.com/store/all-products.php
            Enthusiastic owner of 'RedHot' Prod.Wk 7 Oct '13 Museum Del. 29 Oct '13
            Contributing Member of the National Corvette Museum
            Web site: https://www.daumphotography.com/
            blog: https://insight.daumphotography.com/

Comment

Originally posted by L79 View Post

I checked Dr. Color Chip's website and the only two 2020 Chevrolet models they currently have paint for are the Bolt and Colorado.
              What color is your car? Unless it’s a new color for 2020, they should have it. They just haven’t built in the cross reference to the 2020 models yet.

ETA: sorry, missed in your post where you said it’s a rapid blue car. You might reach out to them and see if they have an estimate on when it might be available
              2020 C8 | Torch Red | 3LT | Z51 Performance Package | 5W8 Ground Effects Package | Cicio Performance Lowering Kit | Vossen HF-5 Wheels | Front Lift | Bright Red Calipers | Carbon flash Mirrors | GT2 Seats | Black Leather | Engine Appearance Pkg | Red Seat Belts

Comment

I'm guessing if you're like me, you know where every blemish is.... and they bother you deeply. The flip side of that issue is that 99 out of 100 people that look at your car (even the fanatics) won't see the marks. Hopefully that knowledge will be comforting while you wait for a fix to become available.....
                C8 Deposit July 2018 (HTC). In the system: Jan 20. Torch Red with lots of goodies. Built in September. Museum Delivery October 21st....

Other toys in the garage: Ferrari California, BMW i8 Roadster, Bentley Flying Spur

Comment

Had a rock do the same to my Porsche. Removed the film. Sprayed the area after body shop did their thing, replaced the film. Having second thoughts about film on new undelivered vet. Thought the film would prevent, but found out not. The film maker said could have been more damage. Claim film mitigated. For the cost, don’t believe it is worth it. Rather pay my body shop guy

Comment

On C7 Z06 which travelled to 28 states in 4 1/2 years two rocks that went through our XPELfilm. But if one got up close and personal such as when detailing or washing, and just the right light you could see over 100 other impact marks where the film did exactly what we wished and prevented the rocks from ever touching the paint. Nothing is 100% but looking at Corvettes that have also traveled mega tens of thousands of miles which had no film, I personally do not want my front looking like it has measles from impacts due to no paint protection film.

True a skilled person with Dr. Color Chip can make each of those impacts close to completely disappear and almost,eliminate the “visual measles.” We each get to choose.

There’s also a third option which is what a friend of mine does, and that is about every three or four years he takes his car to the body shop and says :repaint the front facia, repaint the front hood and repaint the back of the door mirrors.”

Choices, choices...
                    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I found a tiny chip on the front edge of the frunk lid. A well placed dot of my trusty Rustoleum red (exact match for Torch Red) filled it in.
                      Torch red 1LT, no options. Built June 4, received July 2

Comment

Torch Rustolieum? 😎
                        Vin # 2539
                        Torch Red LT2 Z51

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X