Clear All

• Chevrolet Adds Zora to the C8 Corvette’s Windshield

Click image for larger version

Name:	092920_6b.jpg
Views:	3778
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	194656

Crossposted from CorvetteBlogger.com

Although Chevrolet has already completed a little over half of its planned production of 2020 Corvettes for the year, that doesn’t mean they are done making enhancements as production rolls on. Our friends at Kerbeck Corvette in Atlantic City sent us some new photos from their latest shipment of C8s which just arrived from Bowling Green. The new pics show the addition of two new subtle graphics found on the 2020 Corvette’s windshield.

Here is Dave Salvatore from Kerbeck with the news:

Two of our cars had these additions to the windshield. On the passenger side, lower corner, is a silhouette of Zora Duntov which has to be one of the coolest things I’ve seen on this new car! On the driver side, lower corner, etched into the tint are a set of crossed flags and the words Team Corvette!

Name:	092920_7b.jpg
Views:	644
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	194657

The Zora graphic was used by “Team Corvette” during development as part of the identification system that would allow GM employees into the secure work areas where the car was being developed. The public got its first look at the Zora graphic which were hidden on a camouflaged C8 Corvette as the mid-engine prototype was publically acknowledged for the first time during a drive in New York City in April 2019 with Tadge Juechter driving GM CEO Mary Barra to a “Tunnels to Towers” celebration.

For those new to the car, Zora Arkus-Duntov was the Corvette’s first chief engineer who took charge of the under-powered two-door roadster and transformed into a world-class sports car. One of his dreams was always to make a mid-engine Corvette and we know he would be smiling about the current C8 Corvette today.

Name:	092920_8b.jpg
Views:	652
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	194658

Dave tells us that the two Corvettes with the new windshield graphics are the highest VINs yet received by the dealer. From the pics, we can one of the VINs is #11077. He has two more truckloads coming in later this week and will confirm if they all contain the new windshield graphics.

Dave rightly concludes that “Now, some Corvette owners will get to have Zora go along for a ride with you every time you take out your C8.” We love that thought as C8 Corvette owners couldn’t ask for a better co-pilot or patron saint than the famous Corvette engineer!
    Senior Editor and Founder of CorvetteBlogger.com. I drive my dad's 1966 Corvette Sting Ray Convertible and the National Corvette Museum is my personal Graceland.

Thanks CorvetteBlogger. Very cool. ZORA rides again in another way.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Will there now be a rash of "cracked windshields" on early VINs so the owners can replace it with one of these?
      SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
      >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

That's a nice touch for sure! I don't think I've ever seen another car manufacture honor a designer like this before... We're there others?

Comment

Pretty cool and very fitting and classy tribute to Zora! I sure hope mine has this when it gets here...

Comment

Well, now the wait will be worth it
            HTC Ceramic Matrix Gray/Morello Red
            Deposit: 7/29/19; Allocation-3000: 3/12/20; TPW: 10/26/20, 10/19/20, back to 10/26/20; now 11/9/20; 3300: 10/20/20; and waiting, and waiting.....

Comment

Tentative delivery on Saturday at Kerbeck's, can't wait to see my windshield 110753. Built 9/17 and shipped out today.
              J Balmer, Pemberton, NJ Medford Lakes Corvette Club Member
              "3LT Zeus Bronze, Natural Dipped, NNP, E60, ZZ3 Engine Package, 5ZZ , 719, J6A Black calipers, DUB Sterling Silver Racing Stripe, BV4,"

Comment

Now that is classy!
                2020 C8, Elkhart Lake Blue, Sky Cool Gray, LT2, Z51, GT2 Seats, FE4 mag ride, nose lift, performance exhaust, carbon flash wheels. Loving it!

Comment

Hope this is available on the 2021
                  2021 Elkhart Lake Blue coupe, 2LT, Front lift, Chrome Ext. Badge package, mag ride, performance exhaust. Feb 2020 refundable deposit to get on dealer allocation list, Aug 2020 signed a PO with dealer and paid non-refundable deposit.

Comment

I just checked mine that was built not quite 3 weeks ago and sadly no Zora.
                    2020 CMG 2 Tone Blue Z51, FE4

Comment

Nice touch! Hope it continues for 2021.

Comment

I think that likeness should be planted right on the hood...what's the 2021 order code for that? :-) This is the man's dream, finally realized. Excellent post. Thanks CorvetteFinder.....
                        2004 Z06, machine silver
                        2018 Honda Type R, black pearl
                        2013 Harley-Davidson Softail CVO, Crimson
                        2016 Ducati xDiavel S, black
                        2016 Can Am Spyder F-3, pearl white

Comment

I met Zora at the 1988 NCRS regionals in Bend, Oregon and chatted with him. Very affable guy and worthy of any and all tributes. In fact, he's going to be on my personalized plate.

Comment

Thank you, things like that are making it easier if you still have a wait a good time until you get your C8 😄

Comment

Classy touch. A nice tip of the hat to an engineer that was way ahead of his time. Maybe a supplier should come up with a small Zora decal for us early adopters that weren't fortunate enough to get these windshields.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X