C8 Wheel insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Wheel insurance

Looking for good price dealer is trying to hang it to me for wheel ins. Thanks for the help.

Try also Discount Tire. Many have considered them before making a decision and went with DT.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Discount Tire is a great company.
      Torch Red Z51, 3LT, Lift, Transparent Top, Black Trident, Red/Black 2 Tone-seats, Mag, Carbon Flash wing and mirrors.

Comment

It’s important to be sure whoever you decide to go with that they can get the same tire or wheel if you ever need a replacement. I’ve had experience in the past that when I had to replace a damaged tire, or wheel, with my package they could not replace with the same tire manufacturer. I’ve had better luck buying from the dealer. On my Cadillac I’ve had to replace 3 tires in 3 separate incidents over the past 2 years, including wheel repair without incident. The package paid for itself! Also, you can negotiate a discount!
        Status 6000! Picked up my new C8 9/5/20. Z51 2LT with GT2 Seats, Front lift, FE4, Edge Red Engine Cover, Edge Red calipers, Illuminated Door Sills, Engine Appearance Package, Carbon Flash Painted wheels, in Long Beach Red and Jet Black interior.

My 1968 convertible now has a little sister!

Previously owned a C6 with Squires Twin Turbos

Comment

I've bought 22 contracts from the dealer form my 2016 C7 and had a tire replaced due to a nail at the dealer with no problems at all. i also bought it for my 2017 Camaro ZL1 and haven't had to use it, knock on wood. I plan on buy it for my C8 as the rims along are expensive. Tires run around $300, so yea i want the piece of mind of a safety net so to speak.
          J Balmer, Pemberton, NJ Medford Lakes Corvette Club Member
          "3LT Zeus Bronze, Natural Dipped, NNP, E60, ZZ3 Engine Package, 5ZZ , 719, J6A Black calipers, DUB Sterling Silver Racing Stripe, BV4,"

Comment

My B in L living in Bucks County, PA had to replace 3 wheels over the course of one bad Winter on an Audi. Potholes in the rain!

He wished he had bought a T & W package.

Comment

I went with the Dealers offer thinking if I have a flat or other, a Chevy Dealer would honor the insurance without any problems. Opting for the GM policy I'm being offered through my Dealer
              J Balmer, Pemberton, NJ Medford Lakes Corvette Club Member
              "3LT Zeus Bronze, Natural Dipped, NNP, E60, ZZ3 Engine Package, 5ZZ , 719, J6A Black calipers, DUB Sterling Silver Racing Stripe, BV4,"

Comment

My dealer wants 1200.00 for policy.My last one for a 16 z06 was 450.00

Comment

If you are near a Discount Tire, have replacement certs put on the tires. As for the wheels, read the fine print. Most will not cover cosmetic damage and, they require that an attempt to repair be made first before replacement. Ask how I know ............. Gah!
                  2022 2LT SGM Adrenaline Red w/Blk Sueded Seating Surfaces and Steering Wheel Spectra Gray Wheels Blue Stripes Current drive: '20 GT350 Heritage Edition Pkg. Corvette Museum Life Member . Red White and Booze ........ TX, It's A Whole 'Nother Country !

Comment

So I have purchased warranties on replacement tires, but are you able to purchase wheel/tire insurance on the factory wheels/tires? I didn't realize this was a thing. You can do this through Discount Tire even though they didn't sell you tires or am I misunderstanding?

Comment

D T has sold me tire road hazard certs for every new car for years. They do not to my understanding sell wheel coverage.
                      2022 2LT SGM Adrenaline Red w/Blk Sueded Seating Surfaces and Steering Wheel Spectra Gray Wheels Blue Stripes Current drive: '20 GT350 Heritage Edition Pkg. Corvette Museum Life Member . Red White and Booze ........ TX, It's A Whole 'Nother Country !

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyTX View Post
                        D T has sold me tire road hazard certs for every new car for years. They do not to my understanding sell wheel coverage.
                        I have looked online and also cannot find anything about DT offering wheel and/or tire insurance for wheels and tires on a new vehicle.

John, do you have a link?

Comment

A simple web search ............
                          https://www.safe-guardproducts.com/p...el-protection/

https://www.cnanational.com/product-detail-t-w

https://wheelandtirecare.com/

Will send the o/p a highly userious billing statement for services rendered .............

Comment

Just purchased Tire coverage from Discount Tire for my Z51-C8. Cost was $255. This covers tires as long as there is tread left. Does not cover wheels.
                            2020 LT2 Blade Silver, Adrenalin Red GT2, Z51, Mag Ride
                            3800 on 7/28. 4300 on 8/3, 4200 on 8-15, 5000 on 8/25, 6000 on 8/26.
                            Current - 1958, 1967 Split Window Fuelie, 1967 427/435 Convertible

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X