MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today With Keith Cornett: Latest Corvette News

Even though we're into the holiday season, there's still a lot of Corvette news! https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...-en2b43 Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com fill you in on what's going on.  Here are a few of the headlines discussed in this episode of CORVETTE TODAY:
1.  First pictures of the new right-hand-drive C8 Corvette headed to Japan
2. Lawsuit with GM about cracked Corvette Grand Sport wheels has been dismissed
3. C8 Corvette named to Car & Driver’s annual “10 Best” list for 2nd year in a row.
4. 2020 C8 Corvette goes on sale in the Middle East
5. Final production stats for the 2020 C8 announced
6. Nick Tandy to replace Oliver Gavin on Corvette Racing Team
7. Chevrolet celebrates IMSA championships with new commercial
8. The ’63 Split Window makes Hagerty’s list of coupes worth more than their convertible siblings
9. Procharger teases of a supercharged C8 Corvette
10. OnStar thwarts the theft of a 2020 C8 Corvette
Happy Holidays!
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Is it ever going to get here to me??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJA467
    replied
    Originally posted by John View Post
    TJA467, that is such wonderful news. Congrats that your beauty is now at home with you.
    Thank you John, Sunday is supposed to be nice, cold but nice. Should be a good day to put some miles on the car.

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    TJA467, that is such wonderful news. Congrats that your beauty is now at home with you.

Leave a comment:

• TJA467
    replied
    Well 7 weeks after it was built it finally arrived at the dealer today. I got a Facetime call from the dealer as it was rolling off the truck at 9 am. I showed up 30 minutes later and was there during cover removal and the PDI. Went back to work while they cleaned the car and polished out some minor scratches. Drove it home at 6 pm tonight with a big smile on my face. So glad the wait is finally over and the car is in the garage. Now just hoping there will be some sunny days ahead to enjoy with the top down before the weather gets too nasty. Hopefully will see some some of you guys and gals out on the road.
    Long Beach Red, HTC 2LT, Z51, Magnetic ride, Carbon flash stripes, high wing spoiler, 2 tone interior with Black trident wheels.

Leave a comment:

• TJA467
    replied
    Updated info, car left BG on 10/7,16 days ago and absolutely no word from GM since then. The order was moved to 4200 on 10/7 also. I spoke with the dealer yesterday , they have a call into the DSM as I was told they get updated every friday of order status of all cars in their district. A this point I have not heard anything back. I tried calling Onstar as I own the car at this point, signed papers last Saturday, but they will not provide any information on the location of your car unless you push the "blue" button first.

Leave a comment:

• TJA467
    replied
    Possible bit of good news.I got a hold of a local GM district sales Rep and explained my frustration yesterday. I got a message back today that said as of 10/7 today my car is on its way out of Bowling Green. Hopefully that ,means its on its way out west.

Leave a comment:

• TJA467
    replied
    Originally posted by Murray20c8 View Post

4000 is "Vehicle Available to Ship"
    4B00 would be more likely for a hold.
    Ok, maybe The Corvette Concierge needs to update their lists. That is what I thought also.

Leave a comment:

• Murray20c8
    replied
    Originally posted by TJA467 View Post
    So I emailed the Corvette Concierge this morning and was told my car is at 4000 and is being held for "pending inspections and waiting to cleared for shipping" and that they anticipate it should be moving in the next week or so as most cars ship 2-4 weeks after build.
    4000 is "Vehicle Available to Ship"
    4B00 would be more likely for a hold.

Leave a comment:

• Capper525
    replied
    After driving it a couple days, looking at in your garage, and showing it to friends, all of the pain and anxiety will disappear. At least it did for me.

Leave a comment:

• Njfisherman
    replied
    Tomorrow and my wait will be over!!!! WHOPPEEE!!!! Click image for larger version

Name:	Final BuildScreenshot_2019-10-12 https www chevrolet com(19).png
Views:	185
Size:	933.4 KB
ID:	195048

Leave a comment:

• TJA467
    replied
    Originally posted by Adrenalin View Post
    Sorry you are having to wait, but hang in there for you'll be driving soon. As for me, I was informed today from my dealer that my C8 is at 4B00 waiting for transport. Good luck on yours.
    Thank you, hope yours arrives soon as too. The roller coaster ride was fun at first but it's starting to get nuasis if you know what I mean. Time to get off the ride and start enjoying the rest of the ride.

Leave a comment:

• Adrenalin
    replied
    Sorry you are having to wait, but hang in there for you'll be driving soon. As for me, I was informed today from my dealer that my C8 is at 4B00 waiting for transport. Good luck on yours.

Leave a comment:

• TJA467
    replied
    So I emailed the Corvette Concierge this morning and was told my car is at 4000 and is being held for "pending inspections and waiting to cleared for shipping" and that they anticipate it should be moving in the next week or so as most cars ship 2-4 weeks after build.

Leave a comment:

• Insane C8
    replied
    Wow! I'm really truly sorry to hear that. Mine was also built on 9/11. I live near Phoenix, AZ and picked mine up at the dealership tonight. It is absolutely awesome. I've only driven it about 15 miles, but so far, rock solid. It is better than you can imagine. I hope yours arrives very, very soon. PS, my VIN had no recalls associated with it, so hopefully that is good news for you since they were built on the same day.

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr skinguy23 View Post
    I am another somewhat patient hopeful C8 buyer whose car has already been built. Long 15 months for me too. I have my deposit for a Z06 down at two dealers and another for a 2021 base model in case I need another corvette “fix”. What else can I do?
    Nothing other use the opportunity between now and then having fun learning more, save more, and enjoy the other parts of.your life.

Leave a comment:

• TJA467
    replied
    So, I got on GM's site yesterday and went to the chat box. Started a chat about my C8. Give them all the vital info and they show it at 4150 but no other info from the last time. They said "contact your dealer for more information" I called my dealer, they said only shows 4150 and they have no other information, no even anything regarding what GM said about being set for transport and them removed. What's up with that? Why does GM give you "some" information and then say contact your dealer for more when your dealer doesn't even have as much information as GM??
    It is one type of anxiety/frustration having no idea when your car built, now it is just frustrating that it is built but your no idea when you "might" get it. I know I am not the only one in this position and most feel this way. As with any business, a little communication would go a long way.

Leave a comment:

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
Working...
X