Is it ever going to get here to me??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it ever going to get here to me??

Wow, starts with the strike, moves on to COVID, finally gets built and them mysteriously gets removed from transportation by the factory. Now find out as it was built 9/11 falls within the possible valve spring issue. And now to top it all off there is a stop sale so even if it was released for transport I couldn't get it anyway. Feeling like "the other shoe has dropped" about 5 times over. Whats next.....

Maybe the C9 or C10 will go Smoother ...

Most likely both will be designed before my C8 gets ordered.
    Deposit placed on June 18 2020, for 2021 HTC 2LT Red Mist Tintcoat
    Current 1999 Magnetic Red C5 Z51

Comment

Originally posted by Plentyfast View Post

Heck the C9 is already on the drawing boards... 😉
      Marc

Comment

Originally posted by Plentyfast View Post

BINGO...the word for the C8 is MAYBE. You have to preface every C8 statement with the word maybe. Maybe my C8 will (fill in the blank)

I'm thinking of changing my specialty plate from MID 8 to MAYBE or FINALLY !!!
        NCM Life Time Member since 1997

Comment

Originally posted by TJA467 View Post
          Wow, starts with the strike, moves on to COVID, finally gets built and them mysteriously gets removed from transportation by the factory. Now find out as it was built 9/11 falls within the possible valve spring issue. And now to top it all off there is a stop sale so even if it was released for transport I couldn't get it anyway. Feeling like "the other shoe has dropped" about 5 times over. Whats next.....
          Welcome to the year 2020.
          HTC Ceramic Matrix Gray/Morello Red
          Deposit: 7/29/19; Allocation-3000: 3/12/20; TPW: 10/26/20, 10/19/20, back to 10/26/20; now 11/9/20; 3300: 10/20/20; and waiting, and waiting.....

Comment

And like the earlier strike, then the two month Covid shut down, BGA keeps rising from massive challenges and great C8’s are being built and delivered.

I know this is beyond frustrating, but BGA is building more new C8’s today and those that are now on a temp stop will be fixed and released.
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
              And like the earlier strike, then the two month Covid shut down, BGA keeps rising from massive challenges and great C8’s are being built and delivered.

I know this is beyond frustrating, but BGA is building more new C8’s today and those that are now on a temp stop will be fixed and released.
              John, you are a shinning light in a dark room.
              Thanks!!
              NCM Life Time Member since 1997

Comment

I try to,keep the lights on. I have kept in my hip pocket 8 massive recalls issued in the first year of a Porsche, a Lambo, a Ferrari, and a McLaren (two each) to later remind all of us that EVERY single exotic has issues too — and they are get fixed and driving starts/continues.

Compared to those much more major recalls, our C8’s is still a shinning star.
                GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

TJA467, we may be in the same boat. My car was built on 9/9 - and bayed. Could it be that the problems with valve springs and brake booster connectors are part of the hold up? If so, I'd prefer they fix the cars in KY rather than me having to take it back to the dealer right after delivery. It will be painful enough to put it through film, ceramic, and tinting before I can hit the road. Hang in there, brother sufferer.
                  Last edited by Ralston; 09-26-2020, 06:11 AM.
                  C8 Coupe, Zeus Bronze, 3LT, TU7, HUE, GUI, CF7, EFY, EYK, J6N, NPP, E60, STI, VQK

Comment

Originally posted by Ralston View Post
                    TJA467, we may be in the same boat. My car was built on 9/9 - and bayed. Could it be that the problems with valve springs and brake booster connectors is part of the hold up? If so, I'd prefer they fix the cars in KY rather than me having to take it back to the dealer right after delivery. It will be painful enough to put it through film, ceramic, and tinting before I can hit the road. Hang in there, brother sufferer.

Ralston,

Thank you brother. I know I am not the only one in the boat here. 2020 have been nothing but a roller coaster for everyone in the world. I just needed a place complain I guess and to get it off my chest.

Comment

Originally posted by KLZ View Post

Welcome to the year 2020.
                      Can’t wait to see 2020 GONE and in my Rearview Mirror of my 2021 C8
                      Deposit placed on June 18 2020, for 2021 HTC 2LT Red Mist Tintcoat
                      Current 1999 Magnetic Red C5 Z51

Comment

Finally after 16 months mine is built.Now to get it shipped to my dealer.

Comment

Jim, I'm in the same boat, off the line 9/17 and waiting for Code 4000 to be shipped and my dealer had 53 car built that week. With this Stop Sale/Delivery isn't helping but I'd rather it be completed at the factory.
                          J Balmer, Pemberton, NJ Medford Lakes Corvette Club Member
                          "3LT Zeus Bronze, Natural Dipped, NNP, E60, ZZ3 Engine Package, 5ZZ , 719, J6A Black calipers, DUB Sterling Silver Racing Stripe, BV4,"

Comment

I am another somewhat patient hopeful C8 buyer whose car has already been built. Long 15 months for me too. I have my deposit for a Z06 down at two dealers and another for a 2021 base model in case I need another corvette “fix”. What else can I do?

Comment

I don,t think the stop sale is for builds after Sept 15.I was told the total was only 36 units.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X