MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Do Not Post Anything Political On This Forum!

Violators will not as usual get a gentle private message. Anything posted from now on that is political SHALL result in a minimum one week banning. We do not care what side of the political realm you are on. Take your politics elsewhere! MECF is a car forum
See more
See less

Red Mist On Real C8 Surfaces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Mist On Real C8 Surfaces

Thank you National Corvette Museum for these photos. We await the next batch when the pictures are taken in full sunlight.

Thread co-posted at the same time by Marc in NY. Thanks Marc!!!! Your content is included Included in this first post so we have it too:

Originally posted by Marc NY
    Just got an email from the NCM and their link shows the new Red Mist Metallic on display!

Red Mist Debuts for 2021

Thanks to General Motors we were able to get some photos of the new Red Mist color on a freshly painted 2021 captured test fleet Corvette. If you're lucky, you might see the car driving around Bowling Green. Corvette Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter shared during his seminar as part of the Museum's 26th Anniversary that he, too, would be driving a 2021 Red Mist Corvette.

The color replaces Long Beach Red, which debuted for the 2016 model year. Production of the 2021 Corvette is anticipated to start sometime in November with an exact date being fluid as production of the current 2020 model year continues.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n193365[/ATTACH]
    Very nice! In this light its not as orange as it looked from the panel pictures. Its on my current build sheet but I still have time (plenty) to finalize. Spent some time with an SGM/red int and that combo was very nice too.
    I'm I reading this correct article state anticipated start build for Nov for 2021?
    Thanks again Marc NY!

Click image for larger version  Name:	297583B4-C76E-4D43-B8F7-FC805748D577.jpeg Views:	296 Size:	25.1 KB ID:	193358Click image for larger version  Name:	432E3D93-983A-4339-B7FE-67BC74C11ADA.jpeg Views:	78 Size:	25.3 KB ID:	193359Click image for larger version  Name:	E11C4A9F-2764-4808-A0D9-EFFC2F486E9A.jpeg Views:	78 Size:	29.6 KB ID:	193360Click image for larger version  Name:	0AE21FA2-5CE8-4ABB-96A8-58326B9904AE.jpeg Views:	78 Size:	25.8 KB ID:	193361Click image for larger version  Name:	761B00F4-3F26-4557-8C49-6DA588EFF1BF.jpeg Views:	78 Size:	16.0 KB ID:	193362Click image for larger version  Name:	110EE13A-F4C1-4C2B-9EF6-1CF444B46DE4.jpeg Views:	78 Size:	29.0 KB ID:	193363
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Sweet looking color. I need some candy apples now ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
    Arctic White 2LT, G8G, HUL, F9, AH2, 5ZZ, E60, STI, SHW J6F, Q8Q, RCC, Z51, ZYC.

Comment

Love it ... now start building it ...
      Deposit placed on June 18 2020, for 2021 HTC 2LT Red Mist Tintcoat
      Current 1999 Magnetic Red C5 Z51

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
        Thank you National Corvette Museum for these photos. We await the next batch when the pictures are taken in full sunlight.

Click image for larger version

Name:	297583B4-C76E-4D43-B8F7-FC805748D577.jpeg
Views:	1192
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	193358Click image for larger version

Name:	432E3D93-983A-4339-B7FE-67BC74C11ADA.jpeg
Views:	836
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	193359Click image for larger version

Name:	E11C4A9F-2764-4808-A0D9-EFFC2F486E9A.jpeg
Views:	830
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	193360Click image for larger version

Name:	0AE21FA2-5CE8-4ABB-96A8-58326B9904AE.jpeg
Views:	831
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	193361Click image for larger version

Name:	761B00F4-3F26-4557-8C49-6DA588EFF1BF.jpeg
Views:	829
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	193362Click image for larger version

Name:	110EE13A-F4C1-4C2B-9EF6-1CF444B46DE4.jpeg
Views:	837
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	193363
        I appreciate the effort by the museum to show us some pictures I just wish someone with a high quality camera and light meter would take the photos. You know this is not the true color when you look at the red banner on the Museum building in the background which is red not burgandy.

Comment

Finally we see pictures of the real car!!! It's definitely a lot darker than TR. Wonder how it'll look like in full sunlight and show off the curves... Now I can make a call between Torch Red and Red Mist before my MY21 order goes in.

Comment

Originally posted by 455SDguy View Post

I appreciate the effort by the museum to show us some pictures I just wish someone with a high quality camera and light meter would take the photos. You know this is not the true color when you look at the red banner on the Museum building in the background which is red not burgandy.
            Most likely wasn't the GM Marketing Department

Comment

Originally posted by pksjc View Post
              Finally we see pictures of the real car!!! It's definitely a lot darker than TR. Wonder how it'll look like in full sunlight and show off the curves... Now I can make a call between Torch Red and Red Mist before my MY21 order goes in.
              But not as Dark as Longbeach Red

Comment

Canโ€™t wait to see it in sunlight as well. When looking at the high res pics on the Museum sight, it looks like the interior might have yellow stitching, would really like to see some interior pics since that is the biggest heartburn I have with picking this beautiful color.

Comment

Big Difference ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2020-09-24 164619.jpg
Views:	811
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	193395

Comment

Originally posted by 455SDguy View Post

Originally posted by pksjc View Post
                    But as 455SD points out, this image probably isn't very accurate. I'm playing around with it in Photoshop, trying to get the banner color right and see where the paint ends up, but I'm not quite satisfied yet. I'll keep trying.

Hopefully we'll get some high quality images in sunlight soon. Between the photo books and this, it looks like the museum ought to spend a few bucks to send a couple of people to a photo class to learn how to use their cameras.
                    SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                    >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

On my screen I thought it was LBR. I don't think this quite does it justice. If it would be on display I'd drive back down there this weekend to check it out. BUT, Only 180 miles to Mid-Ohio, would love to see/hear the C8.R!
                      Imaginary 2021 Red Mist (probably) HTC. 3LT but maybe only need 2LT, GT2 Seats, Two Tone Natural probably... Z51 most likely... Standard wheels and Front Lift for sure! So who knows what we'll order:-)

Comment

For those who missed it, this thread was co-posted a second apart, almost identical material, by Marc NY. Thanks Mark NY!!!!
                        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

And ABorC posted the pictures in the Red Mist Color thread almost an hour before that.
                          1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
                          2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

First off - we did use a "good" camera for these. It is a Nikon D700. Secondly - the photos are actually a good representation of what the color looks like under cloudy skies. The color looks completely different when it is not sunny. I have seen both the single panel in person in the sun (and indoors) and now this fully painted car outside in the cloudy weather and they look like two different colors under different lighting scenarios. So take that into consideration when making your color choice.

Also - the stripe on our building does look more burgundy when it is cloudy - so much so that I'd wished we picked a brighter/lighter red (or had them do a lighter primer) as it looked too dark when they painted it. So using that as a reference is not accurate either.

Comment

Originally posted by corvettemuseum View Post
                              First off - we did use a "good" camera for these. It is a Nikon D700. Secondly - the photos are actually a good representation of what the color looks like under cloudy skies. The color looks completely different when it is not sunny. I have seen both the single panel in person in the sun (and indoors) and now this fully painted car outside in the cloudy weather and they look like two different colors under different lighting scenarios. So take that into consideration when making your color choice.

Also - the stripe on our building does look more burgundy when it is cloudy - so much so that I'd wished we picked a brighter/lighter red (or had them do a lighter primer) as it looked too dark when they painted it. So using that as a reference is not accurate either.
                              Thanks for your response. I look forward to you having a sunny day soon so we all can see this awesome color shine.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X