MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Do Not Post Anything Political On This Forum!

Violators will not as usual get a gentle private message. Anything posted from now on that is political SHALL result in a minimum one week banning. We do not care what side of the political realm you are on. Take your politics elsewhere! MECF is a car forum
See more
See less

Article: I'm Going to Daily-Drive a 2020 Corvette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Article: I'm Going to Daily-Drive a 2020 Corvette

From "The Drive"

I'm Going to Daily-Drive a 2020 Chevy Corvette Stingray. What Do You Want to Know About It?

https://www.thedrive.com/new-cars/36...-know-about-it

ve waited a long time to get behind the wheel of the new 2020 Chevy Corvette Stingray, which is still constantly referred to as the "C8" even though it's been out for a while now and there are no other new Corvettes being made aside from it. Finally, I got that chance, and now I get to enjoy what millions of hours of research, engineering, and development look like put together. And for that reason, I have to ask: what do you want to know about the new Stingray?

Yes, I am aware that you'll find dozens of Corvette reviews and even more videos on YouTube, but what I plan on doing with the car is a bit unconventional. I am going to replace my own 2012 Honda Civic with a bright-orange Corvette for about a week and try to live my life the way I usually do.

Click image for larger version

Name:	message-editor%2F1600699308620-img_3052.jpg?quality=60.jpg
Views:	522
Size:	557.8 KB
ID:	193322
    This will involve taking my kid to school, going to the grocery store, running all kinds of errands, and parking a supercar-looking sports car on the street. It's not as fun as lapping a race track, but I'm willing to do this in the name of investigative journalism. And yes, I plan on hooning it, too. Obviously. But I plan on doing Normal Car Things with it to see how that goes.

Typically, you'll read reviews that focus on how fast a sports car is or how good it "carves corners." On YouTube, you'll find endless videos of C8 Corvettes drag racing McLaren 720Ss—because for whatever reason that's relevant—and you'll also learn how to masquerade a new 'Vette as a Ferrari.

Not here, however, because I'm here to reveal whether you can grocery shop for a family of three, or if your back will fall apart after daily driving a C8 for multiple days. The stuff that really matters, right? One thing is for sure; my experience with this Corvette won't be as life-changing as the one in Sam Schmidt's C8 last month. But I'll take my fun where I can.

So, ask away, what kind of non-performance question do you have about "my" rolling pumpkin?
    Note: Don't ask me. Follow the link above and ask the original author.
    SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
    >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

You don't need permission unless the " One Who Must Be Obeyed "...... says NO........ back in the day (60's) my daily drivers were Porsches..... 356/911.... it was just a car....I took it to work , on dates, fishing, hiking , skiing even bird hunting.....

Comment

I'll take a rolling pumpkin 👍👍
      Arctic White 2LT, G8G, HUL, F9, AH2, 5ZZ, E60, STI, SHW J6F, Q8Q, RCC, Z51, ZYC.

Comment

I don't know why this would be a big deal. When I bought my first Corvette, a 2001 coupe, it was my only vehicle. I drove it everywhere, including to Home Depot for bags of mulch.
        1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
        2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

Originally posted by brad66 View Post
          I don't know why this would be a big deal. When I bought my first Corvette, a 2001 coupe, it was my only vehicle. I drove it everywhere, including to Home Depot for bags of mulch.
          Well, I agree with you. But there are large numbers of Corvette owners who will only take their cars out on weekends when the nearest clouds are at least 50 miles away and the temperature is between 70 and 80. And who won't stop anywhere because they don't want to leave it in a public parking lot for 15 minutes.
          SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
          >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

I look for excuses to take my C8 out every day. Today I went to Home Depot, and to the post office, with some twisty roads in between. I've had it for two months, and have four thousand miles on it.
            Torch red 1LT, no options. Built June 4, received July 2

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

Well, I agree with you. But there are large numbers of Corvette owners who will only take their cars out on weekends when the nearest clouds are at least 50 miles away and the temperature is between 70 and 80. And who won't stop anywhere because they don't want to leave it in a public parking lot for 15 minutes.
              I know plenty of people like that and they are missing out on the fun of actually driving them. I have friends who trailer their C7 Z06 to car shows while I drive my 66 everywhere.
              1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
              2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

Originally posted by brad66 View Post
                Because the author drives a 2012 Honda Civic for a daily driver. lol
                2021 Elkhart Lake Blue coupe, 2LT, Front lift, Chrome Ext. Badge package, mag ride, performance exhaust. Feb 2020 refundable deposit to get on dealer allocation list, Aug 2020 signed a PO with dealer and paid non-refundable deposit.

Comment

Mine gets here in less than 2 weeks and will be my DD

Comment

Hey it,s your car.Do it

Comment

Mine will be daily-driven also. These cars were made to be driven, not up on blocks hooked up to a battery in a garage for 6 months out of the year.

Comment

I drive my C-7 Stingray a ton. Had it almost 3 years, Put 33,600 miles on it. Loved every mile driving the Corvette.

Comment

Your Keys, Your Car, Your Choice ... whatever makes you happy.
                          Deposit placed on June 18 2020, for 2021 HTC 2LT Red Mist Tintcoat
                          Current 1999 Magnetic Red C5 Z51

Comment

38,000 miles on my 2015. It would be higher if there had been any place to drive to this summer!

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                            >36,000 miles

Comment

The last 4 corvettes were daily drivers. No garage queens here.
                              Heidi
                              Save the Wave
                              2021 TR HTC 2LT (HTM DTH D86 E60 J6F NPP VQK AH2 SQU)

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X