Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: TONS OF NEWS THIS WEEK

We've been doing Corvette news & headlines podcasts on CORVETTE TODAY since September 2020. I don't remember ever doing a news & headlines podcast with this much critical information packed into one podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/show/...ppfrkBCyZstwdl. This is a "must listen" to podcast. Here are a few of the topics covered in this episode....

1. Chevrolet confirms the introduction this Fall of the 2023 C8 Z06 with a new video release-and it sounds like a Ferrari
2. Corvette dominates sales in Q2 2021
3. Chevy dealerships have received their first 2022 C8 allocations
4. Callaway looks ahead to 2022 and the Callaway C8 Corvette
5. Right-hand drive C8 is revealed at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in the UK
6. New GT-3 spec C8.R expected in 2024
7. California will start failing cars with tuned ECU’s during smog checks
8. The National Corvette Museum delivers their 14,000th Corvette
9. A couple exchanges wedding vows before taking delivery of their C8 at the NCM
10. "Life in the Fast Lane" by The Eagles is a story of cocaine and a fast Corvette
11. Sigala Designs shows off a completed widebody kit for the C8
See more
See less

Check your front shock towers for water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ByteBiz View Post
    Which covers do most members order? The covers at 'angry off road' look the same as the ones at the 'radiator grill store'. Are they the same? Are there others to consider? I notice that the 'angry off road' site is not secure - where are folks ordering from?
    The AOR covers are (or were, I haven't checked lately) available on ebay. Radiator Grill store says their covers are from AOR.
    Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

• Originally posted by My1stVette View Post
      So those super-duper high-pressure water tests during quality acceptance at BGA didn't catch this?
      I believe GM knows about this issue and has said it is acceptable. To me, this would mean, they believe it will never be a safety issue, and the corrosion caused will be considered normal wear and tear well after their warranty has expired. Think I'll just cover them up.
      Torch Red, 2LT, Z51, Q8T, AH2, TU7, FE4, J6N, Deposit July 23, 2019 - 2000 Jan. 20 - 3000 Feb.1 - TPW: July 27, 2020.

Comment

• For ~$60 bucks, the AOR covers are great insurance. I plan on keeping the car for at least a few years and would hate to see rusty bolts on the strut towers. Whether they're needed or not per GM doesn't really affect me. My piece of mind for $60 is worth it having the covers on.

Comment

• Originally posted by pksjc View Post
          For ~$60 bucks, the AOR covers are great insurance. I plan on keeping the car for at least a few years and would hate to see rusty bolts on the strut towers. Whether they're needed or not per GM doesn't really affect me. My piece of mind for $60 is worth it having the covers on.
          Yeah. GM cares about what will be an issue when they have to pay for it i.e. 3 years (maybe a bit more if additional warranty is purchased).

If you plan on keeping this Vette, that assessment from GM should have no value to you. I’ll keep the C8 for decades!
          Coupe, 1LT, Rapid Blue, orange seat belts and black interior. ETA Late 2021.

First mods: tinted windows, orange DIY stitching, orange 12 o clock stripe on steering wheel, orange EL-wire in the cabin, orange engine cover, orange painted grille protectors and orange led light in engine bay✌️😎

Comment

• Originally posted by 16falcon View Post

I read that after I cursed a lot trying to get my passenger side installed. Next time I have it apart, I will loosen that nut and see if I can’t get it to fit better. I left it at a slight angle since I didn’t have room to get it to lay flat. Thanks for the tip, that should help a lot of people.
            Quoting myself, but I did loosen the nut on the AC line the other day and was able to get the cover to lay flat. Thanks Guitarman for the tip.

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
            Just to check, I pulled the covers off my '21 this afternoon to check, and everything seemed dry. Buttoned it back up, and after I've had the opportunity to drive it in a monsoon I'll check again, but hopefully the revised drainage on the 2021s has resolved the issue.
            My 2021 was dry on the passenger side but drivers side had a lot of water. I think the GM solution was only good for the passenger side. I went ahead and installed the covers on both sides.

Comment

• [QUOTE=16falcon;n279228]

Quoting myself, but I did loosen the nut on the AC line the other day and was able to get the cover to lay flat. Thanks Guitarman for the tip.

Glad it worked out for you 16falcon. After trying for about 30 minutes to get the passenger cover to fit, I emailed AOR and he got right back to me with the suggestion about loosening the AC line bracket nut.

For $60, my opinion is to cover it and forget it.

Comment

• Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
                Just to check, I pulled the covers off my '21 this afternoon to check, and everything seemed dry. Buttoned it back up, and after I've had the opportunity to drive it in a monsoon I'll check again, but hopefully the revised drainage on the 2021s has resolved the issue.
                Had my car ceramic coated this week, which of course entailed a thorough wash. Pulled the frunk covers off today to install the AOR covers, and my shock mounts were still dry. I sprayed the inside of the mounts with WD-40 (WD stands for Water Displacement), then put the covers on. Should be good to go now.
                Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

• No struct tower water on my made in March, 2020 C8. However thanks to a great friend who learning of my not having any covers, when he bought a set for himself he bought a set for me too. Thank you friend!

Install was a slight bit fussy but got it accomplished in 30 minutes without an issue.

I was pleased that not only was there no water in either one, but looking at them I saw not evidence that there ever was any.
                  GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

• Originally posted by John View Post
                    No struct tower water on my made in March, 2020 C8. However thanks to a great friend who learning of my not having any covers, when he bought a set for himself he bought a set for me too. Thank you friend!

Install was a slight bit fussy but got it accomplished in 30 minutes without an issue.

I was pleased that not only was there no water in either one, but looking at them I saw not evidence that there ever was any.
                    What I find odd about the strut tower water issue is that some have it and some don’t, but all apparently went through the same water testing at the factory. I understand some later encountered rain, washing, etc., to varying degrees. Mine had none after the factory tests, yet both had water in about 1/3 of the “cups.” Just not sure why.

Comment

• If you want to find out why, just open your frunk and pour water lots of water from your garden hose on the base of the windshield and see where the water goes.
                      After about 5 minutes of a good stream, remove the panels and inspect.
                      After enough years of rusting, those strut tower studs will break off when you go to remove the nuts.
                      Most will never have to remove the struts and most of the time they are removed is because they are being replaced anyway and it won't matter if the studs break off.
                      It is easy to do so I am protecting mine.
                      TPW March 2. 3LT, Z51, FE4, Black GBA, ZZ3, Black interior with Red seats/red stitch HU0 & 2 tone TU7, E60, J6N, RIK, Q8Q, etc.
                      Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X