Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: TONS OF NEWS THIS WEEK

We've been doing Corvette news & headlines podcasts on CORVETTE TODAY since September 2020. I don't remember ever doing a news & headlines podcast with this much critical information packed into one podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/show/...ppfrkBCyZstwdl. This is a "must listen" to podcast. Here are a few of the topics covered in this episode....

1. Chevrolet confirms the introduction this Fall of the 2023 C8 Z06 with a new video release-and it sounds like a Ferrari
2. Corvette dominates sales in Q2 2021
3. Chevy dealerships have received their first 2022 C8 allocations
4. Callaway looks ahead to 2022 and the Callaway C8 Corvette
5. Right-hand drive C8 is revealed at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in the UK
6. New GT-3 spec C8.R expected in 2024
7. California will start failing cars with tuned ECU’s during smog checks
8. The National Corvette Museum delivers their 14,000th Corvette
9. A couple exchanges wedding vows before taking delivery of their C8 at the NCM
10. "Life in the Fast Lane" by The Eagles is a story of cocaine and a fast Corvette
11. Sigala Designs shows off a completed widebody kit for the C8
See more
See less

Check your front shock towers for water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boomer, "Do the other options to deal with this provide for ventilation?"

YES. See post #38 on this thread. Installed mine in November and they don't have any moisture trapped. Plenty of air flow under rubber sheet.
    1LT |Torch Red/Black | MSRP $59,995 | DOB=8/31 | Home on 9/24.
    Splash Guards, Cargo Nets, All weather Jake Floor Mats and Cargo Area Liner, and Front Grille Screens behind grilles.

Comment

• There is a solution you can buy them on Ebay shock tower cover $55 dollar

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	A47A1CAA-D905-4C68-8419-40C42D78F049.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	802.7 KB ID:	259093 Click image for larger version  Name:	98D71D37-5C19-4885-A745-5CBEC3730E8A.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.93 MB ID:	259094 Click image for larger version  Name:	3A2F8FB2-4F88-4C48-954E-9728F08E8813.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	5.30 MB ID:	259095 I installed mine (if I can do it anyone can, really). I watched videos & read instructions to remove cover pieces in frunk, like others hoping not to break any tabs. Like has been mentioned, the wiring harness was “tough” to remove, I used a few of my pry tools. Passenger side was HARD to get right so cover would fit. I kept seeing me knocking loose or breaking a line. After watching one video that said to use a little force to move towards front of car all the time watching/avoiding reservoir/lines that were in the way. Anyways, I added a little more 3M tape underneath covers & I ordered a cable clamp with 3M tape to attach to cover & clip wiring harness to & the it will be done. Looks great!

Comment

• I'm just back from the Ron Fellows Corvette Owners School and they do a walk around a C8 Corvette and show the battery and shock towers. They do NOT put anything over the shock towers and they show signs of water residue in the shock towers. Some rusting of the bolts, why they are not stainless is only a cost question. They power wash the cars each day they are driven in class, about 36 in class 3x per week. They have 100 Corvettes in inventory and they set outside when not being serviced. Their big issue was mice eating the soy wiring to the Mag Ride wires. The wiring is hard wired to the shock but a connector to the wiring harness. So, they had to replace many Mag Ride shocks, (mainly in the rear shocks). It is a very expensive replacement for a 8" to 12" wire! Their solution was to silver tape the wires from the Mag Ride Shock to the wiring harness. Problem solved.
          2021 C8 HTC 2LT Convertible, Red Mist Metallic, GT2 Natural Interior, Front End Lift, Performance Exhaust.

Comment

• Thank you croderique. Great information you shared.
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

• Originally posted by John View Post
              Thank you croderique. Great information you shared.
              I agree; good thing to know about. I am amazed that the car makers continue to use wires with soy based sheaths. This problem has been around for decades. Not to hijack this useful thread, I wonder if there are other wires in the various harness with soy based coverings? --Bob
              2016 Z06 Long Beach Red #10281 "POPS Z"
              -Kalahari, 2LZ, Auto, chrome wheels
              1995 ZR-1 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN" --Haibeck 350/510hp package, Sold but still running strong
              1993 ZR-1 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING" --Sold but still running strong
              1967 Corvette Coupe --Marlboro Maroon/Saddle 300 HP 4 Speed, Sold in 1977
              ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
              Member of Original ZR-1 Registry
              NCM Lifetime Member
              Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
              "Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"

Comment

• Darn good question. I will be at Spring Mountain within a month and will ask if no one is there before then.
                GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Warp Ten View Post

I agree; good thing to know about. I am amazed that the car makers continue to use wires with soy based sheaths. This problem has been around for decades. Not to hijack this useful thread, I wonder if there are other wires in the various harness with soy based coverings? --Bob
                  I think you can bet that most of the wires have soy based insulation. It's cheaper than plastic, and more environmentally sound, which is something all car makers say they're working on. (I suspect the cheaper part is more important to GM than the environmental part, though.) And it's not just GM, either.
                  Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

• Well.... I got the frunk covers off yesterday and the driver's side had a decent amount of water in it, but the passenger side was bone dry.

I got the driver's side cover installed without any issues, but the passenger side fought me enough that I decided to check on it in a couple weeks after some washes and see how it looks. The online video shows a non-mag ride car with the front lift, so the cap is 'easy' to rotate around to fit into place.

I'm sure there's a trick, but I wasn't going to get flustered and break something.
                    Brian Huber
                    Previous Corvettes
                    2002 Z06 - SCCA autocross car - 58SSR ( Sold 4/20 )
                    2003 Vert - Wife's stress relief/therapy car ( Sold 7/20 )

2021 Coupe Black #6936 - Natural two-tone. 2LT, Mag-ride, NPP, Edge Red Calipers. NCM delivery ( Status 3000 as of 1/11/21 , 3300 as of 2/16/21, 3400 as of 3/9/21, 3800 as of 3/15/21, NCM Delivery 3/29)

Comment

• Originally posted by AverageVetteNut View Post
                      Well.... I got the frunk covers off yesterday and the driver's side had a decent amount of water in it, but the passenger side was bone dry.

I got the driver's side cover installed without any issues, but the passenger side fought me enough that I decided to check on it in a couple weeks after some washes and see how it looks. The online video shows a non-mag ride car with the front lift, so the cap is 'easy' to rotate around to fit into place.

I'm sure there's a trick, but I wasn't going to get flustered and break something.
                      The trick is to loosen the nut that holds the a/c hard line bracket to the fender. That might give you enough wiggle room to move the cover into place.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guitarman View Post

The trick is to loosen the nut that holds the a/c hard line bracket to the fender. That might give you enough wiggle room to move the cover into place.
                        I read that after I cursed a lot trying to get my passenger side installed. Next time I have it apart, I will loosen that nut and see if I can’t get it to fit better. I left it at a slight angle since I didn’t have room to get it to lay flat. Thanks for the tip, that should help a lot of people.

Comment

• Originally posted by 16falcon View Post

I read that after I cursed a lot trying to get my passenger side installed. Next time I have it apart, I will loosen that nut and see if I can’t get it to fit better. I left it at a slight angle since I didn’t have room to get it to lay flat. Thanks for the tip, that should help a lot of people.
                          I removed the nut entirely which allowed the A/C line to move enough to allow the cover to rotate into place without exerting undue pressure. It was easy to access for removal and replacement.

Comment

• thanks for the tip!
                            Once I check it again in a couple weeks, I'll try that.
                            Brian Huber
                            Previous Corvettes
                            2002 Z06 - SCCA autocross car - 58SSR ( Sold 4/20 )
                            2003 Vert - Wife's stress relief/therapy car ( Sold 7/20 )

2021 Coupe Black #6936 - Natural two-tone. 2LT, Mag-ride, NPP, Edge Red Calipers. NCM delivery ( Status 3000 as of 1/11/21 , 3300 as of 2/16/21, 3400 as of 3/9/21, 3800 as of 3/15/21, NCM Delivery 3/29)

Comment

• Just to check, I pulled the covers off my '21 this afternoon to check, and everything seemed dry. Buttoned it back up, and after I've had the opportunity to drive it in a monsoon I'll check again, but hopefully the revised drainage on the 2021s has resolved the issue.
                              Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

• My 21 produced in May had quite a bit of water in drivers side tower when it arrived at the dealer, 7 days after it was produced. I installed the covers.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X