To “Z” or not to “Z”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flaring Afro View Post
    My take on the track warranty is I don't plan on taking it to the track for at least a year and it will be my daily driver. By the time I do take it, the drivetrain might not even be under warranty anyways. The better cooling and brakes still could help, except this would be my first time going to something bigger than an autocross and I simply wouldn't be pushing it near it's limits.
    You're going to exceed 60,000 miles in one year????

SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
    >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

You're going to exceed 60,000 miles in one year????

I meant I wouldn't be taking it within the first year and may not until it's out of warranty anyways. Either way it's not as likely to blow up on the track as a brand new car that may have a defect and would not last the first year even on the street.

Comment

I think if your wife said to go ahead and get the options, then that is the end of the discussion. Don't give her a reason to change her mind!!! Lol. Enjoy.
        2020 C8, Elkhart Lake Blue, Sky Cool Gray, LT2, Z51, GT2 Seats, FE4 mag ride, nose lift, performance exhaust, carbon flash wheels. Loving it!

Comment

ELB2020VETTE True, and they do and will, won’t they! 🤓
          "07/01/20 Placed deposit on 2021 C8 Coupe: 08/01/20 Preliminary order placed in GM Workbench: 2LT: G9F: FE2: NPP: VST: VDK: R8C"

Comment

This is what I had to decide when I built my C8. First off my 2016 3LT C7 isn't a Z51 packaged car and I enjoy everything about it. I don't track it, I'm not concerned with the resale price either. So when I went about building my C8 I took these into consideration and went without the Z51Package. I did go with the Zeus Bronze 3LT over the 2LT package as I liked the Natural Dipped interior, Front lift, Performance Exhaust, Engine Appearance package, High Wing Spoiler(Deleted), Black calipers and Seatbelts, Sterling Silver Full length stipes , Composite Rockers in Black, Chrome Badges and Splash Guards. By not going the Z51 Package I was able to keep the price down with reason.
            J Balmer, Pemberton, NJ Medford Lakes Corvette Club Member
            "3LT Zeus Bronze, Natural Dipped, NNP, E60, ZZ3 Engine Package, 5ZZ , 719, J6A Black calipers, DUB Sterling Silver Racing Stripe, BV4,"

Comment

Buying a CORVETTE is not a NEED, it's a WANT.

So whatever you WANT should support whatever your NEEDS are in Car.
              Deposit placed on June 18 2020, for 2021 HTC 2LT Red Mist Tintcoat
              Current 1999 Magnetic Red C5 Z51

Comment

There were two features of the z51 package that I definitely did not want, the summer tires, and the front splitter. Living in New Jersey, I have had horrifying experiences driving on summer tires in cold weather.
                The front splitter lowers the clearance and requires addition of the lift system, which to me just doesn't make sense. I got the 1lt with no options. I have four thousand miles on it, and have not yet found an option I wish I had.
                Torch red 1LT, no options. Built June 4, received July 2

Comment

Definition of option: A thing that is or may be chosen. Pretty much wraps it up for every individual or more clearly, get what you want!

Comment

Originally posted by CVII View Post
                    Definition of option: A thing that is or may be chosen. Pretty much wraps it up for every individual or more clearly, get what you want!
                    And can afford.
                    SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                    >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

You will absolutely regret not ordering Z51 and MAG. But almost as important is the 2LT because of the PDR and the cams. My opinion the rear view mirror cam is a must, Plus every time you park, you will be glad you have the front, rear, and side cams. PDR is set up to record everything whenever the car is running.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy K View Post
                        You will absolutely regret not ordering Z51 and MAG.
                        I don’t think I will regret not ordering Z51 although I did order MSRC (FE2) for my 2021 3LT HTC. I am not going to track the the car so nothing I need in Z51 Package. I prefer the look without the rear spoiler and I also prefer the All Season tires so makes more sense to me to pass on Z51. “Absolutely” is a pretty strong word, for some people the Z51 package is a good option for others it adds no value or even detracts from what they want in a C8.

Comment

C8VETTE “I have four thousand miles on it, and have not yet found an option I wish I had.”

I bet you wish you had a Targa Top that was scratch proof and ding proof. Just saying 🤪
                          "07/01/20 Placed deposit on 2021 C8 Coupe: 08/01/20 Preliminary order placed in GM Workbench: 2LT: G9F: FE2: NPP: VST: VDK: R8C"

Comment

Originally posted by hogyld View Post
                            C8VETTE “I have four thousand miles on it, and have not yet found an option I wish I had.”

I bet you wish you had a Targa Top that was scratch proof and ding proof. Just saying 🤪
                            Fortunately, as someone here said, it landed butter side up
                            Torch red 1LT, no options. Built June 4, received July 2

Comment

Originally posted by Andy K View Post
                              You will absolutely regret not ordering Z51 and MAG. But almost as important is the 2LT because of the PDR and the cams. My opinion the rear view mirror cam is a must, Plus every time you park, you will be glad you have the front, rear, and side cams. PDR is set up to record everything whenever the car is running.
                              I don't have Z51 or Mag Ride on my C7, and haven't regretted it for a single minute. Your needs and wants aren't everyone's needs or wants. I also don't really care about PDR, but agree in general about the 2LT. What "side cams"? There are no side cameras on any C8: all of them have a backup camera, and 2 and 3LTs have two in the grill and one on the roof; That's all.

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                              >36,000 miles

Comment

Ditto that. One’s biggest need of course is to live comfortably within one’s prescribed budget. Of those of us who have Z51 we sure like it, but what percentage of us use that capability in any time period?
                                GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X