• Blackstone Analysis of oil after first oil change - complete

Oil analysis complete.

Comments, questions?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Forum Oil.jpg
Views:	432
Size:	4.96 MB
ID:	190806

As the owner of this car, do you think you should have changed the oil sooner? How often during the wear-in period do you think one should change the oil?
    C8 Coupe, Zeus Bronze, 3LT, TU7, HUE, GUI, CF7, EFY, EYK, J6N, NPP, E60, STI, VQK

Comment

Interesting information, I never keep my cars long enough. The report looks to be normal as the engine components are breaking in.

Comment

I don't think that I should have changed the oil sooner; I was early according to the maintenance schedule. I am very glad that I changed it though!!! Those numbers tell me that it doesn't hurt to change it early. I'm no expert, but I am assuming that it is a good idea to get the contaminants out asap but you have to allow them to accumulate first I suppose! I don't know the sweet spot; but i am happy with my choice.

I had it changed at this point as I live 800 km from the closest Corvette Dealer and this was the last time before Winter that I was going to be there.

Comment

You have to compare it to clean oil, and very dirty oil. I'm no expert but I'd say that's all normal.
          Does it hurt to change your oil early? No. It only hurts your pocket book.
          Does it hurt the car to follow the maintenance guide? I doubt you will notice any difference in the life of the car.
          Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
          2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
          Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
          3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

That report reminds me of going to the doctor and getting bloodwork done. Suffice it to say I don’t have any antifreeze, metal shavings, or silicon. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. Thanks for sharing.
            Blade Silver, Z51 black/red two tone seats, 3LT, red seat belts, Black trident wheels, red engine cover, front lift, lighted sill plates, 3000 March 2020; 3300 TPW August 17th as of July 31st. Born August 13th, 2020. As of August 27th it’s at the dealership!😁 Now for the LPO’s...Delivered September 8th 2020πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
            Working...
            X