MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Welcome Ikon Performance As Our Featured Forum Vendor

We are extremely pleased to have the high quality firm of Ikon Performance join us with their C8 exhaust system being their lead C8 product. Ikon is at: http://www.ikonperformance.com/c8-Co...xhaust-system/ Their C8 exhaust is bent, made of 304 stainless, with round exhaust tips and more.
2 of 4 < >

Corvette Today Podcast IS On Now With CorvetteBlogger and Steve Garrett

Steve Garrett and CorvetteBlogger Keith Cornett examine “Corvette Headlines & News” for mid-September 2020. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...rftb Included in this episode are: The Corvette Visualizer for 2021 is now online; The National Corvette Museum raffles off the 1.75 millionth Corvette; Electric, all-wheel drive Corvette possibly coming out in 2023;Country Music star George Jones’ Corvette gets donated to the NCM;.....and more!Stay current on what's going on in the world of Corvette with this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
3 of 4 < >

FOLLOW THIS FORUM RULE!

All shall follow this forum rule:

“11. Do not post URL links to any product or service that is offered by a forum vendor. Exception: If the product or service you wish to link is one that you know is not offered by a forum supporting vendor, you may post that link. Examples of the latter could include tools, common products like duct/electrical tape, motor oil, and/or providers of specialized upgrade, maintenance or repair services.”

You may use a non forum business name, posting such as, “I buy at Joe’s” but again may not post a link to nor a URL of Joe’s.
See more
See less

Cherohala Skyway Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cherohala Skyway Drive

Finally got around to doing this drive in the C8 and of course it rained.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0760.PNG
Views:	269
Size:	7.68 MB
ID:	190732

Still fun of course, but did you know Chevy still hasn't heard of rain sensing wipers? Only manual twisting of the interval settings.

This car is as expensive as a well optioned SUV or sedan so why not use the appropriate tech they have?

Apart from fiddling with the wiper settings as conditions changed around every corner, it handled with confidence and stability. It really has impressive cornering prowess, which is handy in case you get in a little deep. Which can happen as you are distracted playing with the wiper interval settings!
    Attached Files

As to driving Cherohala Skyway Drive, what a fantastic place to drive a Corvette and see great scenery.

I have had rain sensing wipers on two vehicles and quickly “disconnected” that option. Living in Oregon with so many constantly changing rain patterns, in my personal opinion it was a complete PIA, needing more adjustment than having to do so myself without it. So for me, less weight, less cost, and less negatives than having rain sensing.

But clearly not everyone agrees with my thinking...
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

It's definitely one of the things I miss as I haven't had a car without rain sense for years. Living in Florida we always have rain coming and going. However with all of the other positive aspects of the C8 I will get used to it. Not a deal breaker for sure. However if they do incorporate one in the future, they should use the ones in the Caddy's CTS-V and ATS-V as they work perfectly.
      Rocket City Florida

Comment

Cherohala Skyway is a great ride. Hopefully you were also able to continue on and drive the Tail of the Dragon also. I live about 30 minutes away and try to make that loop several times a year. My HTC is coming the end of this month and I can’t wait to take it there.
        Stingray HTC, 2LT, (G1E)Long Beach Red, (HTM) Black interior, (Q8T)Spectra Grey Whls, (NPP)Performance Exhaust, (EFY) Body colored side vents and front and rear inserts, (AH2) GT2 seats, (E60) Front Lift, (J6N) Edge Red Calipers, (STI) Composite molded black rockers, (VQK) Splash guards, (R8C) Museum Delivery

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
          I have had rain sensing wipers on two vehicles and quickly “disconnected” that option. Living in Oregon with so many constantly changing rain patterns, in my personal opinion it was a complete PIA, needing more adjustment than having to do so myself without it. So for me, less weight, less cost, and less negatives than having rain sensing
          I agree 100%...they are a major PIA.

Also, Tadge has mentioned several times that they purposely leave some of the technology off of these great cars in order to help retain at least some of the total driver connected experience that many of us prefer.
          '64 Silver Grey Coupe (custom paint)- still our favorite
          '77 Black L82 / 4SPD
          '78 Silver Anniversary L82 / 4SPD
          '13 White/Blue Diamond 427 60th roadster - favorite late model
          '14 Black Z51 Coupe
          '15 Shark Grey Z51 Coupe
          '20 ... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels

Ordered 7/28/19 / 2000 3/12 / 3400 9/19

Comment

Originally posted by TNRunner View Post
            Cherohala Skyway is a great ride. Hopefully you were also able to continue on and drive the Tail of the Dragon also. I live about 30 minutes away and try to make that loop several times a year. My HTC is coming the end of this month and I can’t wait to take it there.
            Post your pics when you get the car. Denizen and I are also located in the area
            2020 Convertible, Torch Red, 2LT, NPP, Natural, GT1, E60, Q8Q, perpetual status 3000

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post

I agree 100%...they are a major PIA.

Also, Tadge has mentioned several times that they purposely leave some of the technology off of these great cars in order to help retain at least some of the total driver connected experience that many of us prefer.
              I suppose Tadge will be putting a rotary dial am/fm radio on the Z06 then. That' a really driver connected experience!

Comment

Originally posted by Denizen View Post

I suppose Tadge will be putting a rotary dial am/fm radio on the Z06 then. That' a really driver connected experience!
                Please take that stuff to the other forum where it belongs!
                '64 Silver Grey Coupe (custom paint)- still our favorite
                '77 Black L82 / 4SPD
                '78 Silver Anniversary L82 / 4SPD
                '13 White/Blue Diamond 427 60th roadster - favorite late model
                '14 Black Z51 Coupe
                '15 Shark Grey Z51 Coupe
                '20 ... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels

Ordered 7/28/19 / 2000 3/12 / 3400 9/19

Comment

The Cherohala Skyway Drive is one of my very favorites rides of all time. The Tail of the Dragon is too tight to be much fun you can't get going before hard braking for the next Conner. Got pulled over by NC Highway Patrol, he was very nice even though I passed him on the double yellow at about 85 or 90. He said what are you doing up here from Texas and I said just enjoying the beautiful scenery and great roads. He said don't you know it's against the law to pass on the double yellow? So quick thinking I used the Clinton defense and said it is? He let me go with just a warning and said to be carful and keep the speed down. I thought I was going to Jail for sure. But my age always helps they are always shocked when I pull my Helmet off and they see how old I am. They don't know I started riding in 1965.

Sorry for the long story but the Cherohala Skyway is one Great Road and North Carolina Highway Patrol are alright in my book.

Thanks,
                  Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Denizen View Post
                    Still fun of course, but did you know Chevy still hasn't heard of rain sensing wipers? Only manual twisting of the interval settings.

This car is as expensive as a well optioned SUV or sedan so why not use the appropriate tech they have?

Apart from fiddling with the wiper settings as conditions changed around every corner, it handled with confidence and stability. It really has impressive cornering prowess, which is handy in case you get in a little deep. Which can happen as you are distracted playing with the wiper interval settings!
                    Don’t drive in the rain, problem solved! (That’s what I do).
                    Future: 2020 C8 Z51 3LT Torch Red - 3000 status
                    Current: 2014 C7 Z51 3LT Torch Red
                    Prior: 1992 C4, 1995 C4 2002 C5, 2005 C6, 2010 C6

Comment

Or get the glass ceramic coated and it beads off as you drive. I have some of my cars done and it works great.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X