See less

Coupe Over HTC In Cargo Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the usable space is the same. If you look the only difference is at the top of the trunk where they needed more room to stow the top from the coupe. But if you were to bring the back wall of the coupe line up to the top of the trunk it is the same as the HTC. Also if you leave the coupe top in the garage just make sure you check the weather before you go out. Don't have to do that with the HTC

Comment

Originally posted by Ragtop 99 View Post
      The coupe's shelf area will carry a large pizza versus a small for the vert. that space may come in handy sometimes, but not often.

What is the SAE volume for each?
      You can fit a large pizza on an 8" wide shelf? You need to find a better pizza parlor.

Originally posted by jjsaustin View Post

Not so fast.... With the top up the HTC can carry 2 extra large pizzas side by side where the top is normally stored... right over the engine
      And keep them HOT!
      SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
      >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

OMG this is getting childish! But what the heck, I can do childish, I'll jump in!

First off, if I'd opted for a vert I still wouldn't have a car, much less enjoyed the 2000 miles I've put on the coupe. (coupe "for the win").

Secondly, no one leaves their top in the garage and gets caught in the rain. However when it does rain I get to enjoy having light come thru the transparent top and watch the rain roll off. Does your vert have a transparent top? No? (Coupe "for the win")

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0076.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	2.19 MB
ID:	190724

Third, this is the first ever mid engined Corvette and when the admiring throngs ask "where's the engine?", I can light up the engine bay and proudly display this unique feature.
        Can your vert do that? I suppose you could unscrew the 22 bolts holding the engine compartment cover off and point to the dark, dull, plastic lump instead a glistening red custom engine cover, but by that time the afore mentioned admiring throngs have long since departed. Probably to find a coupe to drool over.

Name:	IMG_0462.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	1.81 MB
ID:	190725

Finally, I have yet to use the oven in the back to store anything other than the top. However I use the frunk all the time and it's the exact same size in both versions of the Stingray.

Corvette "for the win".

Name:	IMG_0209.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	3.05 MB
ID:	190726

Comment

Originally posted by C8broughtmeback View Post

Coupe! When top stored in garage....BAM!
          You cheated!!!

Comment

Funny - I just clicked on this thread for the first time as the topic didn't spark my interest. I hope this thread is in jest... (seriously, if you have a C8, you should be ecstatic). Speaking for myself, I don't give a flip which trunk is bigger, I just want to have my first ever Corvette in the garage. I am choosing the HTC because, well, I just think it's super cool. And, I don't want to fool with keeping the engine bay clean on the coupe. But, to be crystal clear - if my dealer calls about placing my order and the convertible is on constraint (for whatever unthinkable, crazy reason), I'll order a coupe so fast it'll make your head spin. I am really looking forward to owning one of these AWESOME cars regardless of how the sun gains access to my face!
            2021 Red Mist Tintcoat, convertible

Comment

Chevrolet lists the cargo volume identically for both coupe and convertible at 356.8l. In both the 2020 and 2021 Order Guides.
              Convertible delivered 9/11/20 — Long Beach Red/Natural, 3LT, Z51, FE4 Suspension, E60 Front Lift, FA5 Carbon Fiber Trim, Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents, 5ZZ High Wing, D84 Carbon Flash Top & Nacelles, ZYC Carbon Flash Mirrors, 3N9 Tan Belts, VQK Splash Guards.

Comment

Originally posted by First Vette View Post
                Funny - I just clicked on this thread for the first time as the topic didn't spark my interest. I hope this thread is in jest...
                Yes, all in good fun.

Originally posted by CaryBob View Post
                Chevrolet lists the cargo volume identically for both coupe and convertible at 356.8l. In both the 2020 and 2021 Order Guides.
                As Tadge said at the NCM 25th, the SAE measurement is highly misleading. It's based on putting a bunch of square boxes in the cargo area. So if you have a regularly shaped rectangular trunk, you'll get a "bigger" measurement than a trunk that is really the same size but irregularly shaped. The C8 is rated at, IIRC, a couple of Cu Ft lower cargo capacity than the C7, but Tadge said all the fitted soft luggage designed for the C7 will fit in the C8.

The C7 is certainly better able to handle long or bulky items, but the C8 will hold a heck of a lot of soft luggage, coupe or convertible. Comparing the two in Jeremy's video, it looks like the coupe might have room for a couple of small items on top of the "shelf" that wouldn't fit in the HTC, but that's about it.
                SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by First Vette View Post
                  Funny - I just clicked on this thread for the first time as the topic didn't spark my interest. I hope this thread is in jest... (seriously, if you have a C8, you should be ecstatic). Speaking for myself, I don't give a flip which trunk is bigger, I just want to have my first ever Corvette in the garage. I am choosing the HTC because, well, I just think it's super cool. And, I don't want to fool with keeping the engine bay clean on the coupe. But, to be crystal clear - if my dealer calls about placing my order and the convertible is on constraint (for whatever unthinkable, crazy reason), I'll order a coupe so fast it'll make your head spin. I am really looking forward to owning one of these AWESOME cars regardless of how the sun gains access to my face!
                  Yes, very tongue in cheek!

It was late and I felt like joining in the fun.

It's like asking which supermodel has better earlobes. It matters so little that a silly thread is bound to ensue.

I assumed everyone got the dry humor but apologies if any earlobe fetishists were offended.😁😉😎

Comment

Originally posted by Denizen View Post

Yes, very tongue in cheek!

It was late and I felt like joining in the fun.

It's like asking which supermodel has better earlobes. It matters so little that a silly thread is bound to ensue.

I assumed everyone got the dry humor but apologies if any earlobe fetishists were offended.😁😉😎
                    All good!! I was thinking, "Geez, I just want one of these cars regardless of the trunk space!" I absolutely wasn't offended. BTW, I like the analogy. When I saw John's post, "Sorry meyerweb and HTC fanboys/girls — especially meyerweb’s post the other day, “the HTC for the win,” but not in this area.", I was thinking, "Huh, John's usually a serious guy!" Anyhow, I can't wait to join in the fun as an owner versus an admirer! **John - I think you're a Corvette Rock Star! Thanks for all you do to keep this forum enjoyable.
                    2021 Red Mist Tintcoat, convertible

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X