MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Welcome Ikon Performance As Our Featured Forum Vendor

We are extremely pleased to have the high quality firm of Ikon Performance join us with their C8 exhaust system being their lead C8 product. Ikon is at: http://www.ikonperformance.com/c8-Co...xhaust-system/ Their C8 exhaust is bent, made of 304 stainless, with round exhaust tips and more.
2 of 4 < >

Corvette Today Podcast IS On Now With CorvetteBlogger and Steve Garrett

Steve Garrett and CorvetteBlogger Keith Cornett examine “Corvette Headlines & News” for mid-September 2020. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...rftb Included in this episode are: The Corvette Visualizer for 2021 is now online; The National Corvette Museum raffles off the 1.75 millionth Corvette; Electric, all-wheel drive Corvette possibly coming out in 2023;Country Music star George Jones’ Corvette gets donated to the NCM;.....and more!Stay current on what's going on in the world of Corvette with this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
3 of 4 < >

FOLLOW THIS FORUM RULE!

All shall follow this forum rule:

“11. Do not post URL links to any product or service that is offered by a forum vendor. Exception: If the product or service you wish to link is one that you know is not offered by a forum supporting vendor, you may post that link. Examples of the latter could include tools, common products like duct/electrical tape, motor oil, and/or providers of specialized upgrade, maintenance or repair services.”

You may use a non forum business name, posting such as, “I buy at Joe’s” but again may not post a link to nor a URL of Joe’s.
See more
See less

Coupe Over HTC In Cargo Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coupe Over HTC In Cargo Area

We thank CorvetteBlogger and specifically Jeremy Welborn for providing us some interesting comparisons showing that the coupe’s trunk is larger than the HTC‘s.

Sorry meyerweb and HTC fanboys/girls — especially meyerweb’s post the other day, “the HTC for the win,” but not in this area.

I love how each group keeps pushing their choice as the best one. There is no best version for they are both fantastic!

Click image for larger version  Name:	C211E604-3B12-4B05-8C1E-5E197CBC0AC8.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	88.3 KB ID:	190627

Originally posted by CorvetteBlogger
    The C8 Corvette’s Coupe and Convertible Trunks Are Not The Same

By
    Keith Cornett -

Sep 15, 2020203

Photo Credits: Jeremy Welborn

With the 2020 Corvette Convertibles now showing up in customer’s garages, we are learning some new tidbits about the car as well as how it’s different from the mid-engine Coupe model which came out earlier this year.

We know that having adequate storage space was a must when designing the new Corvette as enthusiasts like to travel. That’s why the coupe and convertible models both offer storage space in the front and rear of the car. As the Convertible top no longer encroaches on the rear storage area because it now folds on top of the engine, there are no compromises for storage when it comes to the convertible.
    The rear storage area of the C8 Corvette Coupe

As for the coupe, there was also the design requirement of needing to store the removable roof panel when drivers are looking for that “top off” driving experience. Designers came up with a solution that allows the owner to store it in the rear trunk where it can be safely locked into place when not on the car.
    Because the “engine packaging” requirements are slightly different for both cars as well, it shouldn’t be a surprise that the rear storage areas are shaped differently for each model.

CorvetteBlogger contributor Jeremy Welborn found that out last week as he was loaded up his luggage to make the drive from Maryland to Oklahoma in his dad’s new’s 2020 Corvette Convertible. Jeremy owns a Z51 Coupe and has already done several road trips in his car. He found that the trunk on the Coupe model is slightly larger due to how the removable roof panel locks into place at an angle, while the Convertible model space is slightly impacted by the coolant reservoir that we saw when Jeremy explored the Convertible’s engine compartment.
    Below are two photos and Jeremy stuck a tape measure on each one so you can see the difference.
    First, here is the Coupe’s trunk which measures in at 23 inches wide from the latch to the forward edge.

The Convertible’s trunk measures in at 17 inches wide as the forward edge is more vertical than that on the Coupe:

While that Coupe’s trunk might offer just a little bit more space overall, both still appear to offer decent storage capacity when it comes to carrying luggage, golf clubs, and other similar-sized cargo.

Source:
    Photos by Jeremy Welborn
    https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2020...-not-the-same/

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Let me ask you this. When both cars have their tops down, whose storage is bigger? (Mic drop)
    HTC Ceramic Matrix Gray/Morello Red
    Deposit: 7/29/19; Allocation-3000: 3/12/20; TPW: 10/26/20, 10/19/20;and waiting, and waiting.....

Comment

Originally posted by KLZ View Post
      Let me ask you this. When both cars have their tops down, whose storage is bigger? (Mic drop)
      Coupe! When top stored in garage....BAM!

Comment

COUPE - HTC...I’d say BOTH are WINNERS!👍🏼

Comment

Originally posted by C8broughtmeback View Post

Coupe! When top stored in garage....BAM!
          HTC when coupe top stored in garage and caught in sudden downpour.... THUNDERCLAP!

Comment

The convertible doesn't seem to be giving up that much room, it's still a pretty large storage area for a convertible.

Comment

fyi -

Just rewatched the Leno and Tadge video on the first drive with HTC -

Tadge made the following comments when Jay asked him to compare the coupe and the convertible trunk space, "...the trunk space is actually about exactly the same"; and, "...on paper the number is the same, the shape is just slightly different".

Red conv w/3LT, black nacelles and roof, black interior with two-tone red seats, front lift, NPP, red calipers, black wheels and mirrors.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                We thank CorvetteBlogger and specifically Jeremy Welborn for providing us some interesting comparisons showing that the coupe’s trunk is larger than the HTC‘s.

Sorry meyerweb and HTC fanboys/girls — especially meyerweb’s post the other day, “the HTC for the win,” but not in this area.
                Don't get too excited, that 5 inches is only at the very top of the opening and is very shallow. It doesn't go all the way down and the bulk of the trunk is the same.

Also the tape measure doesn't start at the same point, so maybe it's like 4 inches at the very top and at the very widest point. Take a closer look at the shape. In reality, maybe enough space for a purse.
                Last edited by jjsaustin; 09-15-2020, 06:27 PM.

Comment

I knew my thread would start some strong difference perspective posts. How cool it is that so many of us are passionate about our coupes and so many of us are passionate about our HTC’s and their coming arrival.

DOUBLE winners IMO/
                  GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

It looks like if you measure it from just the openings and you do not add the "shelf" in the coupe, they are pretty close to being the same size.
                    Formerly Arctic Stingray (No sense having this username anymore since I haven't had my arctic in 15 years 🤣)
                    Rapid Blue 3LT, HTC, Z51, HTO, D84, E60, FE4, J6F, ZYC.

Comment

If I can get my Golf Bag and Clubs in my HTC, that will be fine ... if not, they can ride upfront with me
                      Deposit placed on June 18 2020, for 2021 HTC 2LT Red Mist Tintcoat
                      Current 1999 Magnetic Red C5 Z51

Comment

That tape measure photo is a little bit misleading. The extra front to back distance is only a few inches deep, not all the way to the floor. You could fit a little bit more in there, but not really a lot. The "deep" part of the trunk appears to be about 12 1/2" on both (and with no roof latches getting in the way). And, of course, if you store the targa in the trunk then you lose about 90% of the rear trunk to the top, whereas you lose none by putting the HTC top down.

I still say HTC for the win. I can carry almost as much as the coupe with the top on, and lose nothing with the top down.
                        Last edited by meyerweb; 09-15-2020, 08:02 PM.
                        SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                        >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Then a rain cloud rolls over.... HTC pushes a button and problem solved! Coupe is left out in the rain, but still has trunk space since top is at home in garage 😂
                          2021 2LT HTC, front lift, MRCS, GT2 natural seats, Perf. exh and all wrapped in Red Mist metallic riding on aftermarket wheels 😎

Comment

The coupe's shelf area will carry a large pizza versus a small for the vert. that space may come in handy sometimes, but not often.

What is the SAE volume for each?
                            Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods.

C8 HTC with Z51 FE4. Bumped to a 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragtop 99 View Post
                              The coupe's shelf area will carry a large pizza versus a small for the vert. that space may come in handy sometimes, but not often.

What is the SAE volume for each?
                              Not so fast.... With the top up the HTC can carry 2 extra large pizzas side by side where the top is normally stored... right over the engine

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X