X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAY11
    replied
    Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
    Has anyone actually tested this yet? Start the car once in Tour mode, then restart it in Track, and see if the sound level is different?
    Yes, I did just that before I posted. There is a start up difference in Tour and Track

Leave a comment:

• BloodRedSkies737
    replied
    Set all the quiet **** in MyMode, put the Zmode settings aggressive or the way you like to drive.

When you shut down in Zmode start up is Tour by default. That way if you forget on shut down to switch to MyMode you get your and if you're in MyMode it will start in it nice and quiet next time.

Leave a comment:

• meyerweb
    replied
    Has anyone actually tested this yet? Start the car once in Tour mode, then restart it in Track, and see if the sound level is different?

Leave a comment:

• RipCollins
    replied
    Assuming it functions as the C7, press the start button without your foot on the brake pedal. The gauges and Infotainment displays will display. Change mode to Touring. The exhaust will be quiet. When past your neighbors, change the mode to Sport, etc. for the sound you prefer.

Now, if I could just get my 2021 Z51 HTC actually ordered... 🤨

Leave a comment:

• capevettes
    replied
    Originally posted by shiumai View Post

Beautiful place! I'm just imagining flocks of crows taking off from the trees every time you start the Vette up, lol.
    Thanks. It's really the boat that the people around the lake don't like. It's very loud and I go out early every morning.

Leave a comment:

• shiumai
    replied
    Originally posted by capevettes View Post
    I like loud all the time. That's why I live here, with no neighbors!!
    Beautiful place! I'm just imagining flocks of crows taking off from the trees every time you start the Vette up, lol.

Leave a comment:

• Murray20c8
    replied
    Quick way to get to tour:
    Hit Z mode button twice.

Leave a comment:

• btorlv
    replied
    I love that bark, that's one of the things that make the C8 so cool.

Leave a comment:

• capevettes
    replied
    I like loud all the time. That's why I live here, with no neighbors!!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	drone over Horton.jpeg
Views:	211
Size:	7.41 MB
ID:	190772

Leave a comment:

• Prefurbia
    replied
    Thanks - I do start the car in the garage (my previous V12S Vantage there was no quiet mode - Aston Martin loud all the time). Last night I remembered to put in tour mode when entering the neighborhood - this AM it could be my imagination, but it seemed to be less bark on start-up.

Leave a comment:

• Neil H
    replied
    Whenever I forget to switch it to Tour mode the night before, I do exactly like DAY11 mentioned and it is quieter when started in Tour Mode.

Leave a comment:

replied
    I can do what I want. I am not in an HOA. I would normally respect everyone but not this neighbor. He has called the police before because I told him to do it and they came and said everything is OK.

Leave a comment:

• meyerweb
    replied
    Originally posted by Buddy View Post
    I just need neighbor mode.
    Same here, I hope we can get an accurate answer. If the performance exhaust is always open on start up regardless of the mode the car is in, then I would need to eliminate this option while I still can. In many neighborhoods this action would subject you to fines, and you would need to silence the car.(Putting car in a closed garage every time for restart is not an option, neither would parking in a hospital zone)
    The C8 meets all legal sound level requirements. And federal requirements preempt any state and local regulations.
    Last edited by meyerweb; 09-15-2020, 10:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DAY11
    replied
    If you forget to set the mode when you park...

hold the start button without foot on the brake. Wait for it to fully light up the dash. rotate the selector to tour and then start the car .. Foot on brake and start button.

I just did this in my garage. I too have my mode as Track exhaust. I rotated the dial (in service mode)and set it to tour and it was noticeably quieter. I put it back to my mode and it was louder.

Leave a comment:

• Buddy
    replied
    I just need neighbor mode.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I hope we can get an accurate answer. If the performance exhaust is always open on start up regardless of the mode the car is in, then I would need to eliminate this option while I still can. In many neighborhoods this action would subject you to fines, and you would need to silence the car.(Putting car in a closed garage every time for restart is not an option, neither would parking in a hospital zone)

Leave a comment:

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
Working...
X