MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today With Keith Cornett: Latest Corvette News

Even though we're into the holiday season, there's still a lot of Corvette news! https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...-en2b43 Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com fill you in on what's going on.  Here are a few of the headlines discussed in this episode of CORVETTE TODAY:
1.  First pictures of the new right-hand-drive C8 Corvette headed to Japan
2. Lawsuit with GM about cracked Corvette Grand Sport wheels has been dismissed
3. C8 Corvette named to Car & Driver’s annual “10 Best” list for 2nd year in a row.
4. 2020 C8 Corvette goes on sale in the Middle East
5. Final production stats for the 2020 C8 announced
6. Nick Tandy to replace Oliver Gavin on Corvette Racing Team
7. Chevrolet celebrates IMSA championships with new commercial
8. The ’63 Split Window makes Hagerty’s list of coupes worth more than their convertible siblings
9. Procharger teases of a supercharged C8 Corvette
10. OnStar thwarts the theft of a 2020 C8 Corvette
Happy Holidays!
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Turning off the bark on startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replied
    Whow, I learn so much. I just need neighbor mode.

Leave a comment:

• Bikerjulio
    replied
    Tour mode isn't quiet at cold startup. There's a quick bark before it settles down.

Leave a comment:

• 67C8
    replied
    I think Myerweb is correct. I think the valves are open when starting the car..I've been starting the car in tour mode and it seems louder..

Leave a comment:

• Prefurbia
    replied
    I got the optional performance exhaust - non-z51

Leave a comment:

• Flaring Afro
    replied
    Can you not turn on the infotainment system before starting the car? I assume for the engine to start, you must have your foot on the brake. Pressing the button without the brake should turn on the infotainment system, though it may take a couple of presses. This is how most other push button start cars work. If you could do this, you may be able to switch the mode before starting her up.

I'd be surprised if neighbors could hear the start up even if it's extremely cold out with stock exhaust. Is it really that loud? I haven't had the pleasure of hearing the car in person yet.
    Last edited by Flaring Afro; 09-15-2020, 10:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Prefurbia
    replied
    No, I think in tour mode it's quieter on the performance exhause, but I seem to always forget to enter the neighborhood in Tour, so it starts in My Mode.

Leave a comment:

• meyerweb
    replied
    Originally posted by shiumai View Post
    Is the initial 'bark' on start up the same, or is it different if you have it set to stealth mode vs. other modes with an NPP exhaust? I know that the NPP exhaust sounds different in the different modes when idling and driving; but I'm specifically asking about cold start up.
    Does putting it in gear quieten the initial bark, or does it remain loud for a set period of time to warm up the cats?
    I seem to recall reading that the NPP exhaust was programmed to always start with the valves open, regardless of the mode set. But I can't find a reference to that now.

But it should be easy enough to test. Put the exhaust in stealth mode before you turn the car off, then see if it starts up more quietly the next morning. If it does, and you forget to put it in stealth mode before putting it to bed, the following might work:

Before starting the car, push the start button for 8 seconds without your foot on the brake. This puts the car in service mode (essentially the same as turning the key to "on," in an older car with an actual ignition key). From there you should be able to switch the exhaust to stealth mode before you start the car.

But my original suggestion was serious. If I need to leave the house early in the a.m., I start the car with the garage door closed. You're not going to be asphyxiated in the 5 or 10 seconds it takes to quiet things down.

Leave a comment:

• shiumai
    replied
    Is the initial 'bark' on start up the same, or is it different if you have it set to stealth mode vs. other modes with an NPP exhaust? I know that the NPP exhaust sounds different in the different modes when idling and driving; but I'm specifically asking about cold start up.
    Does putting it in gear quieten the initial bark, or does it remain loud for a set period of time to warm up the cats?

Leave a comment:

replied
    I have got the worst neighbor you could ever find. I have not received my car yet but what will I put it in to keep it loud? I think this is the only reason I ordered that option/.

Leave a comment:

• Plentyfast
    replied
    Try a Bottle of whatever they like to Drink ... and say welcome to the Neighborhood

Leave a comment:

• Ralston
    replied
    Sorry, this is all I could think of on short notice:

Push the car out of the neighborhood.
    Leave it running overnight.
    Potatoes in the exhaust outlets.
    Pay off the neighbors.
    Retire.

Leave a comment:

• meyerweb
    replied
    Start it up with the garage door closed?

Leave a comment:

• Prefurbia
    started a topic Turning off the bark on startup

Turning off the bark on startup

I leave for work at 5:00AM, and I have the car in my-mode pretty much forgetting to switch to tour mode to quiet the startup for my neighbors. I can't figure a away to switch from My Mode to a quiet start up (tour) without starting up the car. I think the new Mustang you keep the start button depressed to get quiet start-up... any ideas?

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
Working...
X