Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buddy View Post
    I just need neighbor mode.
    Same here, I hope we can get an accurate answer. If the performance exhaust is always open on start up regardless of the mode the car is in, then I would need to eliminate this option while I still can. In many neighborhoods this action would subject you to fines, and you would need to silence the car.(Putting car in a closed garage every time for restart is not an option, neither would parking in a hospital zone)
    The C8 meets all legal sound level requirements. And federal requirements preempt any state and local regulations.
    Last edited by meyerweb; 09-15-2020, 10:02 PM.
    SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
    >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

I can do what I want. I am not in an HOA. I would normally respect everyone but not this neighbor. He has called the police before because I told him to do it and they came and said everything is OK.

Comment

Whenever I forget to switch it to Tour mode the night before, I do exactly like DAY11 mentioned and it is quieter when started in Tour Mode.
        TPW March 2. 3LT, Z51, FE4, Black GBA, ZZ3, Black interior with Red seats/red stitch HU0 & 2 tone TU7, E60, J6N, RIK, Q8Q, etc.
        Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada

Comment

Thanks - I do start the car in the garage (my previous V12S Vantage there was no quiet mode - Aston Martin loud all the time). Last night I remembered to put in tour mode when entering the neighborhood - this AM it could be my imagination, but it seemed to be less bark on start-up.

Comment

I like loud all the time. That's why I live here, with no neighbors!!
            Click image for larger version

Name:	drone over Horton.jpeg
Views:	191
Size:	7.41 MB
ID:	190772

Comment

I love that bark, that's one of the things that make the C8 so cool.

Comment

Quick way to get to tour:
                Hit Z mode button twice.
                Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
                Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
                3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

Originally posted by capevettes View Post
                  I like loud all the time. That's why I live here, with no neighbors!!
                  Beautiful place! I'm just imagining flocks of crows taking off from the trees every time you start the Vette up, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by shiumai View Post

Beautiful place! I'm just imagining flocks of crows taking off from the trees every time you start the Vette up, lol.
                    Thanks. It's really the boat that the people around the lake don't like. It's very loud and I go out early every morning.

Comment

Assuming it functions as the C7, press the start button without your foot on the brake pedal. The gauges and Infotainment displays will display. Change mode to Touring. The exhaust will be quiet. When past your neighbors, change the mode to Sport, etc. for the sound you prefer.

Now, if I could just get my 2021 Z51 HTC actually ordered... 🤨

Comment

Has anyone actually tested this yet? Start the car once in Tour mode, then restart it in Track, and see if the sound level is different?
                        SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                        >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Set all the quiet **** in MyMode, put the Zmode settings aggressive or the way you like to drive.

When you shut down in Zmode start up is Tour by default. That way if you forget on shut down to switch to MyMode you get your and if you're in MyMode it will start in it nice and quiet next time.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
                            Has anyone actually tested this yet? Start the car once in Tour mode, then restart it in Track, and see if the sound level is different?
                            Yes, I did just that before I posted. There is a start up difference in Tour and Track

2LT Arctic White Z51 w Mag ride, front lift, GT2 seats and Carbon Fiber Aero.
                            -High Wing

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X