MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Welcome Ikon Performance As Our Featured Forum Vendor

We are extremely pleased to have the high quality firm of Ikon Performance join us with their C8 exhaust system being their lead C8 product. Ikon is at: http://www.ikonperformance.com/c8-Co...xhaust-system/ Their C8 exhaust is bent, made of 304 stainless, with round exhaust tips and more.
2 of 4 < >

Corvette Today Podcast IS On Now With CorvetteBlogger and Steve Garrett

Steve Garrett and CorvetteBlogger Keith Cornett examine “Corvette Headlines & News” for mid-September 2020. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...rftb Included in this episode are: The Corvette Visualizer for 2021 is now online; The National Corvette Museum raffles off the 1.75 millionth Corvette; Electric, all-wheel drive Corvette possibly coming out in 2023;Country Music star George Jones’ Corvette gets donated to the NCM;.....and more!Stay current on what's going on in the world of Corvette with this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
3 of 4 < >

FOLLOW THIS FORUM RULE!

All shall follow this forum rule:

“11. Do not post URL links to any product or service that is offered by a forum vendor. Exception: If the product or service you wish to link is one that you know is not offered by a forum supporting vendor, you may post that link. Examples of the latter could include tools, common products like duct/electrical tape, motor oil, and/or providers of specialized upgrade, maintenance or repair services.”

You may use a non forum business name, posting such as, “I buy at Joe’s” but again may not post a link to nor a URL of Joe’s.
See more
See less

Over 50% 2020 C8’s Built

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over 50% 2020 C8’s Built

Congratulations BGA! A couple of hours ago you passed the halfway mark toward building 20,188, status 3000 C8’s. Specially, we are a smidge over 10,150,C8’s built right now.

Click image for larger version  Name:	04A308C1-FF1F-4C6A-B074-49C2678B4DFD.jpeg Views:	184 Size:	105.8 KB ID:	190154

Last week, even though only a four day one due to Labor Day, was close to the best five day week production level ever. This week should settle a new high production mark with perhaps 800 C8’s built.

Despite the constant struggle for BGA to get parts from all 400 of its unique, worldwide, almost all absolutely-necessarily-critical, and we all know that doing without even one key part shuts down the line, the BGA team manages to hourly figure out how to maximize C8 production.

Kudos to Bowling Green Assembly for now being on the downhill leg toward getting every one of the 20,181 status 3000, 2020’s C8’s built!
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Just out of curiosity, John. What are BGA's normal shift hours? If I remember correctly, line capacity is just over 11 cars per hour. 203 cars works out to about 18 hours production. Any chance they've started putting in some OT?

Comment

Do not like to quote myself, but as we have two threads right now on the same subject, and typing is not my favorite activity...

Originally posted by John
      We have just learned that cars are counted though midnight (not past), and with the second shift going past midnight, those cars completed after 12:00:00 AM are not counted until the following day (or later on weekends).
      Thanks little birdie for that “counting info” as to midnight being the dividing line.

As to when the 2nd shift ends, I believe we learned from Jeremy that it ends around 1:45 AM.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Well Alright! Congrats BGA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
          Congratulations BGA! A couple of hours ago you passed the halfway mark toward building 20,188, status 3000 C8’s. Specially, we are a smidge over 10,150,C8’s built right now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	04A308C1-FF1F-4C6A-B074-49C2678B4DFD.jpeg
Views:	4372
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	190154

Last week, even though only a four day one due to Labor Day, was close to the best five day week production level ever. This week should settle a new high production mark with perhaps 800 C8’s built.

Despite the constant struggle for BGA to get parts from all 400 of its unique, worldwide, almost all absolutely-necessarily-critical, and we all know that doing without even one key part shuts down the line, the BGA team manages to hourly figure out how to maximize C8 production.

Kudos to Bowling Green Assembly for now being on the downhill leg toward getting every one of the 20,188 status 3000, 2020’s C8’s built!
          John,
          As always you are (excuse the PUN) Johnny on the spot. Thanks for all the great info. Stay Safe.
          Corvette owner since 1970
          owned 1962,1982,1997
          Still own 1986
          1993 40th anniversary edition, 2003 50th anniversary edition
          on order 2020 Torch Red 3LT Z51 frt.lift all the goodies.

Comment

Just under 9,999 left to go.
            Looking forward to our ME arriving.

Comment

Only 9998 left to go until they get to mine.

Comment

HATS OFF BGA! Know y’all are working as hard as you can! 👏🏼👏🏼

Comment

Keep 'em coming, BGA! 👍

Comment

Now I'm a little confused as to how to proceed with my SS. I guess Friday's (Early Saturday's) numbers will appear on tomorrows totals. I suppose it doesn't really matter as the early morning numbers will be reported in the following days numbers and so on. I.E. Early Sat/Mon, Early Tues/Tues, Early Wed/Wed. ETC.
                    Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                    2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
                    Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
                    3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

That's awesome.

Comment

I wonder how many 2020 orders they are leaving on the table, and how that will affect the 2021 production?
                        Torch red 1LT, no options. Built June 4, received July 2

Comment

More BGA kudos!!! Yesterday’s production was not just the best day yet by far, but exactly what the theoretical day’s perfect assembly rate should be.

Comment

Given that Fridays number was amazing (203) may or may not include early Saturday mornings numbers they sure seem to be on the right track now. If Mondays number didn't include this mornings (after midnight) numbers (186) then that is truly amazing! Way2Go BG
                            Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                            2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
                            Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
                            3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

Congrats on assembling that many cars. Hopefully the next area of focus is quality control.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X