MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Special Tadge Juechter On Corvette Today Podcast Now

Steve Garrett has the honor of talking to Corvette's Executive Chief Engineer, Tadge Juechter on CORVETTE TODAY!  https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...60a01_h0PwqXjw

Tadge talks about how he started working at GM, what his first job was for the company, his path to success and how he attained his current position. Then Steve and Tadge trace his time with the C4, C5 and C6.  You'll learn how the C7 almost became the mid-engine Corvette!  Tadge talks about how the true mid-engine car we know today was being developed while the C7 was coming to market! Next Tadge takes a deep dive into the development and product launch of the current C8 Corvette. He talks about how the Corvette team attained the buy-in for GM executives to build the car, the research and architecture of the C8 and the future of this mid-engine marvel.

Tell your friends, stop what you're doing right now and check out this outstanding episode of CORVETTE TODAY with Executive Chief Engineer, Tadge Juechter!

https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett (listen to all CORVETTE TODAY podcasts)

CorvetteToday.ck.page (sign up for email updates here)
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

(VIDEO) 2020 C8 Corvette HTC Driver Review...Plus Z51 vs Non-Z51 Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are two bottom of the engine compartment drain vents (each side of the motor) that will do all the draining for you.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
      There are two bottom of the engine compartment drain vents (each side of the motor) that will do all the draining for you.
      I think he is talking about where the tonneau cover slopes forward towards the rear vertical window. I have read that water definitely pools there, but conflicting reports about whether or not there are drains in that location.

Comment

Water is definitely going to get into the HTC’s engine compartment for the reason you noted, for there are no HTC deck drains other than that one large side-to-side one which can/does facilitate its entrance with its slope water.

I think of how much water was/is air pressure force-fed into the engine compartments of all our front engine Corvettes when we drove, water that we probably only considered when we were detailing the compartment for hood-up show presentation or similar.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I don’t think the concern is water in the engine compartment at all. The concern is standing water on top of the tonneau cover pooled up against the rear window. If water doesn’t drain from that area and you drive your HTC in the rain a lot, it could be a pain trying to deal with manually removing the water from the top of the tonneau at the end of a drive.

That being said, I ordered the HTC. I’m not really too concerned about that issue.

Comment

Originally posted by 16falcon View Post
            I don’t think the concern is water in the engine compartment at all. The concern is standing water on top of the tonneau cover pooled up against the rear window.
            Just floor it pulling into your garage. That'll slide the water off the back
            SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
            >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

I like your thinking’s! I can’t believe that with all of the engineering thought that went in to this car, that they missed this. There has to be natural solution (though again, jumping on it is always fun anyway - well, maybe not entering your garage.)
              Rick, Charlotte, NC
              Current: 2019 GS, Shadow Grey Metalic, Modified
              Next: C8 Z06

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
              Working...
              X