(VIDEO) 2020 C8 Corvette HTC Driver Review...Plus Z51 vs Non-Z51 Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (VIDEO) 2020 C8 Corvette HTC Driver Review...Plus Z51 vs Non-Z51 Review

Today's video is a review of my almost 1,700 mile driving experience in a 2020 Corvette Hard Top Convertible. Having driven over 4,000 miles in my 2020 Corvette Coupe, I talk about what I like about each from a driver's point of view. The Coupe has the Z51 package while the HTC does not, so the final segment of the video is my review of the two variants and whether you might want or need the Z51 option or not. I'd be glad to answer any questions you may have, so feel free to ask in the comments section. Enjoy the drive!

Click image for larger version

Name:	HTC Review Pic.jpg
Views:	5633
Size:	5.33 MB
ID:	189881

Outstanding video and a lot of practical advice, and a gorgeous car too, I'm very happy for you. I would have gotten the convertible but I live in Honolulu, most of the time it's too hot to put the top down here.

Comment

Jeremy,
      Excellent review. Great photography (as always).
      I was particularly happy to hear the exhaust sounds with the top up with back window down

thank you.
      HTC: 2LT Sebring Orange/Natural. Carbon Flash: nacelles/roof, outside mirrors, open spoke wheels. Performance exhaust. Front lift. Splash guards.
      Pre order folder created 04/30/2019.
      Order placed with Mike Furman 02/03/2020
      4000 11/20/20; 4200 11/23/20; 5000 11/24/20

Comment

Great review, particularly found the Z51 vs non-Z51 discussion really helpful. Thank you.
        First time Corvette owner, GJI - Shadow Gray, 3LT, HU3 - Morello Red, E60 - Front Lift, EYK - Chrome Badge, Q8P - silver wheels. Deposit on 07-23-2019, 3000 mid-January with TPW of 03-30-2020. 3400 on 07-21-2020 with TPW of 07-27-2020, took delivery 08-14-2020

Comment

Really nice video. Much better than the you tubers 👍👍
          Arctic White 2LT, G8G, HUL, F9, AH2, 5ZZ, E60, STI, SHW J6F, Q8Q, RCC, Z51, ZYC.

Comment

I was surprised to see the back window not going all the way down. I'm sure there's a good reason for it, but it surprised me none the less.
            Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
            2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
            Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
            3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

I love everything about my HTC — with one minor exception. I didn’t realize that the side mirrors are canted toward the car. I was used to the m being level and it’s weird that they aren’t. But I am absolutely ecstatic about everything else.
              Convertible delivered 9/11/20 — Long Beach Red/Natural, 3LT, Z51, FE4 Suspension, E60 Front Lift, FA5 Carbon Fiber Trim, Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents, 5ZZ High Wing, D84 Carbon Flash Top & Nacelles, ZYC Carbon Flash Mirrors, 3N9 Tan Belts, VQK Splash Guards.

Comment

Glad but not surprised you are loving your HTC CaryBob. I am curious for the side mirrors on the coupe and the HTC are identically placed/canted.
                GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Jeremy, that is a fantastic video. Annie and I were attention-captured from beginning to its end. You presented an excellent job in helping anybody on the fence between getting a coupe or a convertible, assisting them in making the right choice for their upcoming C8.

Of course this thread/video is now a Featured Slider thread as it deserves to be.

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Thanks for the comparison video, great job!

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                      Glad but not surprised you are loving your HTC CaryBob. I am curious for the side mirrors on the coupe and the HTC are identically placed/canted.
                      i put some pics in the “Colors” sub forum.

I think it just takes time to get used to the different view.
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	28D6EEA2-4280-4965-B188-6A44FC33B328.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	420.3 KB ID:	189926
                      Attached Files
                      Convertible delivered 9/11/20 — Long Beach Red/Natural, 3LT, Z51, FE4 Suspension, E60 Front Lift, FA5 Carbon Fiber Trim, Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents, 5ZZ High Wing, D84 Carbon Flash Top & Nacelles, ZYC Carbon Flash Mirrors, 3N9 Tan Belts, VQK Splash Guards.

Comment

Thanks Jeremy - You answered a lot of Q's I've had about rear visibility over the hump when the top is down, let alone the Z-51/Base comparison.

Kelly
                        2021 HTC - Z51 - 3LT - FE4 (MagRide) - E60 (Front Lift) - EFY (Body Colored Accents) - Expected Delivery March '21

Comment

Thanks Jeremy. My questions regarding the difference in road noise have been answered. Much appreciated. I don't know if I'm going to make it another 6 months... These cars look like a blast to drive!
                          2021 Red Mist Tintcoat, convertible

Comment

Thanks for the comments, friends!

Comment

Originally posted by Murray20c8 View Post
                              I was surprised to see the back window not going all the way down. I'm sure there's a good reason for it, but it surprised me none the less.
                              The practical reason is so that should you forget and leave the window down, or your car is in the rain or you're washing it, the window serves as a dam to keep the water from spilling over into the interior.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X