MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Do Not Post Anything Political On This Forum!

Violators will not as usual get a gentle private message. Anything posted from now on that is political SHALL result in a minimum one week banning. We do not care what side of the political realm you are on. Take your politics elsewhere! MECF is a car forum
See more
See less

Bad News For Those Still At 3000 Status???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad News For Those Still At 3000 Status???

Another top level inside GM confirmation was just received that this thread’s rumor is unmitigated nonsense; see the next post and the last two posts..

Today I picked up my C8 after a 10 month wait....well worth the wait. While waiting on the dealer finance guy to get all the paperwork ready to be signed...my dealer/salesman said that he got word of a GM conference call happening next week...and the subject is going to be about event code 3300. He was told that GM will be telling dealers that any customer not already at event code 3300 would not be getting a 2020 C8...basically another reduction in dealer allocations. It somewhat makes sense because even with the 2nd shift, not that many cars are being daily.

My salesman has a 30+ year career selling cars...not someone I would consider a rumor spreader.

I'm just passing on what I was told...by a reputable source.

That is completely inaccurate information that your dealer salesperson told you. As to “not that many C8’s being built daily,” the last three days days of production have been the three highest C8 production days ever.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

At this point in 2020, nothing would surprise me. That said, there’s no way GM would have EVER brought on the second shift if they didn’t think the supply chain would deliver. Regardless of how long the guy has been in sales, if he’s not “on top of all things C8” (what you find on this forum), he doesn’t have any idea. My dealer has owned multiple Corvettes, has sold them for many years, and is on this forum. He’s amazed at the quality of information found on the MECF. I don’t have a 2020 on order, but I don’t want my 2021 pushed back. The OP gives me little reason for concern. (As an aside, your forum name doesn’t give me much confidence in the validity of your post... 😬)
      Last edited by First Vette; 09-12-2020, 10:51 PM.
      2021 Red Mist Tintcoat, convertible

Comment

Very weird decision for GM to make unless a supplier is telling GM they can't fulfill anymore parts for GM.

Comment

What doesn’t make sense is that event code 3300 is only for cars already scheduled for production and has a production horizon of 2-3 weeks out. So that statement is making it sound like they won’t make any more C8’s after 3 weeks out. I can’t believe that is true.
          Status 6000! Picked up my new C8 9/5/20. Z51 2LT with GT2 Seats, Front lift, FE4, Edge Red Engine Cover, Edge Red calipers, Illuminated Door Sills, Engine Appearance Package, Carbon Flash Painted wheels, in Long Beach Red and Jet Black interior.

My 1968 convertible now has a little sister!

Previously owned a C6 with Squires Twin Turbos

Comment

It absolutely amazes me what garbage can come out of some dealers.
            He obviously didn't watch Kai Spande's talk at the museum last week.
            As noted above 3300 is 2 weeks from production. That would mean they are shutting down all production in 3 weeks! lol!
            This kind of inaccurate information does nothing but fuel a lot of worry for so many! Thousands of people in fact.
            Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
            2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
            Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
            3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

This has to be incorrect. If you assume that they are not going to produce the rest of the cars at 3000 then you would assume that they will be shutting down production for some period. If they can't build 2020's then they can't build 2021's. With minimal changes, the reason for an stoppage of production could only be a parts shortage and that would affect either year. As someone said above, they wouldn't have started a second shift if they couldn't keep it running.

Comment

SAW MY FIRST C8 IN THE WILD !!! returning from running errands and someone with a torch red C8 was pulling out of entrance to my subdivision.

Comment

Look, sometimes I find it very hard to believe statements made by car dealers. However, if we look at the math, the statement of cars still at 3000 by a certain date will be pushed into 2021 maybe accurate. The following math is based upon information that has been available to all of us from multiple sources. There are a lot of variables here, and the math can change at anytime. But here we go. Number of cars to be built as 2020's = 20181. The number built to date is 10056. That leaves 10125 cars to be built. If convertibles were built at the stated 10% for the first 4 weeks and 20% for the last 3 weeks since August 3rd, that means there are 7149 coupes and 2976 convertibles left to build by November 20. We are getting close to having to build convertibles almost at a rate of every other car, or 50%. We have been told this will slow the production. Last week, there were 637 cars built in 4 days with 20% being convertibles. Assuming the same production rate for the 5th day, the number of cars built would have been 796. I would see this as a maximum rate that cannot be sustained, as the percentage of convertibles built must increase significantly for the rest of the production year 2020. At 796 cars per week, which it seems is not sustainable, only 18000 cars will be built by November 20th. That leaves 2181 cars to be pushed out into 2021. As an example, if the production rate is slowed to 90% (10% slower) by the need to produce more convertibles, about 3000 builds will be pushed into 2021. So in my mind, with the info we have, the math says all of the 2020's cannot be built by November 20. I would like to be wrong!!

Comment

I agree, that this is suspect as You would think that kind of info would have been a YouTube “Breaking News” Thumbnail Title by now ...

Comment

I am not sure why you would assume that with time and more experience building the C8 the rate of production will not increase. This calculation above also does not take into account the possibility of overtime or Saturday work. I think GM will do everything it can to keep its commitment to build all the cars at 3000. The only mitigating factor may be a potential supplier parts shortage that is out of their control. Only time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by mew View Post
                        Look, sometimes I find it very hard to believe statements made by car dealers. However, if we look at the math, the statement of cars still at 3000 by a certain date will be pushed into 2021 maybe accurate. The following math is based upon information that has been available to all of us from multiple sources. There are a lot of variables here, and the math can change at anytime. But here we go. Number of cars to be built as 2020's = 20181. The number built to date is 10056. That leaves 10125 cars to be built. If convertibles were built at the stated 10% for the first 4 weeks and 20% for the last 3 weeks since August 3rd, that means there are 7149 coupes and 2976 convertibles left to build by November 20. We are getting close to having to build convertibles almost at a rate of every other car, or 50%. We have been told this will slow the production. Last week, there were 637 cars built in 4 days with 20% being convertibles. Assuming the same production rate for the 5th day, the number of cars built would have been 796. I would see this as a maximum rate that cannot be sustained, as the percentage of convertibles built must increase significantly for the rest of the production year 2020. At 796 cars per week, which it seems is not sustainable, only 18000 cars will be built by November 20th. That leaves 2181 cars to be pushed out into 2021. As an example, if the production rate is slowed to 90% (10% slower) by the need to produce more convertibles, about 3000 builds will be pushed into 2021. So in my mind, with the info we have, the math says all of the 2020's cannot be built by November 20. I would like to be wrong!!
                        STOP with the November 20th already! LOL, No offense meant to you, but that info is entirely inaccurate. I wish GM authority would get their facts straight. GM has continually stated that they intend to build all 2020's. And that they CAN build until mid December if they need to plus they can work Saturdays. Please look at my SS. It clearly shows what can be built as long as the supply chain can keep up.
                        Also, they Can NOT push orders at 3000 to 2021's. They can only cancel them.
                        Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
                        3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

Originally posted by mew View Post
                          So in my mind, with the info we have, the math says all of the 2020's cannot be built by November 20. I would like to be wrong!!
                          There is nothing magical about November 20th. They can continue to make 2020 models right up to the Christmas break and likely finish all of the status 3000 orders. I think that is likely what they will do.

Comment

Let me elaborate on my discussion with the dealer and what he said. The dealer is a very small one...they had 12 allocations prior to the allocation cut earlier this year...after the cut the dealer had 5 allocations...I happen to be #4 and as I said...I picked up my car yesterday...during our conversation I asked the dealer if he had heard any info about when his allocation #5 would be built...and that's when he told me that he was told by his district manager he would not be getting allocation #5...which is currently at 3000 status...because GM will not be building any 2020 C8's unless they were currently at 3300 status or higher. There was no reason for my dealer to make up that story...bottom line...the dealership will not be making a guaranteed sale/profit on their one remaining allocation.

If in a week or 2, what I have shared about the 3300 status is not true...I will be the first to comment...to say I was told an rumor.

First Vette - as for my forum name...it has nothing to do with or reflect on any posts and/or comments made in this forum or the other forums I belong to.

Comment

Originally posted by billybaloneey View Post
                              Let me elaborate on my discussion with the dealer and what he said. The dealer is a very small one...they had 12 allocations prior to the allocation cut earlier this year...after the cut the dealer had 5 allocations...I happen to be #4 and as I said...I picked up my car yesterday...during our conversation I asked the dealer if he had heard any info about when his allocation #5 would be built...and that's when he told me that he was told by his district manager he would not be getting allocation #5...which is currently at 3000 status...because GM will not be building any 2020 C8's unless they were currently at 3300 status or higher. There was no reason for my dealer to make up that story...bottom line...the dealership will not be making a guaranteed sale/profit on their one remaining allocation.

If in a week or 2, what I have shared about the 3300 status is not true...I will be the first to comment...to say I was told an rumor.

First Vette - as for my forum name...it has nothing to do with or reflect on any posts and/or comments made in this forum or the other forums I belong to.
                              Again, the dealer likely confused himself. If he received the allocation and assigned it, then it is at 3000. Like we have all been saying. 3300 status is not achieved until 2 weeks before the build day. So he is entirely incorrect. Sorry, either you misheard or he misspoke.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X