MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Product Featuring Doug Fehan On Now

Learn Everything About Corvette Racing From THE Product Manager, Doug Fehan!_If you are a Corvette fan, you have to be interested in Corvette Racing! https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...g-Fehan-ejpu64 Steve Garrett learns just about everything there is to know about Corvette Racing for THE man who heads up Corvette Racing....Doug Fehan. Doug traces the origins of the race program from its beginnings all the way up to present day.  Fehan talks about the new mid-engine C8.R race car and its differences from the C7.R.  Doug outlines the races Corvette Racing participates in during a typical year and why they did not go to Le Mans this year.  Learn about the passionate race fans and the driver's relationship with them. Doug's energy, enthusiasm and passion come out bold and proud in this fantastic episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
See more
See less

Paint issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint issue

Had my C8 for about 2 months went out this morning found a paint bubble coming through above my windshield has anyone ran into a problem like this thank you

I am sorry to hear of your issue, a new one to me. Your dealer will repaint it under warranty.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Yeah I know it's just a little depressing I'm kind of **** about my automobiles thanks though.

Comment

Pic please?
        Future: 2020 C8 Z51 3LT Torch Red - 3000 status
        Current: 2014 C7 Z51 3LT Torch Red
        Prior: 1992 C4, 1995 C4 2002 C5, 2005 C6, 2010 C6

Comment

Let me guess... Is your car white?

Comment

Originally posted by brAnd7onX View Post
            Let me guess... Is your car white?
            Why do you say that? I'm only asking because my Arctic White C8 is being built this week!

Comment

Yes white. Took delivery 7/8.
              I can't figure out how to post a picture on this website someone please give me instructions thank you

Comment

Below the text box where you type your reply, you see a button labeled "Upload Attachments". Click that button and then select the picture you want to upload from your computer. After it uploads, it allows you to click on the size of the picture you want to insert in your message. Since this is a paint detail topic, I suggest you choose "large". You can then optionally select the "Preview" option to make sure the text and picture are formatted the way you want. Then click "Post Reply".
                Delivered 9/5/2020: 2LT C8 Coupe, Long Beach Red, Z51, FE4 Suspension, E60 Lift, Spectra Gray Tridents, GT1 Seats, Jet Black Interior, Splash Guards

Comment

All I see is a bunch of smiley faces, post reply, preview and cancel. 🤷

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	522
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	188329
                    The attachment button is highlighted in yellow
                    Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200907_130051.jpg
Views:	621
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	188345

Comment

Thanks.
                        The image is enlarged.
                        Its actually about the size of a head of a pin. Just starting to grow ! 😟

Comment

Looks like a small rock peck that water got underneath. The rest of the damage is a paint adhesion issue. GM and peeling white paint is a long and storied tradition. Back in the '80's and 90's, white paint would peel off in sheets.

Sorry this is happening to you. They will fix it, but I wonder just how extensive the issue is and whether it is confined to that spot or if there are other areas that have yet to reveal themselves. Insist on a proper investigation of the problem rather than a quick fix, and try to get your GM field rep involved.
                          Last edited by Nooshinjohn; 09-08-2020, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. 👍

Comment

[QUOTE=paint would peel off in sheets.

I had a 87 corvette, and the clear coat came off in large sheets. The dealer did repaint at no charge.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X